Best Pair

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Snow
Lilith

Best Pair

•      
  •      

Postby Snow » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:52 pm

I would be interested in knowing your own possible favourite pairings in the show. It doesn't matter if it is canon (such as Kaji and Katsuragi) or completely hypothetical (Go for Suzuhara and Soryu,as an example)

My personal favourite is the potential Suzuhara-Hikari pairing.
Fuyutsuki did nothing wrong.

Joseki
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Re: Best Pair

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:28 pm

If I had to choose a totally impossible pair I's say Mari x Kaworu, I think they could be a comical couple funny enough for a slice of life spin off. They also looks cute together :nod:

SPOILER: Show

Obviously my real favorite pair is Asuka x Shinji. I find their "love and hate" interaction really interesting in every universe. They always get really close, much more than any other character has been before and then inevitably they harshly drift apart. However, no matter how distant they may end up they always get closer again. It reminds me of a sick relationship I had sometime ago.
「希望は残っているよ。どんな時にもね」

29/07/2017

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:31 pm

I'm going to hold off linking all the previous related threads, and say Asuka/Kaworu as a brief and tragic whirlwind.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|G+|MAL

Snow
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Snow » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:39 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I'm going to hold off linking all the previous related threads, and say Asuka/Kaworu as a brief and tragic whirlwind.

This is the first time i've heard of such possibility. Although they have some common points..

Rei IV
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:50 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I'm going to hold off linking all the previous related threads, and say Asuka/Kaworu as a brief and tragic whirlwind.

Any of the kids paired with Kaworu would fuck them up real bad and end in tragedy. Even Rei 'cuz she'd be killing her other half and sorta/kinda sibling. Yeah, now I can totally understand why some people are put off by the KawoShin or KawoAnybody pairing (even though kinda/sorta like it) and Kaworu.

My favorite pairing is Unit-01 x Zeruel. Shougouki-san has never gotten that intimate with an angel till episode 19.

:yui_grin:
"Books? If I were Ayanami Rei, would I read books?"

RadicalRandy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RadicalRandy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:30 pm

I too, throw in my vote for Unit 01/Shogoki-san x Zeruel-kun. Truly a blossoming relationship that harvested much potential, ending in tragic, Shakespearean finale.
"Thunder Cross Split Attack!" - Dire
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Shmango Fett

https://www.fanfiction.net/~misterradical

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:58 pm

Ritsuko.

Misato's are overrated.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:02 pm

^Well played Chuckman. Well played.

Rei IV
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:03 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Ritsuko.

Misato's are overrated.

I believe the topic is Best Pair, not Best Girl.....That is unless you think Gendo and Ritz make the best pair.

:tongue:

Bagheera
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:46 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Ritsuko.

Misato's are overrated.

Bite your tongue, fool.

As to the OP, I love the idea of Mari/Kaworu. Mari would be completely immune to Kaworu's "I am an Angel here to CRUSH YOUR SOUL" bullshit, and seeing him taken completely off-balance like that would be delightful.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

silvermoonlight
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:09 am

View Original PostRei IV wrote:Any of the kids paired with Kaworu would fuck them up real bad and end in tragedy. Even Rei 'cuz she'd be killing her other half and sorta/kinda sibling. Yeah, now I can totally understand why some people are put off by the KawoShin or KawoAnybody pairing (even though kinda/sorta like it) and Kaworu.

My favorite pairing is Unit-01 x Zeruel. Shougouki-san has never gotten that intimate with an angel till episode 19.

:yui_grin:

Yeah but whose not to say that in some universes Kaworu might turn against and betray Seele for someone he cares about or like Rei be could even be born human and have no link to Seele at all. In my view there's hope for every pairing out there because I imagine that the multiverse could be vast and wide and not all of them having Seele in control or be completely over thrown, the series, manga and rebuild are just one version of events playing out so any things possible.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Snow
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Snow » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:12 am

View Original PostRei IV wrote:I believe the topic is Best Pair, not Best Girl.....That is unless you think Gendo and Ritz make the best pair.

I don't think that is a very common opinion.

xanderkh
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby xanderkh » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:18 pm

It's pretty obvious what my stance is. XD

However, I'm willing to explore other pairing options, like "Wreckage" showed. :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Snow
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Snow » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:07 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:It's pretty obvious what my stance is. XD

However, I'm willing to explore other pairing options, like "Wreckage" showed. :)

Well that certainly was unexpected. You could say Akagi learned something from Katsuragi...

Gendo'sPapa
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:54 pm

Maya Ibuki & Sakura Suzuhara.

It writes itself.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:32 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:I believe the topic is Best Pair, not Best Girl.....That is unless you think Gendo and Ritz make the best pair.

He was either referring to a pair of Ritsukos, or Rituko's pair.

I'm more interested in Ritsuko's pear, but I sorta wince at the idea of Ritsuko's pare.

Rei IV
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:10 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:He was either referring to a pair of Ritsukos, or Rituko's pair.

I'm more interested in Ritsuko's pear, but I sorta wince at the idea of Ritsuko's pare.

:lol: Yeah, I finally now understood what Chuck meant. Misato still has the better pair though. That. Is. A. Fact.

C.T.1290
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:49 pm

I'd probably go with ShinjiXAsuka, for some obvious reason.
It's just too bad that thier relationship had been practically wrecked by thier problems and insecurities. Because of what happened to them in the show, the relationship between these two seems hopeless (even more so in Rebuild).
But I guess one could hope though.
"Who dares summon the master of masters, the deliverer of darkness, the Shogun of sorrow, Aku!?"-Aku

"KONO DIO DA!"-Dio

Fyrstorm
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:17 am

I, for one, am firmly onboard the AsuMari express. I'm fairly accepting of most of the other ships (and will, in fact, support them), but this one always comes out on top for me. It just... really works. The dynamic, the teamwork, the bits of back-and-forth banter canon's given... And now, because I know I'd otherwise ramble on and on about it, I'll cut myself off here.
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

RadicalRandy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RadicalRandy » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:24 am

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:The dynamic, the teamwork, the bits of back-and-forth banter canon's given...

... eh?

They only interacted in 3.0, and their banter screamed to me that they were something like two cops; a good and a bad one forced to work with each other although they eventually had to get used to it and ended up just working well together in the workforce.

Mari picks on Asuka, almost reminiscent of an older sibling i.e. telling her that she just wanted to see "puppy-boy" again, bailing on her in the opening scene, etc.

Asuka calls her names, although they aren't something so much of a pet-name like "Stupid Shinji" but rather something like "Four-Eyed Crony" (in the dub, at least). I feel as if the distinction is important, as well as how she acts as Mari's superior.

I'm not saying that they don't work well together, it's just that I can't imagine them in a proper romantic context, but rather something like roommates.
"Thunder Cross Split Attack!" - Dire
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Shmango Fett

https://www.fanfiction.net/~misterradical

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”