Neon Genesis Evangelion: Second Death and Rebirth

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:53 pm

This is a little fic I've sort of been half assed working on...
Last edited by SawItAtAge10 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion: Second Death and Rebirth

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:57 pm

Okay, this is probably going to suck, but I'm just going to go with it.

The basis of my ideas for this little project can be found here:

thread/18582/Continuing-NGE/

post/824323/Evangelion-R-Annihlation-Resurrection/#824323

At this point, this "work" is in an extreme rough rough copy stage and is being done (thus far) on the basis of a few half-thought out ideas.

Whatever your opinion, please try to keep these things in mind.

Okay, here it goes (flinches):

SPOILER: Show

Scene 1:

(Still shots of a frozen landscape, Next, flattened trees.)

Kiel: So, we now know that it was the Third Descendent who brought about the attempt at retribution.

Seele Member: Yes, that one was also a false successor.

Kiel: And it rode in on a pale horse. But we had the power of that knowledge as our aid.

(Ariel shot of a gigantic object rising out of the earth and up into the sky. Object then eclipses the sun.)

Seele Member: The tools we inherited continue to the defy the wisdom of man.

(Images of the SSDS interlaced with a Lance.)

Kiel: That time, the devastation was utterly ignorable. We had the power of the unknowable on our side so that the Second Retribution would not happen before the promised time. That which resides in the abyss of mystery allowed us to keep a covenant in accordance with what we have brought forth unto light.

(A closer shot of the asteroid, with the silhouette of a humanoid being rising out it.)

Seele Member: And the revelations found in the third tome have opened the door.

Kiel: The lamp at our feet will guide us towards the eternal solace we seek. In the meantime, these outsiders, the scientists of this imperfect world, will continue to utilize the limited scope of vision they see in glimpsing through the weak lenses their inferior tools and knowledge have crafted.

(The photos become more elaborate as the it zooms in closer to show the being spreading its wings. The next picture shows the spear on a massive wheeled cart on spring loaded platform designed to catapult it upward towards its target.)

Seele Member: And in selfishly attempting to grasp the light, they’ll never feel the heat of the flame.

(The final photo shows the winged being, radiant with the black spear right in the center of its chest with its head and wings thrown back. The image of show bodily agony that conceals its face from view.)

Scene 2:

(An empty airport, Seyoko and Lyn are walking towards the isolated terminal with only two near-identical secret service men to assist them.)

Seyoko: By this time tomorrow, we’ll be settling into our new home in the great city of Tokyo 3. I hear there are lots of pretty young girls who go to the school that you’ll be transferring to.

Lyn: Yeah, that’s cool. I mean, it’s whatever, I guess.

Seyoko: Well, you’ll be getting your own giant toy, um I mean, giant weaponized robot of your very own, isn’t that exciting?

Lyn: Seriously? You expect me to be happy about that? I mean, really where’s the fun in even training if, from what you and those other people said, the war is basically over? I mean, aren’t all of those monsters we saw on the telly gone now?

Seyoko: Well, yes…But, you know wanna know something? I’ve been your guardian, protector, and live-in nanny for almost a decade now, and if there’s one thing I know about you, is that it’s virtually impossible to impress you with anything.

Lyn: Well, I just don’t really care that much…About anything. Like I said, none of it sounds all that exciting…

Seyoko: That’s so shameful…I mean, you’ve had it so much better than most kids your age, especially given how you’ve had all that military training, lived very comfortably being brought up I such a lovely world of culture and etiquette. You should count your blessings kid, I mean your father, my boss, is the head of this amazing company that is at the international forefront of some pretty exciting and innovative–

Lyn: Is that all you’re good for?! Praising my father and how amazing his corporation is?! HIS CORPORATION, the one he escaped into so he doesn’t have to deal with reality and the fact that I even exist as his little cross the bear? You go on and on about how hard he works and how brave he is! It makes me think that you’re in love with him something! And just like Anna, you’re not my mother and you’ll NEVER be able to replace her! And IMPRESS ME? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! NOTHING you say or do about any of this will ever be able to make me GIVE A DAMN!

Scene 3:

(The auditorium of Shinji’s dreams and nightmares. Shinji sits silent with his cello in hand. After a brief moment of silence, he begins playing Cello Suite no. 5, only to stop again a moment later.)

Shinji: I’m back at the same place again…Alone. But, I never minded it. Sure, I might be isolated, but at least I’m safe here.

(The door opens and a shadow appears across the stage floor in the light.)

Asuka: Oh, shut up Third Child! You’re so full of yourself as usual!

