Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Asuka'sBigBrother
Banned

Re: Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka'sBigBrother » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:59 am

Why are there still peeps shipping Shinji and his mom?
Just a big bro looking out for sistah

Mess with this crew, and I'll give you a blister

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:23 am

View Original PostAsuka'sBigBrother wrote:Why are there still peeps shipping Shinji and his mom?
I don't see a lot of Shiji/Yui around. Do you?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:26 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I don't see a lot of Shiji/Yui around. Do you?

Unless he's refering to Rei.

:hahaha:

ACGT-Samael
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ACGT-Samael » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:57 am

Does anyone practice any form of cross-canon self shipping (ie Asuka Soryu x Asuka Shikinami)? Seems like it could make for some interesting angles, if cracktastic.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:53 pm

View Original PostAsuka'sBigBrother wrote:Why are there still peeps shipping Shinji and his mom?

Probably for the same reason people ship literally everyone with literally everyone else
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:15 am

View Original PostACGT-Samael wrote:Does anyone practice any form of cross-canon self shipping (ie Asuka Soryu x Asuka Shikinami)? Seems like it could make for some interesting angles, if cracktastic.

In the decade since Shikinami was established, I'm amazed that no fanfic writers have ever attempted having Soryu/Shikinami interact and/or show up in each other's universes. To my knowledge, that concept hasn't appeared in a single decent fanfic.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:39 am

Guy Nacks wrote:In the decade since Shikinami was established, I'm amazed that no fanfic writers have ever attempted having Soryu/Shikinami interact and/or show up in each other's universes. To my knowledge, that concept hasn't appeared in a single decent fanfic.

That would be one hell of an interesting fic to read. I'd imagine it would be like the movies The Parent Trap, and Face Off being combined in some convoluted, yet hilarious fashion. It would only be made even funnier if Shinji where to be fought over as some sort of prize, and of course for him to be the only person to constantly confuse one for the other.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:45 am

View Original PostACGT-Samael wrote:Does anyone practice any form of cross-canon self shipping (ie Asuka Soryu x Asuka Shikinami)? Seems like it could make for some interesting angles, if cracktastic.

Guy Nacks wrote:In the decade since Shikinami was established, I'm amazed that no fanfic writers have ever attempted having Soryu/Shikinami interact and/or show up in each other's universes. To my knowledge, that concept hasn't appeared in a single decent fanfic.

DarkBluePhoenix wrote:That would be one hell of an interesting fic to read. I'd imagine it would be like the movies The Parent Trap, and Face Off being combined in some convoluted, yet hilarious fashion. It would only be made even funnier if Shinji where to be fought over as some sort of prize, and of course for him to be the only person to constantly confuse one for the other.

It has been done in fanart before. Would be interesting to see it in fanfic, tho.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:29 am

^^^ There was one somewhere over on FFN, but the title escapes me at the moment. Sadly, it's been at least a few years since any update. So...yeah, it's a dead end. Shame that, it was actually kinda funny (and things were not going well for Shinji...not that that's hard to imagine).

Also, while we're on the subject: Asuka NGE x Asuka NME? Yeah, I'd ship it all around the high seas.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:32 am

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:Also, while we're on the subject: Asuka NGE x Asuka NME? Yeah, I'd ship it all around the high seas.

Huh, that might be interesting... also, I feel sorry for anyone getting withing a proximity of 10 meters of them

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:01 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Huh, that might be interesting... also, I feel sorry for anyone getting withing a proximity of 10 meters of them

10 meters is an interesting choice of measurement. IS that because its withing Asuka's throwing distance?
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

ACGT-Samael
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ACGT-Samael » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:13 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:10 meters is an interesting choice of measurement. IS that because its withing Asuka's throwing distance?

I'm gonna assume he meant 100 metres and forgot a 0, since that would place you outside their line of sight.

On the same train of thought, imagine NGE Kaji meeting Misato as of 3.33. Age aside, the changes in personality would seem staggering to him. The same could be true in reverse for Asuka Soryu and 2.22 Shinji.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:21 am

View Original PostACGT-Samael wrote:I'm gonna assume he meant 100 metres and forgot a 0, since that would place you outside their line of sight.

Still seems too close to the fallout from their inevitably violent encounter.

ACGT-Samael
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ACGT-Samael » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:00 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Still seems too close to the fallout from their inevitably violent encounter.

Just be grateful neighbouring of them is Adam. When it got angry 1000 KILOMETRES wasn't far enough.

Which reminds me... seeing as the Angels are human, why leave them out of shipping. Admit it, Rei x Sachiel has some appeal.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:56 pm

View Original PostACGT-Samael wrote:Which reminds me... seeing as the Angels are human, why leave them out of shipping. Admit it, Rei x Sachiel has some appeal.

Ive seen Sachiel being reimagined as Rei (or is it the other way around...? Whatever, Sachiel-XX), which was kinda cute, but I have not seen anyone actually ship them xD

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:01 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Ive seen Sachiel being reimagined as Rei (or is it the other way around...? Whatever, Sachiel-XX), which was kinda cute, but I have not seen anyone actually ship them xD

Well, as long as no one ships Rei and Ramiel, cause that wouldn't work too well, and let's not even mention Armisael, cause that would also get awkward and tentacle-y.

ACGT-Samael
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ACGT-Samael » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:34 pm

I mean Arael x Asuka is technically canon so I don't see a problem with Armisael x Rei.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:18 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Well, as long as no one ships Rei and Ramiel, cause that wouldn't work too well, and let's not even mention Armisael, cause that would also get awkward and tentacle-y.

I have actually seen somebody do just that. It was around the time where I kinda stopped caring whopeople ship with whom

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:49 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I have actually seen somebody do just that. It was around the time where I kinda stopped caring whopeople ship with whom

One the other or both?

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:08 pm

^ I'm sure it's been done with most of the Angels/humans by this point. The internet is a wide and weird place, after all...and some folks seem to think that Rule 34 is some kind of commandment or something, like 'if it can be done, it will be done'.

View Original PostACGT-Samael wrote:I mean Arael x Asuka is technically canon so I don't see a problem with Armisael x Rei.

Well, except for that whole business with neither of those being consensual activities... :tongue:
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”