How many people in this forum would support an Instrumentality for mankind?

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

fukuda
Embryo
User avatar
Posts: 28
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
Contact:

Re: How many people in this forum would support an Instrumentality for mankind?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby fukuda » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:59 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Meeeeeehhhhhhhh....myeah, I can see your point.

I prefer to see life as a drunken binge, one step ahead of the Russians and lawyers, wearing someone else's shoes and waving a revolver in the air.


Australians hold the key to the universe. This is a known fact. They live life to the fullest, they are among the happiest. It is not a surprise that they are also master shitposters. Perhaps there is a relation?
Could an Evangelion become Obese? - VUX

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 4202
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
Location: Behind the Door of Kukundu
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: How many people in this forum would support an Instrumentality for mankind?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:11 pm

...I thought that was alcohol related.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

fukuda
Embryo
User avatar
Posts: 28
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
Contact:

Re: How many people in this forum would support an Instrumentality for mankind?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby fukuda » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:22 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:...I thought that was alcohol related.


I meant that you can't escape existence even if you wanted to. You exist no matter what, until the God decides for things to end. That's a plus.
Could an Evangelion become Obese? - VUX

Epilogue
Embryo
Posts: 46
Joined: Mar 29, 2017
Gender: Male

Re: How many people in this forum would support an Instrumentality for mankind?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Epilogue » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:17 pm

I just personally don't understand what part of my thought process is so hard to get. This world doesn't treat us right in my mind, so the moment I get ANY chance to fuck it up(like Instrumentality), I'm gonna take it. I hate the concept of "sucking it up" or compromising to anything, which is why I suggest the underpaid workers kill either themselves or their bosses. If they can't destroy whatever is forcing them to compromise, they need to at least spite it, at any cost. None of that has ANYTHING to do with nihilism.

At the end of the day, we all do have to endure the shenanigans of living in this world. It's just that I happen to hold a grudge against this undoubtedly shitty world for being so shitty.

fukuda
Embryo
User avatar
Posts: 28
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
Contact:

Re: How many people in this forum would support an Instrumentality for mankind?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby fukuda » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:07 pm

View Original PostEpilogue wrote:I just personally don't understand what part of my thought process is so hard to get. This world doesn't treat us right in my mind, so the moment I get ANY chance to fuck it up(like Instrumentality), I'm gonna take it. I hate the concept of "sucking it up" or compromising to anything, which is why I suggest the underpaid workers kill either themselves or their bosses. If they can't destroy whatever is forcing them to compromise, they need to at least spite it, at any cost. None of that has ANYTHING to do with nihilism.

At the end of the day, we all do have to endure the shenanigans of living in this world. It's just that I happen to hold a grudge against this undoubtedly shitty world for being so shitty.


What happens when you get tired of holding the grudge? When you can no longer sustain your anger, and when you choose to just accept it? Does this just not happen? Or do people continually get mad over things they cannot change?
Could an Evangelion become Obese? - VUX

Lt Light Ark
Embryo
Posts: 47
Joined: Nov 23, 2017
Gender: Male

Re: How many people in this forum would support an Instrumentality for mankind?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Lt Light Ark » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:40 pm

View Original Postfukuda wrote:What happens when you get tired of holding the grudge? When you can no longer sustain your anger, and when you choose to just accept it? Does this just not happen? Or do people continually get mad over things they cannot change?


See me, I never stop holding that grudge, I've just decided to hold into logical conclusions instead and just continue ahead (mainly because I have a father, mother and friends to take care)

Instead I take 'will' to continue from my own grudge and anger, now when my family doesn't need me anymore? Goodbye, everyone can hold on with life that they do love so much, but I not, there's too many injustices in life that are actually needed to keep an advancing civilization (as that some will lose and others will win, that some will be the worst and others will be the best) that my own sense of justice can't accept.

