Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

The Cruel
Sachiel

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:31 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:I reject your reality and substitute my own

They grow up get therapy change as people and have happy lives and possibly have a romance later in life ^_^

Sorry, after watching that pic and thinking back about everything what happened in Eva and between them, I lost it.

Until Final is out I won't never know how it ends for them! So much can go horribly wrong between them and the damage is already done! The sin is to heavy to be forgiven!
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:40 pm

View Original PostThe Cruel wrote:Sorry, after watching that pic and thinking back about everything what happened in Eva and between them, I lost it.

Until Final is out I won't never know how it ends for them! So much can go horribly wrong between them and the damage is already done! The sin is to heavy to be forgiven!

Okay being serious now I get your views on the final and series because this killed the idea of Shinji/Asuka as a couple for me for many years and I hated Shinji's guts for what happen in the hosbital room, what changed my mind years on was reading the official manga and the spin off manga's as they show that the couple does have a chance if the universe is slightly different. Also I would recommend reading Ghosts Of Evangelion and Bagheera and 2nd Try by Jimmy Wolk as well as The Catalyst by jcmoorehead all contend with the EOE issues in style and hit on the problems in the relationship and with the characters.
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

vito
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby vito » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:42 pm

Misato by Hiroyasu Ishida, who did the awesome short Fumiko’s Confession.

SPOILER: Show

Rei IV
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:50 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:
Shinji/Kaworu

Shinji looks very effeminate in that picture.

Ray
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:10 pm

View Original PostMicrosoft_Sam wrote:Image

P.S. anyone got a translator for the second one?

Misato? Acting like a human being again? Shinji SMILING AGAIN? Asuka NOT dragging him around like a catatonic rag doll? What sort of messed up twisted sorcery is this?

Evangelion, directed by Mamoru Hosada.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Microsoft_Sam
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:24 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Misato? Acting like a human being again? Shinji SMILING AGAIN? Asuka NOT dragging him around like a catatonic rag doll? What sort of messed up twisted sorcery is this?

As twomanyraptors would say: "Insanity shall ensue upon you and the world."
My ROFLcopter goes Soi soi soi.

Ray
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:05 pm

It's official, Asuka in Q is a Shotacon.

Three Little Monkeys  SPOILER: Show
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Rei IV
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:11 pm

The last picture is tight, yo. Also, Ray, stop with the Q Misato bashing as that incantation of Misato is where it's at.

^_^

Ray
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:26 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:The last picture is tight, yo. Also, Ray, stop with the Q Misato bashing as that incantation of Misato is where it's at.

^_^

Final is going to have to do A LOT to turn my opinion of her around after the DSS choker. I'll leave it at that.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:27 pm

Chokers are sexy, and I'll just leave it at that.

proof  SPOILER: Show
- Sachi

I host the unofficial EGF discord server. Join us! https://discord.gg/WqS7wRW
I also host another more general discord server for film and anime fans: https://discord.gg/wWYPwjb

Microsoft_Sam
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:36 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Final is going to have to do A LOT to turn my opinion of her around after the DSS choker. I'll leave it at that.

You've been saying that for at least 3 years pal. It's just a meme at this point

:facepalm:
Last edited by Microsoft_Sam on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:02 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:incantation of Misato

In nominibus Phalli Patri et Iebisus et Sphenisciformei Sancti ea verba magica incantavit?
In the name of the Father's Phallus, and of Yebisu, and of the Holy Penguin she incanted words of magic?
Last edited by imprimatur13 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

Ray
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:19 am

If Shinji was a boss in a Persona game, his form would look something like this.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:27 am

So, Akadama-sensei's fan from Uchouten Kazoku and Koyomi Araragi's arm(s) from his fight with Guillotine Cutter in Kizumonogatari-hen?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Why shouldn't a healthy young man be naked at home? (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Ray
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:22 am

^I don't know what either of those things are.

Microsoft_Sam
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:05 am

View Original PostRay wrote:^I don't know what either of those things are.

Heh I don't either. Nice image tho.

Awwww  SPOILER: Show

Something Different  SPOILER: Show
Last edited by Microsoft_Sam on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ray
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:07 am

You may want to rehost that second image.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:08 am

The fan can whip up a wind powerful enough to destroy things (Daikoku, Kofuku's shinki in Noragami is similar, but more specific in effect); in Araragi's fight, he uses his vampire powers (it's the moment at which he fully accepts his powers as a vampire) to transform his arms into ribbons which trap Guillotine Cutter while winding up in the form of a tree.

Looking back at your image, though, maybe that arm is blades, not ribbons...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Why shouldn't a healthy young man be naked at home? (details); Past avatars.
Can't wait for 3.0+1.0? - try Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:47 am

It feels weird to me to see Shinji being wept upon by various Q iterations of Misato and Asuka. Does it feel weird to anyone else? Not weird in the sense that "It'll ever happen," but more like these fan works are a result of Eva fans projecting themselves upon Shinji (or otherwise feeling sympathy for him) and wanting to see all of the characters express remorse over his treatment in 3.33.

I've technically been around since the days when the majority of fans still hated Shinji for being a whiney brat. This shift in attitudes towards Shinji by the fan base is strikingly different from the attitudes back when NGE was Anno's only Eva creation. This fascinates me.

Microsoft_Sam
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Microsoft_Sam » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:14 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:It feels weird to me to see Shinji being wept upon by various Q iterations of Misato and Asuka. Does it feel weird to anyone else? Not weird in the sense that "It'll ever happen," but more like these fan works are a result of Eva fans projecting themselves upon Shinji (or otherwise feeling sympathy for him) and wanting to see all of the characters express remorse over his treatment in 3.33.

I've technically been around since the days when the majority of fans still hated Shinji for being a whiney brat. This shift in attitudes towards Shinji by the fan base is strikingly different from the attitudes back when NGE was Anno's only Eva creation. This fascinates me.

In what way and is it a bad thing? Most of the art is Japanese however. I would hope the characters would have some sympathy for the poor kid.

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”