you can (not)miss out, Australian screenings by madman

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

you can (not)miss out, Australian screenings by madman

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:47 pm

For those interested madman are screening the films in major cinema's across the country. https://www.madman.com.au/news/tickets- ... australia/
Writer and Lead animator of Cold Heart
webpage

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: you can (not)miss out, Australian screenings by madman

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:41 pm

Sweet, thanks for the heads up mate :)
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:53 pm

When I've read that Rebuild 'll be shown again in cinemas, I was surprised, because July 20th is my birthday and that's also right after EoE's 20th Anniversary on July 19th and I've already planned to watch Eva again around that time. Though I'm wondering why would Madman advertise Rebuild again even if they've already released Rebuild on DVD and Blu-Ray. Is it just to make money? Or do they want to find new viewers to have their attention on Eva so to prepare them for 3.0+1.0? This must mean something importaint, or what do you think of that?
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:26 pm

View Original PostThe Cruel wrote:Or do they want to find new viewers to have their attention on Eva so to prepare them for 3.0+1.0? This must mean something importaint, or what do you think of that?

Maybe they have analyzed their sales trends and noticed that Evangelion is "hot" right now and decided to capitalize on it.
I don't think it's a decision directly influenced by 3.0+1.0, simply because I think that not even Anno is sure of when the movie will come out. They have internal deadlines but it don't mean they can miss them, and they are confidential.

The Cruel
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby The Cruel » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:39 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Maybe they have analyzed their sales trends and noticed that Evangelion is "hot" right now and decided to capitalize on it.
I don't think it's a decision directly influenced by 3.0+1.0, simply because I think that not even Anno is sure of when the movie will come out. They have internal deadlines but it don't mean they can miss them, and they are confidential.

Just as I thought. At least I can celebrate my birthday with Eva again.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:30 pm

Think there has been a push for it for a while. Given super Nova has just been and the presence they had there its probably got something to do with it
Writer and Lead animator of Cold Heart
webpage

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”