Max Payne 1, what memories do you keep?

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

The Flying Fortress
Adam

Max Payne 1, what memories do you keep?

•      
  •      

Postby The Flying Fortress » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:22 pm

It's been 7 years since I have a Playstation 2 and this is one of the most memorable games I've played, and it has no graphics that live up to the potency of the console, but I find the plot so incredible and addictive, the narrative, the Story told in comics style, this atmosphere of suspense lived every second that I put in the role of Max Payne, perhaps for me it is an underrated masterpiece in the games world, in compensation its sequences not a little disgusted, never played them, But just seeing some gameplays I feel disappointed as if they lost so much of the first game.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Re: Max Payne 1, what memories do you keep?

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:40 am

Max Payne 1 and 2 were blessed with a fantastic development team, the big guy, Sam Lake, who wrote the story was greatly influenced by David Lynch, much of the first two games reference Twin Peaks in some form too. I don't really consider video games to be art, but I have to say, Max Payne 1 has a very strong story with great execution of elements like its comedy, it makes full use of its platform in a rather innovative way. The whole comic strip cinematic hasn't really been exploited much in other video games and was downright abandoned in what was probably a catestrophic decision to not do them in Max Payne 3, it strips the game of a crucial element, in exchange we're given a very bloated (30 gigabyte download for a game you'll have finished in a day) video game by a triple A dev.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Re: Max Payne 1, what memories do you keep?

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:55 pm

I feel like there's room for some Alan Wake in here too.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”