how did Seele find the dead sea scrolls?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Ozz
Embryo

how did Seele find the dead sea scrolls?

•      
  •      

Postby Ozz » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:14 am

I honestly don't have an opinion for this but can anybody share anything? theories etc.
"Humans forget their foolishness and repeat their mistakes. If humans do not redeem themselves willingly, they will not change.” - Seele

- Ozz

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: how did Seele find the dead sea scrolls?

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:34 am

I remember having a moderately fruitful discussion where I came to what I thought was the quite intelligent conclusion that, if they were millions of years old how could they have been written on parchment? It must have composed on a more durable material an re-transcribed to be discovered in West Bank along with the other Dead Sea Scrolls in the 1940s-50s.
post/721922/Concerning-Shinji-and-The-Dead-Sea-Scrolls

Unfortunately, that's just explicitly stated in the Classified Information ^_^ :
D. In-Depth Information

The First Ancestral Race recorded a manual or implementation plan regarding the use of the Seed of Life (Progenitor Entity) and Spear of Longinus security device. This was in turn transcribed by a religious group and adapted to fit their own doctrines, and the Secret Dead Sea Scrolls were the result. They are a book of prophecy, in that even now they continue to operate in accordance with the historical written plan.

Until then, Seele had only fragmentary knowledge of the scrolls' contents and existence, but they had never imagined that the scrolls might actually exist, contain meaningful prophecies, and turn up in near-perfect condition. They were sent to headquarters promptly, upon which the actual truth was skewed and immediately covered up. The parts of little consequence, later released to the public, were called the Dead Sea Scrolls, whereas what Seele made off with were dubbed the Secret Dead Sea Scrolls.

There are still a couple of other artifacts to play around with:
1. The last cut in the OP is a picture described by the storyboard as: "Enigmatic characters (angelic script), a closeup of a page from the Dead Sea Scrolls possessed by Seele."
2. However, when talking about the Dead Sea Scrolls the manga cuts to a picture of what looks to me like a stone tablet.
post/721922/Concerning-Shinji-and-The-Dead-Sea-Scrolls/#721922

So I recourse to my fan theory about which language they were written in. Humans still can't understand Minoan Linear B and tons of other languages let alone alien nonsense. So I say they're written - one a stone tablet millions of years ago - in the Alien equivalent of the Adamic tongue, the rebuild glyphs which is a psychic alphabet immediately understandable to any who see it in all races across the universe.
"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:38 am

I always assumed they found them in the same place they did IRL, the Qumran Caves in the Judaean Desert of the West Bank.Just sooner than the the actual discoveries in between 1946 and 2017. Just instead of preserving them, they use them for world domination and such.

New 12th cave found
Qumran Caves
Dead Sea Scrolls
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:32 am

^ "The parts of little consequence, later released to the public, were called the Dead Sea Scrolls, whereas what Seele made off with were dubbed the Secret Dead Sea Scrolls. "
"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:43 am

SoryuUberAlles wrote:^ "The parts of little consequence, later released to the public, were called the Dead Sea Scrolls, whereas what Seele made off with were dubbed the Secret Dead Sea Scrolls. "

Now that makes the theory make even more sense now.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”