Where to find the scripts in Japanese

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Ultrahuntr
Adam

Where to find the scripts in Japanese

•      
  •      

Postby Ultrahuntr » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:36 am

I'm curious as to if there are easily accessible scripts (in Japanese). I'm wanting to work on my Japanese and figured that having the script would help with that.

It's been awhile (too long) since I've been here. If this is the wrong place to ask this, feel free to point me to the right one. ^_^

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Where to find the scripts in Japanese

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:58 am

If you aren't too picky, the dialogue alone can be found here. (I just quickly Googled it up and can't vouch for its accuracy.) If it's the official scripts you want, these are available on the Japanese DVD(/BD?) releases, and someone would have to post the full set of screen captures. I'm pretty sure these are actually on our server somewhere, but someone with access (which I don't have ATM) would need to furnish a URL.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ultrahuntr
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ultrahuntr » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:25 am

A quick google translate test (not the most accurate, obviously) seems to show that these check out, so thanks! Obviously there is a high probability of errors, but this will still help me in regards to working on my Japanese, so thanks a lot! That said, if someone did happen to link to the actual scripts as well, that would also be appreciated. ^_^

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:03 pm

So what source is used for the FGC?
"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:17 pm

The official scripts, of course.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:09 am

View Original PostReichu wrote: If it's the official scripts you want, these are available on the Japanese DVD(/BD?) releases, and someone would have to post the full set of screen captures.

Um, I guess I meant are they an evageeks translation of the Japanese originals or...would there be an English studio release of the scripts? I guess not when I think about it.
"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”