Just thinking about accepting it makes me...to want to puke, also for that reason I don't pretend to have a family, make a poor kid to live in this reality? No, I cannot be that cruel (now you people can have kids and say that I am being full of shit, but remember, you think that life is good)

fukuda
Embryo
User avatar
Posts: 28
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
Contact:

Re: How many people in this forum would support an Instrumentality for mankind?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby fukuda » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:17 pm

View Original PostLt Light Ark wrote:See me, I never stop holding that grudge, I've just decided to hold into logical conclusions instead and just continue ahead (mainly because I have a father, mother and friends to take care)

Just thinking about accepting it makes me...to want to puke, also for that reason I don't pretend to have a family, make a poor kid to live in this reality? No, I cannot be that cruel (now you people can have kids and say that I am being full of shit, but remember, you think that life is good)


Contrary, I once was just like you.
So people never truly give up with madness and anger? People never ask themselves to stop getting mad?
Could an Evangelion become Obese? - VUX

Lt Light Ark
Embryo
Posts: 47
Joined: Nov 23, 2017
Gender: Male

Re: How many people in this forum would support an Instrumentality for mankind?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Lt Light Ark » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:03 pm

View Original Postfukuda wrote:Contrary, I once was just like you.
So people never truly give up with madness and anger? People never ask themselves to stop getting mad?


Asking myself to give up of that is the same to ask myself to not care about any beggar in the street, to see people losing in life or losing loved ones and simply state "Get over it, that is life for you, now that they're dead, they are less than trash, as they're not alive so stop caring about then and care about another, they are dead so they are useless and by now? They're trash."

Obviously I wouldn't say that to anyone, but that would be the equivalent of me stating that to myself and no.

There's no justice in this.
No justice for then, no justice towards those that lost.

fukuda
Embryo
User avatar
Posts: 28
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
Contact:

Re: How many people in this forum would support an Instrumentality for mankind?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby fukuda » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:44 pm

View Original PostLt Light Ark wrote:Asking myself to give up of that is the same to ask myself to not care about any beggar in the street, to see people losing in life or losing loved ones and simply state "Get over it, that is life for you, now that they're dead"


I see. Interesting.
Could an Evangelion become Obese? - VUX

Julius
Embryo
User avatar
Age: 21
Posts: 12
Joined: Jan 30, 2018
Location: Italy
Gender: Male

Re: How many people in this forum would support an Instrumentality for mankind?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Julius » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:05 pm

Right now? Yes,at least partially, so the ones who don't get entangled will observe and learn about this phenomenon.

An "Instrumental" Instrumentality, so to speak..

Asuka'sBigBrother
Shamshel
Shamshel
User avatar
Age: 17
Posts: 289
Joined: Oct 20, 2017
Location: Nueva Yorke
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: How many people in this forum would support an Instrumentality for mankind?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Asuka'sBigBrother » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:05 am

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:^
With all due respect, that ancient Chinese proverb is a crock of shit.

I mean, the ratio is already off, because I can objectively say that, as miserable as I am at times, my life is pretty damned good in the grand scheme of things. The majority of human beings can objectively look at their lives and say, "There is more that makes me happy than not." If you can make it through the day with a paycheck, at least two meals, and a little time to play on the Internet or read a book, that's a great day.

You have stats on that? Because the majority of people don't live in the relatively comfortable positions I'm willing to bet virtually all forumers here are living in.


Not that this would be a justification for instrumentality...
Just a big bro looking out for sistah

Mess with this crew, and I'll give you a blister

Lt Light Ark
Embryo
Posts: 47
Joined: Nov 23, 2017
Gender: Male

Re: How many people in this forum would support an Instrumentality for mankind?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Lt Light Ark » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:28 pm

View Original PostAsuka'sBigBrother wrote:You have stats on that? Because the majority of people don't live in the relatively comfortable positions I'm willing to bet virtually all forumers here are living in.


Not that this would be a justification for instrumentality...


Vannila Instrumentality no, but one where people can choose if they want to go in or not? Yes.


Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests