Evangelion Cosplay

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:22 pm

View Original PostGrand Duke of Yashima wrote:How's a little Mari for your morning.

SPOILER: Show

If I was Asuka, I think that would penetrate right to my dere-dere core. :love:

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:24 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:If I was Asuka, I think that would penetrate right to my dere-dere core. :love:

Oh, please. Yandere's where it's at. :devil:

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:34 pm

^Will never get off until he dies
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Ninkie
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ninkie » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:32 pm

I'm new on this forum and thought it might be nice to show the Asuka plugsuit I recently completed. It was made from wire, wood (the...button-screw...things), fiberglass and bondo, reflective tape, elastic, vinyl and lyrca (though I didn't make the shoes). I'm really proud of it but there's lots more to be done!
I hope you guys like it; any feedback is welcome.
There's also a shot with my roommate as Misato.

You can see the reflective tape well in this one :D Although I do not know the Stormtrooper next to me. I imagine people paired us together because of the whole red-shiny theme...:
[/spoiler]
Dance like you want to win!

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ssguy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:20 pm

[quote="Ninkie#609645"]I'm new on this forum and thought it might be nice to show the Asuka plugsuit I recently completed. It was made from wire, wood (the...button-screw...things), fiberglass and bondo, reflective tape, elastic, vinyl and lyrca (though I didn't make the shoes). I'm really proud of it but there's lots more to be done!
I hope you guys like it; any feedback is welcome.
There's also a shot with my roommate as Misato.

I like it, but the first pic clearly shows that some work needs to be done on the shoulder pads. They look like they're resting on top of the costume instead of being completely attached to it. It's the only real stand out issue I could find.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:11 am

Not bad, not bad at all. :clap:
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Ninkie
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ninkie » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:15 pm

I really appreciate the comments guys, especially the critique from you, ssguy. You are entirely right; that's my first area of adjustment to come. I might not have NERV's budget, I'll make up for it however I can :asuka_thumbsup:. I agree with the initial posts on this thread that Eva cosplay is always a little...clownish. I'm hoping to mesh real human proportion with the fantasy Sadamoto has created. That, after all, is the beauty of cosplay. 3D meeting 2D...it's really quite beautiful, if you think about it.
Dance like you want to win!

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:39 am

This is probably the only time I will ever say that a cosplayer actually does not put the character they're portraying to shame

paperchild
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby paperchild » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:12 am

Hey! I've lurked on this community for a while but just stopped being lazy to make an account. Anyway I am currently working on Kaworu's plugsuit for Otakon where I will have a small group from 3.0... This pic is before I started adding the black pieces so now it looks pretty different, but here you go...

[/spoiler]

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Curiously, although the frame/structure of the face is different from (what i think is) Kaworu's in the anime, it does feel like it fits the character perfectly, along with the eye contacts and haircut. Nice cosplay.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

purplepolecat
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby purplepolecat » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:43 pm

Me as Gendo at SakuraCon 2013, with various other Eva cosplayers.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:45 pm

View Original Postpurplepolecat wrote:Me as Gendo at SakuraCon 2013, with various other Eva cosplayers.

This is golden.