Unreleased Q (or Shin Eva?) Materials from the Khara Expo?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Ramiel
Ramiel

Unreleased Q (or Shin Eva?) Materials from the Khara Expo?

•      
  •      

Postby 1731298478 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:34 pm

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-4898.html

Two new imageboards, and four new settei illustrations.

The first settei piece is the Wunder medical room, which is described as being used to treat patients outside of combat; during combats with mass casualties, the cabins and the eating hall are converted to deal with additional patients.

The second piece is Asuka and Mari's shared room; the bed in the middle divides the room into two halves. Asuka is lying on the bed playing video games.

The remaining settei pieces and the two imageboards have no descriptions.
Last edited by 1731298478 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: Unreleased Q Materials from the Khara Expo?

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:43 pm

Are those.........horns on two of these figure heads?
SPOILER: Show

unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

Re: Unreleased Q (or Shin Eva?) Materials from the Khara Expo?

•      
  •      

Postby unitM » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:31 pm

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:53 pm

That's the Eva Graveyard underneath Unit 13! What the hell is going on there?

This definitely looks like Unit 01 with the Spear of Longinus. I can't tell if it's walking in snow or if there's flowing water.

And this one looks like a person on a rock. There are some kind of markings on the hand. Maybe a plugsuit?

Also interesting to note: In the drawing of Wunder in the dock, the wings are folded up over the body! That actually makes a lot of sense. ^_^
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

andreh
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby andreh » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:32 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:That's the Eva Graveyard underneath Unit 13! What the hell is going on there?

Look at the legs, they seem forcibly positioned (and looks like the Eva is giving birth, lol) :bigeyes:
It also looks like it's being fed by a tube.
I do not speak English natively. If you see any error, blame my teacher or Google Translate LOL

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:44 pm

Oh wow, it does! I didn't notice that at all! I thought the head was tilted forward and that mechanism was plugged into the back, but now that you've pointed it out it definitely looks like the head is upturned.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:51 pm

Given the hornéd things have something coming out of their mouth it might be important.
"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:27 pm

Those are the "Adams" from Until you come to me being Speared in the mouth. A nearly identical shot is in the short but none of them have horns.

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:46 pm

So they are. The spiral pattern on the mouth things is much more clear. I'll note that the wiki calls them 'Evangelions' and they now have Shogouki horns, suggesting that identity. Why do you say they're Adams?
"You're just turning this into a mixture of gibberish and fan service! That's not the Evangelion I know!" - An Asuka, one of many.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:10 pm

^That's been speculation for a while. Four nearly identical beings with the four Spears all grouped together points toward them possibly being the Adams. There's never been any official writing about them, which is why I put the word in quotes.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:33 pm

Someone suggested the small sketch-like thing on the "raft" is Pen Pen❤️

I want to believe (...that these are potential sketches from Shin Eva, as Minna no Eva Fan Twitter suggests).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

xfs
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby xfs » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:54 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:

The obvious question is what is this place? What is the megastructure? Only Black Moon can be this huge right?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:23 am

View Original PostSoryuUberAlles wrote: I'll note that the wiki calls them 'Evangelions'

Unless the editor included a citation to an official source, "the wiki says..." doesn't mean anything. WHO wrote it? Where? Because it should be fixed.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

SoryuUberAlles
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby SoryuUberAlles » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:43 am

Is the wiki really wide open? I always assumed there was a vetting process to editors like with the commentary project.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:03 am

Well, you need to ask...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:27 am

If the horned creatures are still canon to NTE, and if those creature are meant to be the four Adams, I wonder if Khara was attempting to make the case that both Eva 01 and Mark 13 are actually two of the four Adams.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:31 am

^And if those creatures are canon, which version is correct? The one with horns or the one without?

View Original Postxfs wrote:The obvious question is what is this place? What is the megastructure? Only Black Moon can be this huge right?

It could be that. Someone on Reddit suggested that it might be what's on the other side of the Gates of Guf. It reminds me of a scene from part 2 of Anima where Super Evangelion crosses over into some kind of other world with Rei and Shinji.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:55 am

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:^And if those creatures are canon, which version is correct? The one with horns or the one without?

The "Until You Come To Me" short films' canonicity has been called into question since it first was released, especially since it simply seems to be an homage to the franchise as a whole, and not bound to NTE specifically. ("Hospital Scene Asuka" was depicted in UYCTM, but was depicted nowhere in the new movies.) So I would back away from declaring that as canonical evidence of anything just yet. On top of that, even if UYCTM was canon, their hornless state doesn't give the viewer any clues about anything. So even if it was to be considered a part of NTE's overall story, it's useless information at best.

If anything I would point at the deleted storyboards as clues about where the story might be heading towards, but that's a shaky argument too since they're deleted storyboards, and they could have been removed for any number of reasons. It could be they thought that suggesting Unit 01 and Mark.13 as two of the Adams would have been cool, and then thought of a better idea of the Adams and scrapped the whole thing all together. But still, the fact that the official production team came up with that idea for NTE specifically carries more weight than the images included in an Eva-themed short film. So it's worth a bit more consideration than the short film inclusion. After all, Anno prided himself in not having a ton of input on what the short film directors were creating for their short film. Tadashi Hiramatsu's reasons for removing the horns in his short film are entirely his own, and probably don't have anything to do with Hideaki Anno's creative decisions while writing, directing, and producing his new Eva movies.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:26 pm

Nice to finally have some new tidbits! :D
The Wunder's med bay have much more tech than I would had imagined, but still the whole place give the vibes of a submarine with how spartan everything is, especially Asuka and Mari's room, although I have the feeling that there was a more comfortable bunk bed on the side of the room before, but that this horribly Spartan bunk bed was bolted in the middle because Asuka wanted her own space (that Mari surely invades all the time! :tongue: ), comfort be damned! (and she still has her videogame nerd habits!).
In fact, now that I think about it more, it gives me vibes of the Avenger from the XCOM 2 videogame: kinda Spartan and cramped (albeit less that the Wunder) but very hi-tech!

With the image of the sort of dry dock where the Wunder lies, I think that WILLE indeed does have a lot of resources, they just don't like wasting anymore than necessary.

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:That's the Eva Graveyard underneath Unit 13! What the hell is going on there?

Those four pylons looks like the Angel containment pylons used by NERV and WILLE, and if you look closely, EVA-13's hands are chained to that giant ring and the whole thing seems to be pinning him down.
Maybe that's how neo-NERV keeps the now awakened EVA-13 in check until they need it for whatever final phase of their plan is?
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby 1731298478 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:06 am

Looks like they have replaced some of the images with new ones - !!

https://twitter.com/air_dotter/status/8 ... 9599647745
https://twitter.com/air_dotter/status/8 ... 1036225536

Here are some flowers for Anno from Hayao ^^

https://twitter.com/air_dotter/status/8 ... 9842679808

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”