The Official Ace Combat Thread

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

DarkBluePhoenix
Bardiel
Bardiel

The Official Ace Combat Thread

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed May 17, 2017 8:56 am

With the release of Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown coming soon to consoles, this seems like an appropriate thread to set up.

The game is set to be VR ready, and from the trailer looks like it'll be the best game in the series yet.

So, topics of discussion like favorite game, favorite superfighter, favorite superweapon, and favorite superfortress (among so many other topics) are always good to see, as is any love for this high octane, adrenaline fueled series of war in the skies.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

MuscleRobo
Tunniel

Re: The Official Ace Combat Thread

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Wed May 17, 2017 9:22 am

I've been meaning to get into this series for such a long time. I even have a signed copy of Ace Combat 4. Signed by my favorite doujinshi artist though because it's his favorite video game. Yeah I know this is weird. My roommate really only likes Ace Combat 3 and she's played it multiple times to get all the endings but despite my love of sci fi series and even sci fi planes like the Yukikaze novels I wanted to try one of the more realistic games!

big papi classic
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby big papi classic » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:21 am

The AC trinity on PS2 is probably the best trio of games of all time. The only others that come close are the Metroid Prime games, but even then MP2 and MP3 don't come close to the first.

Gus Hanson
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:24 pm

My favorite of the series to this day is AC4: Shattered Skies. I never finished it because every time I played it, I would always get stuck crashing down on the sixth level and I didn't even know until I watched a Walkthrough video on YouTube that there's a fleet in the sea that you have to take out first before going to the dock and getting locked on so many times I couldn't keep count. Still, I loved the planes and the narrative of the little boy who lost his parents to the war and then as far as I know, starts getting close to the Ace pilot who did the deed.
Gundam Wing is the N-Sync of mecha anime. - NemZ

The Eva Monkey
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:26 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:My favorite of the series to this day is AC4: Shattered Skies.

Having played 4, 5, 0, and 6, Ace Combat 4 continues to be my favorite. I loved playing as Mobius 1.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”