Talking about guns in Evangelion

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Blockio
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: Talking about guns in Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:13 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Unit 08's handguns seem like fairly normal guns scaled up to giant size and they're able to blow the head clean off an Eva in a couple shots. But then you have that sniper rifle which looks like it has a traffic light mounted on the end of the barrel.

Thats just a muzzle brake. There are quite a number of real sniper rifles that have it as well - it just means that the gun packs a significant punch
SPOILER: Show

This one actually looks somewhat similar to the one on the Q sniper rifle:

And if you look at some tank muzzle brakes, the design doesnt seem all that unreasonable anymore
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)

What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu

BlueBasilisk
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:55 am

Huh, neat! I've never seen a gun with one of those before. The more you know!
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Blockio
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:47 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Huh, neat! I've never seen a gun with one of those before. The more you know!

Well, they are kinda rare... only there when they are really needed, so I can see where the confusion is coming from. And on tanks they are no longer in use since a few decades, because modern ammo is fin-stabilized, and said fins would get caught in the brake and rip apart both the barrel and the projectile
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)

What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”