Nintendo Switch

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Re: Nintendo Switch

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat May 13, 2017 11:47 am

View Original PostYaywalter wrote:.....aaaaand silence, lol.

I'M BUSY.

I'm also planning to get one really soon, possibly today or tomorrow. A guy at work said he was surprised at how good Breath of the Wild is, saying (and I'm paraphrasing in the extreme) that he wasn't expecting much but the game has blown him away. The ensuing discussion (which he was having with someone else) was vague enough to make it difficult to recount, but apparently there's some flaw or flaws in the game that basically goes away after you get a certain piece or two of equipment, however because of the extremely nonlinear nature of the gameplay some people find it quickly but others perhaps never do.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat May 13, 2017 6:35 pm

SPOILER: Show

Speaking of breath of the wild apparently the Minish we're going to be in the game but were cut at the last minute.

If they do a direct sequel to breath of the wild I really hope they include the Minish. It's been awhile since I've seen a game with a size changing mechanic, or at least a size changing mechanic done well.

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:32 am

Christmas 2017 happened, now I'm Switch'd.

I'm not feeling LoZ: BotW yet. Running out of stamina as you slowly climb a mountain isn't fun. It's a big world, and it's so empty.

Not feeling Mario Odyssey yet either.
Still getting the hang of the controls. I keep expecting Mario to dive-tackle forward when I hit the Y button, a la 64 or Sunshine.
The Shadow of Mordor series has spoiled me when it comes to platforming, I expect Mario to be able to easily leap up and climb a tall structure with a flat, vertical face, but all he can manage is the one wall-jump and slides down like a sad Koala...

I am feeling Bomberman R at least. I love me some Bomberman, I just wish more than a dozen people on the planet shared that opinion...
Searching for online opponents is just depressing. 8 minutes I spent waiting for a room to open and a game to start. Just me and "Alfonzo76", the only people in the world who want to play Bomberman at that moment in time. Ridiculous.
Especially sad is the new "Grand Prix" mode which was recently patched in; I'd love a game of Grand Prix, but it requires 6 players for online matches.
You're lucky to get a full set of 4 players in the regular battle mode. What is Konami thinking?
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”