Shinji: Oh, it’s you Asuka. I didn’t think you’d be back.

Scene 4:

ANGEL ATTACK

Hyuga: Pattern orange!

Maya: But the Magi have confirmed it, it’s an Angel!

Aoba: I’m connecting Major Katsuragi, I’ll have her on the line shortly!

Hyuga: Units 00 and 06 are deployed and headed towards the target area.

(In Misato’s car.)

Misato: Yeah, I have a visual on the target. I’ll have Shinji there and ready to go within the next five minutes!

Aoba: There’s no time! The JSSDF and SYNAPS aerial defense forces are…(static)…already arrived with…(static)

Misato: They’re actually going to drop N2 mines this close to the Reconstruction Zone?!

Aoba: No! It’s –

(Misato’s car swerves and comes to a screeching halt as she gawks from her window at the sight playing out from high up above her Shinji.)

Misato: My god! They’re actually going to deploy both of them at the same time?!

Scene 5:

(Back in the Auditorium.)

Asuka: Well, we’re going to be rehearsing the same song as before, but with a few improvisational differences here and there.

Shinji: That sounds easy enough. Have you been practicing?

Asuka: Well of course! What are you stupid?! Anyway, that’s not all that’s different. This time around, we have some stand-ins for Rei and Kaworu’s old spots. They’re just as good, even if they are alternates. In fact, I arrived here with one of them.

Shinji: Oh, is that her?

Asuka: How perceptive of you Ikari. Well anyway, Shinji, I’d like you to meet –

Scene 6:

EVA UNIT 07

DEPLOYED FOR THE FIRST TIME

AGAINST ANGEL DESIGNATED AS THE “21st”

Voice: Let’s see if all that pairing up and sync training pays off!

Asuka: Like hell if it doesn’t!

EVA UNIT 02 (IMPROVED)

THE UNIT IS DEPLOYED FOR THE FIRST TIME AFTER A LENGTHY DORMANCY PERIOD

FURTHER, THE DESIGNATED PILOT, THE SECOND CHILD Asuka LANGELY SORYU, HAS UNDERGONE A FULL BATTERY OF PHYSICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTS TO REINSTATE HER STATUS. ADDITIONAL HIGH INTENSITY TRAINING WAS REQUIRED TO BRING HER UP TO SPEED AND RE-STABLIZE HER SYNC RATES.

Voice: Fantastic! Now, let’s kick some ass! Deploying progressive-scythe!

(A green Eva Unit, designated with a “7” drops from the sky brandishing the new weapon of choice.)

Asuka: I’m in a good mood, so I’ll let it slide that you’re going first! But, you better not get used it! Ya’ hear me you damn rookie?

Voice: Loud and clear boss!

Scene 7:

(Once again, the auditorium.)

Girl: Nice to meet you, Shinji Ikari. My name is Aoi Tamashii. As she was saying, I’m filling in for Kaworu’s old spot.

Shinji: Yeah, I suppose it’s a good thing too. His chair’s been empty ever since he transferred out a little while back.

Aoi: And the other one, where is he?

Scene 8:

ANGEL ATTACK

FIRST ASSAULT USING THE EVA UNIT 06. FIRST BATTLE INVOLVING THE SIXTH CHILD LYN ANOUILH SADAMOTO.

Lyn: What the hell is that thing?!

Misato: It’s one of the alien creatures we call the Angels. Didn’t your guardian give intel about it?

Seyoko: Yeah, I told him all about it, good of you to ask him when I’m standing right here!

Misato: Good, then you informed him of the dangers involved then?

Seyoko: Well, up until about thirty minutes ago, I didn’t know we’d be under attack!

Misato: That’s sort of par for the course around here. Now, Lyn. According to your file, you’ve had some military and marksmanship training, is this correct?

Lyn: Um, yes ma’am…I mean, yeah that’s right, back at the academy…

Seyoko: Now wait a minute! YOU CAN’T BE SERIOUS!

Misato: I’m afraid that I am.

Scene 9:

(Once again, the auditorium.)

Lyn: Um, hello? Anyone here?

Shinji: Yeah, we’re all in here!

Lyn: Oh. It’s nice to meet all of you. I’m –

Scene 10:

(A small room at Nerv HQ with a large desk overloaded with stacks of paper work and various wires leading up to an enormous computer monitor. Beside it sits a coffee mug and an ashtray overloaded with lipstick ridden butts. Dr. Akagi nonchalantly types away at a keyboard in front of the screen as Misato stands over her watching. Her arms are crossed and her eyes are fixed on the screen.)

