Strange Seele logo and Spectrum Emission Analysis

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
BlackKnight
Embryo

Strange Seele logo and Spectrum Emission Analysis

•      
  •      

Postby BlackKnight » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:12 pm

I was watching Evangelion episode 23 yesterday and I noticed something I hadn't before. At approximately 19 minutes 50 seconds, there is an odd looking Seele logo at the bottom of the screen. The patterns reminded me of a spectrum graph. So I recreated the logo by tracing it. Next, I removed the triangle. Then I superimposed the patterns over a diagram of the visible spectrum and stretched them to fit the width of the diagram. These patterns don't mean much to me, but I was wondering if anyone here had any thoughts on this.
Last edited by BlackKnight on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Strange Seele logo and Spectrum Emission Analysis

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:25 pm

I'd assumed that the bars represented chromosome ideograms, given the nature of the work at the "Artificial Evolution Laboratory".
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:55 pm

The two come together at one point

Otherwise the bands are too wide to represent absorption spectra, and too irregular in size to be any sort of simple bar code -- they're not even like the possible signal in the binary soup here

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

DawkingsDD
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DawkingsDD » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:34 pm

You really may be on to something, alternative images of the seele logo have the spectrum colors inside as well Image
Each of the 7 eyes seems to have all a distinctly different pattern, my assumption is it somehow represents each of the 7 chairmen of Seele uniquely .

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:00 am

But there aren't seven Seele chairmen... The committee has five members. (Six if you count Gendo.) The inner circle of Seele has 12 members.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Eraclito999
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Eraclito999 » Tue May 30, 2023 1:54 pm

i'm a molecular biologist, they represents exons and introns, genes are drawn like this. with each block meaning a piece of dna code. in splicing blocks rearranges to give different products from a single transcript. you can see also the 4 amino bases that constitutes the dna A C G T. in sequencing this bases are obtained scanning dna molecules by various means. NGS are the most advanced sequencing systems to scan dna.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue May 30, 2023 4:47 pm

Now that's a good thread necro if I've ever seen one. Thanks for your insight! Always good to see a professional shedding some light on obscure topics.
As a followup, does the sequence in particular mean anything to you? Is there some hidden lore hint in here, or is this just generic noise/a lorem ipsum type of thing
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”