NGE Age Swap Fic

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

NGE Age Swap Fic

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:50 pm

Read a few of these before, but never really liked the execution. So I thought why not work on my own mediocre rendition?

This is mostly a space to dump ideas, scenes and maybe spark some discussion.

So here's some basic, bullet-point style notes on the characters. Most of these are pretty obvious reversals. Other things need to be elaborated on:

-Yui Ikari [Deputy Commander of NERV]
-Gendo Ikari (Deceased)
-(Akira) Katsuragi [Commander of NERV]
-Sento Katsuragi (Deceased)
-Fujitaka Kaji (Deceased)
-Mayu Kaji (Deceased)
-Kozo Fuyutsuki [Head of Project E]
-Naoko Akagi (Deceased)
-Hidenori (Inazuma) [Member of the Japanese Cabinet]
-Alan Langley Sohryu [U.S. Navy Captain]
-Kyoko Zeppelin Sohryu (Deceased)

[Yui Ikari - 42]

-Was nearly blinded when Adam, the Angel of Light, awoke while she was escaping Second Impact aboard the U.S. Carrier Over the Rainbow. Wears a visor that supplements eyesight.

-Kaworu Nagisa is her Aide.

-Has become withdrawn since Gendo's death. Dotes on her son in private. Will be harsh and commanding whenever on duty at Headquarters.

-Yui and Kaworu, against the wishes of SEELE and Akira, have found a way to keep the Angels from falling to extinction.

[Akira Katsuragi – 46]

-Has tried many times to reconstitute his wife Sento from Unit-01's core.

-When Gendo died during Second Impact, responsibility for the Evangelion Program fell to him.

-Tries, through Third Impact, to bring back Sento the way he wants her, not as the way she was. Always unable to admit that he was unhappy with her and that he was never able to take care of his daughter, because he did not know how to connect with her. (He keeps trying to exist where he thought he was comfortable, too afraid to move forward and adapt.)

-Misato is a constant, painful reminder that he was a weak man and that he was not able to keep their family together, even before Second Impact. When they meet again, she has come to look so much like her mother that he is further compelled to keep her at a distance.

-Finds out later that Lilith's souls resides in Rei.

[Rei Ayanami - 29]

-In charge of Harmonics Department of E Division

-Was born when Yui first made physical contact with Lilith. Accelerated aging in Lilin form accounts for age.

-Was dragged off to University with Shinji.

-Intimately familiar with how Evangelions work.

-(Housing Lilith's soul) she is apart of Yui's Preservation plan.

[Kaworu Nagisa - 29]

-Houses Adam's soul. Born when Adam was first discovered.

-Hinted that he might have his own agenda.

[Shinji Ikari - 29]

-Director of Operations

-Shinji has trained with the Special Operations Group and worked with a narcotics squad

-Shinji is very close with his mother, but they bicker more often than not.

-Possesses the rank of Captain, but wears his old Lieutenant’s jacket instead. (He does not like possessing responsibility)

-Cannot stand working under his mother.

-Depict as being immature, snarky and condescending

[Misato Katsuragi – 14] [Unit-01]

-Her mother, Sento, died in the contact experiment with Unit-01.

-At 4 years old, she is sent to stay with her Aunt and Uncle shortly after.

-Due to Unit-02's completion falling behind schedule, and Ritsuko being injured in a failed contact experiment with Unit-01, Misato is sent for to pilot Unit-01.

-Hotheaded, boisterous, expressive.

[Asuka Langley Sohryu - 28]

-Asuka has been working with NERV's Germany branch to uplink their Magi supercomputers, but is also the UNs embedded Special Rapporteur.

-(espionage sub-plot with Japanese Government)

-Spent a handful of moments with Shinji at 15, before meeting him again in college and briefly dating him.

-Became good friends with Rei.

[Kozo Fuyutsuki - 59]

-Gendo and Akira, under his tutelage, had a friendly rivalry.

-Finished Kyoko’s theorems for the Magi, using her for the templates.

[Ritsuko Akagi - 15] [Unit-00]

-Her mother attempted a different method of contact with the Eva, on which most of E Division disagreed on.

-She struggles to live up to her father's expectations of her, but because of the fractured elements of her mother's soul that reside in the Evangelion, she has difficulty forming a strong synchronization rate.

-Intelligent, dedicated, stoic, detached.

[Ryouji Kaji – 15] [Unit-02]

-Unit-02 was produced in Germany, but the Unit's final assembly took place in Matsushiro.

-Teases Misato and Ritsuko relentlessly, to hide his real feelings.

-Has a great amount of affection for Asuka. She's like a big sister to him.

-Social, aloof, moody, thoughtful

[Other Characters]

-Hikari, Toji and Kensuke are the Bridge Bunnies

-Maya, Aoba and Hyuga are classmates.

