Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Blockio
Israfel
Israfel

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:00 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:There is a lot going on in that pic. Is Asuka trying to smother him with her bosom? Why is Rei's leg there? Where is Shinji's other hand?

Context: From the Shinji Ikari Raising Project Manga, Misato was away for the night and the three were playing Wii until they fell asleep.
As for the questions:
1) and 2) because in that canon they are both hardcore crushing on him and because fanservice
3) Its just laying on the floor, sorry to break your illusion there :chuckles:
On the other hand, there are scenes like this [NSFW]  SPOILER: Show

pwhodges wrote:And what does it tell us that Shinji's wearing a T-shirt that says "PEN²" (I presume the "²" is there under Rei's bangs)?

Its actually something of his signature shirt in SIRP
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)

What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:39 pm

Oh, it's from Raising Project? I haven't read volumes 16 or 17 yet, so I may have missed it. Still, you shouldn't have tossed out fanservice as a reason, we all now that manga exists just so Shinji can (accidently) bury his face in Rei and Asuka's lady bits in all manner of hillarious antics.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Blockio
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:50 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Oh, it's from Raising Project? I haven't read volumes 16 or 17 yet, so I may have missed it.

I actually haven't read Volumes 16 and 17 either, if I remember correctly, it happened somewhere between volumes 12 and 15 (reading the omnibus versions, so I am never quite sure about the volume a scene is from)
Still, you shouldn't have tossed out fanservice as a reason, we all now that manga exists just so Shinji can (accidently) bury his face in Rei and Asuka's lady bits in all manner of hillarious antics.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:11 am

Blockio wrote:Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

The Other Side of the Shinji Ikari Raising Project (NSFW)  SPOILER: Show

Yeah, one of the images I uploaded to wiki shows the other side of that manga, which I have to re-read anyway seeing as it's been a year or so since the last time I read it through.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Blockio
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:30 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:
The Other Side of the Shinji Ikari Raising Project (NSFW)  SPOILER: Show

Yeah, one of the images I uploaded to wiki shows the other side of that manga, which I have to re-read anyway seeing as it's been a year or so since the last time I read it through.

That scnene absolutely killed me when I read it for the first time. Also, where did you get that scan from ;;-;;

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:36 am

^ Somewhere on the Internet, I just can't remember where.

And I don't know what about that scene is funnier, Shinji seeing both of them, or the girls seeing him. I just hope it's not cold in there :rofl:

Blockio
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:35 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:^ Somewhere on the Internet, I just can't remember where.

And I don't know what about that scene is funnier, Shinji seeing both of them, or the girls seeing him. I just hope it's not cold in there :rofl:

I personally like the bridge staff reaction in the next panels :chuckles:

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:59 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I personally like the bridge staff reaction in the next panels :chuckles:

Well, considering the blonde one, Satsuki IIRC, wants to get with Shinji, I'm sure she was really happy :wink:

Hikari x Toji  SPOILER: Show
Yui-sama looking fierce  SPOILER: Show

Zeruss
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Zeruss » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:11 am

It's Rei and Yui Day 2018, and with it comes a lot of Rei fanart... So here it is!!

SPOILER: Show

A special one  SPOILER: Show
I'm a lurker at heart.

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:54 am

Rei and Yui Day?

What's this cloth for again?  SPOILER: Show
Just woke up  SPOILER: Show
A present for me?  SPOILER: Show
I'm Ready  SPOILER: Show
Is this this how one cosplays?  SPOILER: Show
Kimono  SPOILER: Show
Don't fuck with Rei, it's a bad idea  SPOILER: Show
Shy Angel  SPOILER: Show
Must have been one hell of a joke  SPOILER: Show
Ice Cream  SPOILER: Show

Smile  SPOILER: Show

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:38 pm

Smile  SPOILER: Show

This is the best thing in Death & Rebirth.
"I am neither false nor fake, I am simply me." - Rei Ayanami, Episode 26, "Take care of yourself" (The Beast that Shouted "I" at the Heart of the World)

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:06 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:This is the best thing in Death & Rebirth.

Well compared to the other two, it certainly is the best.

Smile - Death and Rebirth  SPOILER: Show
Smile - NGE Ep 6  SPOILER: Show
Smile 1.11  SPOILER: Show

Bonus Smile - Manga  SPOILER: Show

hui43210
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:51 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Well compared to the other two, it certainly is the best.

My initial reaction the EP 6 version back in the day was, "OK, never do that again."
Is the 3.0 spoiler policy gone?.... Cool, then I'm nominating myself as EvaGeeks 1# Sakura Suzuhara fan/nerd.

I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:26 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:My initial reaction the EP 6 version back in the day was, "OK, never do that again."

Was this your reaction?
Ok, not such a good idea...  SPOILER: Show

Blockio
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:57 pm

This is actually one of my all-time favorite scenes, in all its iterations

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:10 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:This is actually one of my all-time favorite scenes, in all its iterations

I agree with you on that as it is the moment where you realize that Rei isn't void of emotion its more no one taught her human emotion and she doesn't realize that a smile is a form of human connection which means you can connect with others. ^_^

Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:43 am

A serious question for Shinji or Mari?  SPOILER: Show
Yellow is such a nice color  SPOILER: Show
Damn, a phonebooth? Those still exist?  SPOILER: Show

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:57 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:I agree with you on that as it is the moment where you realize that Rei isn't void of emotion its more no one taught her human emotion and she doesn't realize that a smile is a form of human connection which means you can connect with others. ^_^

OMFG, IT'S SO CUTE I CAN JUST DIE!

:rei_hissyfit:
"I am neither false nor fake, I am simply me." - Rei Ayanami, Episode 26, "Take care of yourself" (The Beast that Shouted "I" at the Heart of the World)

Blockio
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:10 am

View Original PostRei IV wrote:OMFG, IT'S SO CUTE I CAN JUST DIE!

:rei_hissyfit:

Pretty much my reaction as well.

DarkBluePhoenix wrote:
Damn, a phonebooth? Those still exist?  SPOILER: Show

I have actually seen this image as a wallscroll at my local nerd shop a while back. Cost like 150 bucks

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:04 pm

Blockio wrote:I have actually seen this image as a wallscroll at my local nerd shop a while back. Cost like 150 bucks

Is that in USD or Euro?

Awkward Encounter  SPOILER: Show
Rei & Mari  SPOILER: Show
https://i.imgur.com/Go6Mgib.jpg
Unit-01  SPOILER: Show

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”