Ritsuko: Lyn Anouilh Sadamoto. Age fourteen and designated as the sixth child, pilot of Evangelion Unit 06.

(In reacting to the information, there’s a cutting slice of sarcasm in Misato’s voice.)

Misato: Oh? Is that what the information in the ever-trustworthy Marduk report says?

Ritsuko: Major, we both know that there’s no reason to even put on the pretense of that ruse. For the time being, however, I can assure you with a degree of certainty that he’s not…

(Seyoko suddenly enters the room from around the corner.)

Seyoko: He’s not what?

Scene 11:

(In Misato’s car, aboard a car train. Shinji sits with his head crouched down so that his face is out of her view. Meanwhile, she speaks while facing out her window.)

Misato: Shinji, listen to me. Just as it’s always been, the decision to pilot again is entirely in your hands.

Shinji: I know that Misato!

Misato: When that boy arrived here just a little while ago, all he knew was that he’d be getting some standby Eva training. But, like all of us, he had absolutely no idea that we’d be facing a new threat. But, you don’t have to do anything if you feel like it’s too soon since…

Scene 12:

(The Auditorium again)

Lyn: Sorry for being so late. So, we’re going to be playing together, right?

Scene 13:

Maya: Nerve link ups are complete! Harmonics normal! Sync rate is at 31.08%!

Ritsuko: That’s pretty outstanding for an inaugural battle.

Hyuga: We’re moving Unit 06 to cage 4, he’ll be launching directly adjacent to the target.

Seyoko: Where is that Katsuragi woman, isn’t she supposed to be leading this operation to ensure his safety?

Ritsuko: Under any other set of circumstances, yes. But –

EVANGELION UNIT 06 IS LAUNCHED INTO ITS BATTLE COMPLETELY ALONE. EQUIPPED WITH A PALLET RIFLE, IT IS ABLE TO HOLD OFF THE ANGEL DESIGNATED AS THE “18th,” BUT…

Seyoko: Oh, my god! LYN!

Ritsuko: Eject the entry plug and send out the recovery team!

SAME DAY, A SHORT TIME LATER...

Shinji: I guess I really have no choice then…

MINUTES LATER, EVANGELION UNIT 01 IS DEPLOYED WITH PILOT Shinji IKARI INSIDE. SOON AFTER, THE THIRD CHILD UTILIZED THE UNIT’S PROGRESSIVE KNIFE AND DESTROYED THE TARGET.

Scene 14:

(The auditorium once more. The four children, Shinji, Asuka, Aoi, and Lyn are all seated in circle, each holding a stringed instrument.)

Asuka: Enough already with the pleasantries! Everyone has their sheet music, right?

Shinji: Yeah I do.

Aoi: Same here.

Lyn: Yeah, me too.

Asuka: Then let’s get started already!

Scene 15:

(The Classroom. The old man hasn’t arrived yet, therefore class is not session. Lyn sits alone, parallel to Shinji. He looks over at Rei, who stares listlessly out the window.)

Lyn: Hey, Ikari.

Shinji: Yeah?

Lyn: That’s the girl? I mean, she’s the other pilot right?

Shinji: Um, yeah. She was the pilot of Unit 00. I mean before…

(Flashback)

Rei: If I die, I can be replaced.

(Flashback)

Shinji: You saved me Rei, by sacrificing Unit 00.

Rei: Oh, did I save you? I think…I think I must be the third one…

(Flashback)

Ritsuko: This is where we produce the components, they’re what make the system work.

Shinji: Oh, my god. Rei!

Misato: They’re all Rei!

(Back in the present, in the classroom).

Lyn: She seems a tad odd.

Shinji: You don’t know even the half of it…

Scene 16:

TOKYO 3 SET INTO DEFENSIVE BATTLE FORMATION. 85% OF THE RECONSTRUCTED INTERCEPT IS AT OPERATIONAL CAPACITY.

Ritsuko: Repairs on Unit 00 aren’t complete, so we’ll have to deploy Units 01 and 06 for this operation.

Seyoko: Over my dead body! There’s no bloody way I’m letting you put Lyn in that thing again. Have one of your own do it!

(Ritsuko turns in her chair towards Seyoko scowling.)

Ritsuko: I already told you that Unit 00 is not operational. Besides, we haven’t had any time to run compatibility tests with the first child and Unit 06. Secondly, it’s always in everyone’s best interest to assault the enemy with as many Evas at our disposal whenever possible. All other considerations and priorities are rescinded. If you have some issue with that, then you can leave, but the pilot of Unit 06 stays.
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Return to “Fanfiction”