Godzilla & Kaiju General!

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Re: Godzilla & Kaiju General!

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:17 am

The music choices in this trailer and the teaser sound idiotic if you say them out loud, and yet they work perfectly.

This one dropped a little more plot info.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:58 am

Had the misfortune of watching Netflix Godzilla Planet eater the other night everything FreakyFilmFan4ever said was right and I could go in to a rant about how the female character treatment has been massively problamtic in these films and the third just hammers that nail in even further with damsel in distress tropes and everyone gotta love the hero and are just there to be in love with him and have next to no agency of there own but a few reviewers on the web have already brought this up so I'm just gonna leave it at that and say these films deserve there branding as the worst and deserve to be forgotten.

Side note this makes me look at Godzilla Revenge very differently and though its a bit off the wall in places it still tries harder than the netflix movies do to work at its characters and give story.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:20 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Side note this makes me look at Godzilla Revenge very differently and though its a bit off the wall in places it still tries harder than the netflix movies do to work at its characters and give story.

SEE??! Godzilla’s Revenge has a lot of genuinely good stuff in it that gets bogged down by the reused footage, and it’s hard to appreciate it unless you’ve seen something as bad as the Netflixzilla movies. Those movies also single-handedly convinced me that a lack of Shobijin twins in Godzilla 2019 will be okay. Even if Millie Bobby Brown doesn’t talk to monsters (which, she might talk to them after all, if the trailers are anything to go by), it’s okay just so long as that Netflixzilla awful approach isn’t used for the characters.

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:02 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:SEE??! Godzilla’s Revenge has a lot of genuinely good stuff in it that gets bogged down by the reused footage, and it’s hard to appreciate it unless you’ve seen something as bad as the Netflixzilla movies. Those movies also single-handedly convinced me that a lack of Shobijin twins in Godzilla 2019 will be okay. Even if Millie Bobby Brown doesn’t talk to monsters (which, she might talk to them after all, if the trailers are anything to go by), it’s okay just so long as that Netflixzilla awful approach isn’t used for the characters.

Yeah I see now and I thank you for the enlightenment, I'm never gonna bad mouth that movie again or say its crap because compared to this its master piece which is fun and tries and has a solid story ark ^_^

I totality second that regarding Bobby Browns character and I will take anything over having to watch netflix Godzilla again and I never want to see the Mortha twins treated that way again on screen as long as I live and who ever thought it was okay to make one of them a romantic plot device needs their face kicking in or forced to watch all the old Godzilla movies in one night just so they get how that canon works and that there not there to be love interests there job is to look after Mortha and be her voice.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:32 pm

Final officially released trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZGhOlCzLTs

HD quality leak of the 5 minute trailer shown in front of Imax Shazam.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GODZILLA/comme ... e_trailer/

They are definitively showing way too much, but my god yes. I have literally zero complaints or concerns about any of the footage released so far except 1 or 2 cringy jokes in the TV spots.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:58 pm

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri May 17, 2019 2:47 pm

Some obscure lower budget Kajiu news.
WW2 set Reigo & it's modern day semi sequel Raiga are finally getting released on American Dvd/Blu-Ray after over a decade.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2019 ... n-release/

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2009 ... ter-reigo/

Return to “Film and Video”