[Question] The end of evangelion USA releases confusion

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Jsierra008
Embryo

[Question] The end of evangelion USA releases confusion

•      
  •      

Postby Jsierra008 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:16 pm

Hi there, excuse me for disturb; i've tried to search this especific item on the forums but the search engine ignores the word with 3 letters or less

The question:

Has the USA Release for The End of Evangelion two versions DVD9 and DVD5 ?

I've research for this code "MANGA4109-2" and says its a DVD9, but a friend have a original disc, the cover are in so poor state because i can't see the code, and is a DVD5

Thanks in advance

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Re: [Question] The end of evangelion USA releases confusion

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:14 pm

My copy of The End of Evangelion from Manga Ent. (which is out of print, so check eBay for buying options) is reading a capacity of 7.67 GB, which is too large for DVD-5. I think I have a DVD-9.

That being said, I really don't know if it matters within terms of image quality. The DVD is a scan of analogue video tape, has washed-out colors, and has subtitles that aren't exactly accurate in some of the more important parts of the film. It's a sub-par DVD image, even with its DVD-9 capacity. You might fair better buying the Renewal Japanese copy for about $50, and finding some accurate fan-subs to place over the film. The picture quality of that film is far better than Manga Ent's version, though you'd need a Region 2/Region Free DVD drive in order to play it.

Jsierra008
Embryo

Re: [Question] The end of evangelion USA releases confusion

•      
  •      

Postby Jsierra008 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:47 pm

Thanks for answer

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”