Rediculous Theory [Eva and Star Wars]

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Retro Chocolate
Adam

Rediculous Theory [Eva and Star Wars]

•      
  •      

Postby Retro Chocolate » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:54 pm

So I just saw Rogue One, and that got me thinking about Star Wars. Then, I also started thinking about Evangelion, because that's something I always do. So now, I've come up with a rediculous theory that connects Evangelion to Star Wars. Why? Because I'm bored, that's why.

In Episode VII, we see a character named Rey (she's the main character, kinda hard to miss). So my theory is that Star Wars takes place a long time before Evangelion, and that Gendo (and maybe all of Seele) were aware of the events that took place in the galaxy far, far away. How? Through the Dead Sea Scrolls of course. Gendo actually named Rei after Rey, the legendary hero from a galaxy far, far away (I did some quick google searches and found out that レイcan in fact romanize as Rey).

But there's more. The Star Wars characters are actually the First Ancestral Race. The dark side sent out the white moons to spread the angels all over the galaxy. However, they stripped the angels of the ability to use the force, so that the dark side could easily go in and eradicate the angels when they wanted to take over the planet. The rebels sent out the black moons to counter this. The black moons would populate the planets with people like themselves rather than the dark angels. These organisms were also stripped of the ability to use the force, because the rebels knew how dangerous it would be to have a bunch of people throughout the universe running around with the force.

However, humans and angels were stripped of the force in different ways. Therefore, when a seed of life combines with a fruit of knowledge, it gives the organism the ability to use the force. Due to the genetic makeup of Adam and Lilith, when the two combined and gained the ability to use the force (becoming the organism that will hearby be referred to as GNR), it essentially turned the into a god, as seen in EoE.

Now this last part is a bit far fetched (yes, in comparison to what you just read), but I think it's worth noting. Rey in Star Wars Episode VII may actually be the same Rei as in Evangelion. As we see in the series, GNR likely has the ability to time travel (we can infer this based on Rei's appearance in episode 1 and after her death in EoE). So what this could mean is that the character Rey from the Force Awakens is actually GNR time traveling and taking the form of Rey in order to assure that the rebels survive so they can send the black moon to earth and thus, ensure GNR's existence.

Anyways, what do you guys think? This isn't supposed to be serious, just fun speculation, but I'd like to know what other people think, and how many glaring holes in my theory you can inevitably find.
"That's not it at all. Trying to go on living is different than trying to escape fear. Those who acted in order to live until the end, without losing themselves to fear and what was happening around them, are the ones who survived properly. We don't know what "God" is thinking, but both fortune and misfortune are thrust upon people. Even so, people exist within a domain that is theirs in which to act."
-Luca, Berserk

"Surely, a true Buster Machine pilot, the real Nono-Riri, would have a Buster Machine in the heart!!" BUSTER BEAM SLASH!!!
-Nono, Diebuster

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Re: Rediculous Theory

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:07 am

Well, it's certainly well thought out, and the parallels you draw certainly seem to make sense. Even "Rey being Rei" isn't that farfetched given how you built your argument.

One thing I see that is probalematic is that the abilities of the A.T. Field is similar to the force, as it projects the will of the user, whether Angel, Evangelion, or Rei. Ramiel essentially uses force lightning, and Shamshel and Sachiel have lightwhips and lightsabers respectively, and Arael uses the mind trick, and Kaworu pretty much does a Palpatine and hides in plain sight till the last second through careful deceit and force tactic.

The other thing is how did they create the black and white moons? I mean I know they built three Death Stars (Starkiller Base=Death Star III), but building living and thinking creatures requires far more advanced technology than available in the current Star Wars timeline. As they say, destroying things is easy, the hard part is creating it from nothing.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Retro Chocolate
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Retro Chocolate » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:32 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:One thing I see that is probalematic is that the abilities of the A.T. Field is similar to the force, as it projects the will of the user, whether Angel, Evangelion, or Rei. Ramiel essentially uses force lightning, and Shamshel and Sachiel have lightwhips and lightsabers respectively, and Arael uses the mind trick, and Kaworu pretty much does a Palpatine and hides in plain sight till the last second through careful deceit and force tactic.

Hmmmm. Well, one possibility is that the dark side only took away enough of the force so that they could defeat the angels when they wanted to. Part of my idea is that the seed of life and fruit of knowledge are basically a part of the force, but not all of it. Maybe the seed of life has enough of the force to allow the angels to use some force powers, but not to the fullest extent.

It's also possible that the dark side didn't take away the force from the angels at all, and that what allowed GNR to become a god was the force combined with the knowledge of the fruit of knowledge.

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:The other thing is how did they create the black and white moons? I mean I know they built three Death Stars (Starkiller Base=Death Star III), but building living and thinking creatures requires far more advanced technology than available in the current Star Wars timeline. As they say, destroying things is easy, the hard part is creating it from nothing.

This is one I don't have the answer to, but it is possible that the technology required will be available in the future of the Star Wars timeline (they have a pretty long period of time to make the moons).
"That's not it at all. Trying to go on living is different than trying to escape fear. Those who acted in order to live until the end, without losing themselves to fear and what was happening around them, are the ones who survived properly. We don't know what "God" is thinking, but both fortune and misfortune are thrust upon people. Even so, people exist within a domain that is theirs in which to act."
-Luca, Berserk

"Surely, a true Buster Machine pilot, the real Nono-Riri, would have a Buster Machine in the heart!!" BUSTER BEAM SLASH!!!
-Nono, Diebuster

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:34 pm

Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”