What happens after End of Evangelion?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

What happens after End of Evangelion?

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:18 am

Ever since I first saw The End of Evangelion, I've been wondering, what happens to Shinji and Asuka afterwards? Or, perhaps a better question is, what do you think happened to them?

Personally, I'm not sure... it doesn't look like there's anything growing on Earth after Third Impact, so logically, I would say that they starved to death sooner or later. Unless the Evas and giant Rei head were edible.

But the idea of them starving to death doesn't sit well with me. It's strange. It seems so obviously true, but I don't want to accept it.

But what do you think happened to them? And do you think anyone else regained their individuality?
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

Re: What happens after End of Evangelion?

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:53 am

I think that the ending is entirely up to the viewer.
As it had been stated before, Evangelion is like puzzle, as it encourages us to think and to figure out things for ourselves.

As for what happens to Shinji and Asuka afterwards, that is up for viewers to decide; which is why there are sooo many post Third Impact/ after EoE fanfics. Some of which may be a believable possibility for what could happen next. Shinji and Asuka could find some way to build a better future, and people would come back from the sea of LCL as You had stated. Or they could still be the same as ever; Shinji​ could still be whinny and blames himself for what happened and Asuka could still be this bratty person (for lack of better words), and they would still be at each other's throats in their endless conflicts of inner struggles. Or they could finally find ways to own up to their actions and make amends for how they treated each other, but most people don't see that happening anytime soon, or ever, in actuality.

To move on to their future, they first need to get their shit together and work on surviving. I know Shinji had learned something from Instrumentality, but I'm not sure about Asuka though; she might not learn anything at all, and will continue to be a bitch to Shinji for all we know, and Shinji would decide that he's had enough of her shit and finish what he started in that kitchen scene(I don't know, just one of those possibilities). And by luck, people will start to return, and rebuild their world.

If everyone has learned something from their trip to Instrumentality, then they will find ways to create a better future.

To sum it all up, it's for the viewer to decide, wether it be good or bad.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:18 pm

We had this thread a while ago. I lowered the tone a bit

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Weird-ass scenario: The two returnees are in perfected bodies maintained by willpower. What we see at the end repeats every day until their animating wills are broken, and two red dots remain locked in mutual hatred, until long after the sun has gone out etc.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:14 pm

It sounds so hopeful :lol:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”