Other Lifeforms possibly derived from Lilith

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
CarlosIXA
Embryo

Other Lifeforms possibly derived from Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby CarlosIXA » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:19 am

In the series and EOE (some details are muddied in Rebuild, but are generally similar), we are told that the Angels are direct descendants of Adam, the First Angel, and that Humanity, or the Lilin, is a descendant of Lilith. I have a question, however. Adam is capable of creating a multitude of distinct lifeforms, but seemingly, Lilith was only capable of creating Humanity. However, the Lilin isn't the only lifeform inhabiting the planet before the Angels are discovered and subsequently awaken. There's entire family trees for different kinds of living organisms on this planet, from the fungi, the animals, plants, etc, etc, etc. Yet we are only told that Humanity sprang from Lilith. What does that say for every other species that shares the planet with Humanity?

Were they the native races before Humanity came down with Lilith? Did humanity's arrival have a significant effect on the progression of lifeforms on Earth? Was there intermingling when the primordial soup in which life first came, thus why, when unaware of our ancestral roots, we can link ourselves with most, if not all life on the planet? Is it simply just something that doesn't need to be stated?

Is it like with Adam, where each species, at one time or another, were possible forms of life that could of inhabited the planet by themselves? I mean, we never really see a planet with an Adam-dominant species in control. Would it have worked out like it did for any Lilith-based lifeforms, or how it worked out on Earth? Can every other species that co-exist with humanity be also classified as Angels? I mean, we have millions upon millions of species residing on the planet, so the numbering system would be screwed.

Do these lifeforms have AT Fields of their own, or, because of exclusivity, only products created by the First Ancestral Race are bound by those kinds of physics? Are the Angels and Humanity the only lifeforms with AT Fields? Could the rest of the lifeforms native to Earth be unaffected by Instrumentality? There could potentially be a corgi or a pet cat somewhere, looking up at Giant Rei collecting the souls of mankind, then nonchalantly wondering when their owner will feed it that day. Some shark, dolphin or a school of fish confused by the fact that the water is colored red now. PenPen could still be at the apartment, wondering when Misato, Shinji, and Asuka will show up, reading a newspaper in his little cooler to kill time while Giant Rei falls apart right outside.

This was a spontaneous thought I had a few hours ago.
Evolved Genesis Arvongelion - go here

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Other Lifeforms possibly derived from Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:22 pm

Lilith created all familiar life on the planet. It's just that only Lilin matter as expressions of Humanity.

Additionally, all of Adam's Angels are, basically, the same species. It's just that their species has "Can be whatever they want" as a racial trait.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:38 pm

In addition to what Aura said:

- All organisms possess an A.T. Field. This is implied in episode 21' and stated outright in episode 26'.
- The Classified Information includes the bit, "[Lilith] bore life such as apes and dolphins, and, as the final form, Lilin — that is, humankind." This seems to be playing up to the sci-fi trope as the humanoid form as the "optimal" evolutionary path for intelligent life. In terms of NGE's metaphysics, we might surmise that only a humanoid form is capable of housing the souls of the First Ancestral Race, thus a suitable organism had to evolve on Earth before the souls in Lilith's Chamber of Guf could be resurrected. Recall that the Angels' intrinsic form is humanoid, as well, and they also harbor resurrected FAR within them.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:45 pm

Basically create biosphere, then passively guide evolution to desired results.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”