Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Asuka'sBigBrother
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka'sBigBrother » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:18 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:Calling it now. Mari is the last surviving member of the First Ancestral Race, visiting earth to check on how things are going.

Instead of rescuing her from being trapped in utter isolation?

Shallow characterization doesn't justify utilizing her for your amusement.
Just a big bro looking out for sistah

Mess with this crew, and I'll give you a blister

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:50 am

View Original PostAsuka'sBigBrother wrote:Instead of rescuing her from being trapped in utter isolation?

Shallow characterization doesn't justify utilizing her for your amusement.

In the manga Mari is much deeper and better fleshed out in my view and even though her segment is quite short you do get to see the deeper more emotional character under the rebuild version's surface ^_^

SPOILER: Show
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Asuka'sBigBrother
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka'sBigBrother » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:40 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:In the manga Mari is much deeper and better fleshed in my view and even though her segment is quite short you do get to see the deeper more emotional character under the rebuild version's surface ^_^

So you treat deeper characters better than shallower characters?

Is that why manga Mari is being given a caring caretaker who takes care of her while anime Mari is left on her own in utter isolation?

Are all people not created equal?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:32 pm

Mari is the embodiment of chaos, the holy loins of creation. She doesn't need your defense. She exists by her own force of existence. She is so powerful that in a world she does not inhabit, we must imagine her. Behold her tits ye mighty and despair.
the prophecy is true
The wish for respectability, observed spiritual teacher Jiddu Krishnamurti, is the greatest deterrent to selfhood and progress.

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:39 pm

Chuckman wrote:Mari is the embodiment of chaos, the holy loins of creation. She doesn't need your defense. She exists by her own force of existence. She is so powerful that in a world she does not inhabit, we must imagine her. Behold her tits ye mighty and despair.

Behold and Bare Witness (NSWF-ish)  SPOILER: Show
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Ray
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:45 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Image

Misato: How did you get into my apartment? Wait. Those are my clothes! That's MY Beer!

Mari: Plugsuit ran out of battery and I was thirsty.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:42 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Misato: How did you get into my apartment? Wait. Those are my clothes! That's MY Beer!

Mari: Plugsuit ran out of battery and I was thirsty.

Both seem wholly in character. And I bet it would confuse the hell out of Shinji
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Rei IV
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:36 pm

Blasphemy. Nobody wears the outfit better than Misato herself.

:misato_service:

Valikdu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Valikdu » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:29 pm

PEN PINEAPPLE APPLE PEN

Maker of large-scale Dwarf Fortress modifications.

August 13 update: Desolation 1.5 - Attack on Urist!

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:59 pm

"How can I eat an uncut pineapple when my bra doesn't even cover my whole boobs? Why is this happening to me?"
the prophecy is true
The wish for respectability, observed spiritual teacher Jiddu Krishnamurti, is the greatest deterrent to selfhood and progress.

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:58 am

View Original PostRei IV wrote:Blasphemy. Nobody wears the outfit better than Misato herself.

:misato_service:

Yeah but if you look at certain episodes in the series you can see that Asuka keeps on pinching Misato's long T-shirt to sleep in so its not so far fetched that in the rebuild universe that Mari could be the one stealing her stuff its just unlike Asuka she'd flaunt that she's doing it openly ^_^

Asuka  SPOILER: Show

Mari  SPOILER: Show

Rei  SPOILER: Show
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Asuka'sBigBrother
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka'sBigBrother » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:32 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Mari is the embodiment of chaos, the holy loins of creation.

^^^^^
Religious folk

Any middle/highschooler who tolerates being described as a "holy loin" is weak.

Valikdu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Valikdu » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:12 pm

Kept you waiting, huh?

Maker of large-scale Dwarf Fortress modifications.

August 13 update: Desolation 1.5 - Attack on Urist!

El Squibbonator
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:48 pm

Aww, Rei with a kitty!
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Joseki
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:01 pm

View Original PostValikdu wrote:Kept you waiting, huh?

Punished Asuka

「希望は残っているよ。どんな時にもね」

29/07/2017

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:17 pm

Asuka and Moggy  SPOILER: Show

El Squibbonator
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:53 pm

"Aren't you a cute little- hey! That tickles!"
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Asuka'sBigBrother
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka'sBigBrother » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:22 am

View Original PostValikdu wrote:Kept you waiting, huh?

:facepalm:
Sending children into war is deplorable and insanely unethical.

Be ashamed.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:30 am

Well, that's the whole of Evangelion put in its place!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Why do I have to deal with these Titans as well as Angels? (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

The Cruel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:57 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Punished Asuka

Face to face with the man who sold the world.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”