Honda: 3.0+1.0 is being made right now

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Re: Honda: 3.0+1.0 is being made right now

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:50 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:FUCKING FINALLY

Ok let out a few years worth of "where the fuck is Final"
Now to wait about......3 years.
FUCK.

Pretty much. Time to invest in cryogenics.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:33 pm

Eva is living art that grows as we do. It's appropriate that it takes a lifetime for completion. :tongue:
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:35 pm

Seems that Anno said something about the movie at the Exhibition's opening day. I can't make heads or tails of it. :uhh:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:41 pm

Using google translate it seems he was asked about Eva making an appearance in the 2020 Olympics to which he said he doesn't know, also seemed to be the case for when he was asked when the new film will be released.

Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby 1731298478 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:59 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Seems that Anno said something about the movie at the Exhibition's opening day. I can't make heads or tails of it. :uhh:

He was asked if the film would be released before the Tokyo Olympics (in 2020). Anno said he didn't know. He added that this was in part because Khara would not be distributing the film themselves.
Last edited by 1731298478 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

mammaluser
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby mammaluser » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:07 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I'd argue it's been in production for a while. Even with Anno being in a depressive state, the idea that everyone at Khara was twiddling their thumbs until he got back would be silly

They might have been working on character designs and such stuff like that, because as far as we know Anno is the one that's been writing all that stuff so they couldn't have done that much since he was depressed and working on shin godzilla.
"I wish that i could turn back time..."

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:41 pm

Thanks, Numbers! ^_^
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:38 pm

Looking forward to news in upcoming months?

I'm assuming we'll get a late 2017/early to mid 2018 Japanese release at this point. Can't wait~
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Jimbob
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Jimbob » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:16 am

About freaking time.

Christ.

LightDragonman
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby LightDragonman » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:53 am

Just great. Apparently, this film may not even be finished before 2020, if the interview is anything to go by. Seriously, talk about wasting almost a decade of the fanbase's lives.
Proud fanboy of Rei Ayanami. :p

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:00 am

Surely you don't really define any significant part of your life around the publication of a forthcoming film?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:28 am

I'm not worried about Anno's statement. Saying "I don't know" when the movie isn't close to completion is much safer than throwing out a possible date and dealing with backlash if it isn't met. I don't think they've given target release dates until the trailers start rolling out after that initial timetable goof back when the project was announced. Personally, I doubt it'll take that long, but we'll just have to wait and see.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:06 pm

What would you think are the chances of a possible New Years announcement similar to Q? Granted that also coincided with updating the site, but we all know the big news there was bringing Q back into the spotlight with it's international title after hype waned. And Final has certainly waned a lot of hype considering all that has happened.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Jurrasic
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Jurrasic » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:21 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:Not to say it'd be nice if we had some type of teaser, but it's being worked on is always good to know.

News of this movie would be great traffic to the site again. In the future I'd image to see all kinds of EGF users popping back up. Including myself, but I've just been busy.

Oh for certain. It brought me back! :D
"Yes ladies and gentlemen, in France Asuka swears like a sailor and confirms that she's the butch of her apparent lesbian relationship with Mari, Mari insults people that ignore her, and Shinji Ikari tells to Sakura Suzuhara and Misato Katsuragi to go fuck themselves!" -ElMariachi

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:35 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:What would you think are the chances of a possible New Years announcement similar to Q? Granted that also coincided with updating the site, but we all know the big news there was bringing Q back into the spotlight with it's international title after hype waned. And Final has certainly waned a lot of hype considering all that has happened.

Maybe. I think we should definitely keep our eyes peeled if they do another TV broadcast of 3.0. I'm wondering if they might do something at the end of NHK's rebroadcast of Evangelion HD. They're only doing one episode a week and this week's was episode 12, so that's still 14 weeks away.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:19 pm

Khara is hiring again. Clearly states the job includes the next Evangelion film.
So they're near the point where they'll need bodies to get the work done. States applicants must be available at the end of June.
Noice.

http://www.khara.co.jp/recruiting/

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:18 am

Based solely on the timing of the hiring announcement prior to 3.0, I'd say we're looking at a release date of late 2018. By then, we'll all be dead. Thanks, Anno.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

RadicalRandy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RadicalRandy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:56 am

looks at calendar

sobs pathetically
"Thunder Cross Split Attack!" - Dire
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Shmango Fett

https://www.fanfiction.net/~misterradical

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:45 am

Hmm; fits the timetable I've been suggesting for a while now. That's fine - I'll watch something else meanwhile.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:19 am

As many said before I expect a release in the second half of next year if they are going to ramp up production to full scale this summer.
With this timeline in mind I think something interesting like a provisional release date or a first 30 seconds teaser could happen on the 10th anniversary of 1.0 later this year.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”