Fury

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Fury

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:20 pm

I've been indulging my tank enthusiast side recently, and decided to buy this movie. Basically it's a WWII movie about a Sherman tank crew. And I must say, this was the very last place I expected to find similarities to NGE. But this film is full of them! In fact it's almost like the director watched NGE and EoE, then decided to re-imagine them as a WWII tank movie. The titular Sherman's five-man crew's personality traits and interactions even roughly correspond to the main NGE/NTE characters. There's a new driver Shinji, a veteran driver Rei, a gunner Mari, a loader Asuka, and a commander who's pretty much a Gendo/Misato hybrid. Even the deaths of some of the characters closely resemble the way their NGE/NTE counterpart died. I'm not going to spoil any of the story, but if you like NGE (and I'm assuming you do since you're on a niche Eva fan site), you may want to give this movie a watch. Just be prepared for a gut-wrenching and soul-crushing journey, as this film is pretty much as dark as the darkest parts of NGE.
[Redacted]

Return to “Film and Video”