"Like post" system?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: "Like post" system?

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:14 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Actually, we're due for another major update to the forum software that I wanted to have done before I start my new job in April, and I wouldn't be surprised if that came built-in or had an off-the-shelf extension for it.

The available extension might need to be updated - but as it's quite widely used it probably has been already. Of course it doesn't have to be installed at the same time as the update.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:02 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Actually, we're due for another major update to the forum software that I wanted to have done before I start my new job in April, and I wouldn't be surprised if that came built-in or had an off-the-shelf extension for it.

Sweet, it be a great feature to have on this forum. Also thanks for answering.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

The Flying Fortress
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby The Flying Fortress » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:23 pm

I am against this idea, basically because I like forums where discussions can flow without there being featured posts, without people being influenced by a particular publication that is more popularly accepted or has negatively impacted, I think the current system Establishes Equality between the various opinions.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:30 am

Did this ever happen?

Also @The Flying Fortress , you make a good point.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:21 am

No update yet; it requires waiting until all the add-ons we use are updated, and more particularly, I need to update the forum theme. The new version does not have a "like" system built in, so it would still be a matter of finding an acceptable add-on - if it were to be agreed that it's a good idea.

Thanks for the reminder...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:27 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:Did this ever happen?

Nnnope!
pwhodges wrote:Thanks for the reminder...

Yeah -- for me too.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:47 am

Ehhh, I'm not so keen on this, this forum has functioned for a good long while without this, it was never needed now, I don't think it will ever be needed. I think such features encourage indolence and grandstanding, (I'll have to scold Squig next time I see the bugger). While any proposed system may have some benefit, it will always have its unforeseen cons.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:01 pm

This seems like the best place to make this request.

Can we get an "ignore thread" option on this forum?

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:15 pm

^ Yeah, I second that.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:13 pm

It's doable, but don't expect it anytime soon. My time is extremely limited and we've got several higher priorities.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”