Here's a first scene I slapped together:

SPOILER: Show
Yui always thought Akira Katsuragi was an unsettling man to look at. He was immaculate, well-dressed, and wore the NERV uniform as well as any seasoned military veteran. In truth, the straight back and sharp edged shoulder exuded a sense of authority, and his facial features were small and slender.

It made him appear rather young for his age. His black hair was matted back, though showcased his receding hairline. Few wrinkles marred his face, but those under his eyes and around his mouth cut enough to give one the hint he was well beyond his thirties.

All in all, maybe even a handsome man to look at.

But what made him unsettling were his eyes. They were sanpaku eyes, where one could see the white space beneath them, giving his stare a hollow bearing that threatened to suck the soul right out of you if you looked long enough.

“Why do you think the Commander waited so long to make her a pilot?” Kaworu asked, all too still at her side. His voice was wistful, in an innocent way she’d had moments of fondness and derision for.

“Guilt, I suspect,” she answered, watching Akira at the JSSDF General’s right arm, silent and subservient just like they wanted. “I remember telling him the chances of the cross-compatibility experiments working were very low. Rei even told him Ritsuko’s synchronization scores weren’t high enough with Unit-zero. He's a stubborn sort.”

Kaworu, who shared Akira’s eyes save for their crimson pigment, took in the proceedings of the Command Center, an ever-present smirk on his lips. As though bemused by the world around him. Even with his white skin and unruly gray hair, he was every bit the spitting image of the Commander in his late twenties.

“She looks very much like her mother now,” he said, clasping his hands behind his back.

For a time, Yui didn’t respond, her sight – filtered by the visor grafted to her skin – tracking the progress of the Angel slinking through the watery ruins of Odawara. “I’ve never understood those kinds of comments,” she said eventually. “Of course our children will grow to look like us.”

Even Kaworu’s eyes smiled. “Lilin need validation. It’s how they survive.”

For a blinding moment, Yui’s temper flared. But she calmed. Nothing the tall half-Angel said was without intent, she only despised how easily he teased out her emotions. More than once she had considered locking him away deep in Terminal Dogma.

In the end, a hundred responses floated on her tongue and vanished, and she let herself stew as the Generals ordered an attack.

“Where is Captain Ikari?” she asked, the question coming out more as a reprimand than a question.

Kaworu raised an eyebrow, but consulted his PDA nonetheless. “According to the Magi, they’re on the Hakoneura Highway. If nothing goes amiss, they should be here in thirty minutes.”

Alert panels sprang up along the Command Bridge. “Target has breached the First Defense Line.”

Biggest thing is that I don't want to rehash all the usual events and points of view.
Last edited by Glor on Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

Geometer
Adam

Re: NGE Age Swap Fic

•      
  •      

Postby Geometer » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:13 pm

I've been considering writing a age swap type fic myself, but don't worry I never get things started yet alone done. The only problem is see is Shinji being "Depict as being immature, snarky and condescending". This doesn't really strike me as Shinji in 14-15 years. Maybe in the post EoE world, where is cynical/angry side could grow, but not in this case. He has a close relation with his mother, had a normal enough social life and even dated Asuka, didn't have any major traumas, and wasn't a child soldier. I'd imagine he would actually be quite the nice person, Shinji is a very empathetic person despite all his hangups , which wouldn't be nearly as large in this case. If you going to have him act like that you going to have to explain how he got that way.

I think a more realistic way to write him would be for him to be a nice person initially, but having problems with forming deeper relations. Its what ruined his relation with Asuka for example. He would probably be very nice to Misato, acting like reverse of their cannon selves, being a father/big-brother type, but when things go south he is unable/unwilling to provide support to her similar to how Misato drifted way from Shinji/Asuka in the descent arc.

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: NGE Age Swap Fic

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:37 pm

View Original PostGeometer wrote:I think a more realistic way to write him would be for him to be a nice person initially, but having problems with forming deeper relations. Its what ruined his relation with Asuka for example. He would probably be very nice to Misato, acting like reverse of their cannon selves, being a father/big-brother type, but when things go south he is unable/unwilling to provide support to her similar to how Misato drifted way from Shinji/Asuka in the descent arc.

I agree. My intention wasn't to make him unkind or lacking in empathy, but he's immature the same way Misato was in the series. The snark will probably be more mild, and the condescension really only comes out when he's feeling insecure, i.e. most interactions with his mother. I assume he would end up this way due to lacking a father figure during a developmental period in his life and also having a mother that goes from spoiling him to chewing him out like a drill instructor at NERV. He doesn't know who he's supposed to be around her.

But around other people, you're right, he would be a pretty nice person who's just unable to form deeper relationships. And I like the idea that it's what ruined his relationship with Asuka.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

Return to “Fanfiction”