Neon Genesis Evangelion: (Not) the End

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

Neon Genesis Evangelion: (Not) the End

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:09 am

(Not) the End wrote:Another Eva AU. The Angels are late, the Eva series finally finished. Unfortunately, this doesn't mean life's any nicer to poor Shinji Ikari, thanks to terrifying monsters, semi-psychotic Brits, and countless other problems. Hopefully, this is as bad as it gets. Probably not. Contains sarcasm, bloody combat, liberal cussing, and awkward hormone stuff.

Link to the story on Fanfiction.Net: NGE: (Not) the End

Hello there, everyone! It's me, Fyrstorm, again! I though I'd take the time to share my main story with you all-- a lovely little rewrite known as (Not) the End! The concept is simple-- in a universe similar to Eva Canon, the Angels have held off for two years. The story begins with the awakening of the Fourth Angel... and a sixteen year old trying to figure out what the hell his father wants with him. Things go from there.

During my conception of this idea, my primary thoughts can be mostly summed up (as I remember them) as:
- "What sort of character interactions/development/etc. can I make feasibly happen with more pilots and two years of stewing and hormones thrown in?"
- "Let's see if I can feasibly give these poor kids a better end than EoE with a few more years under their belts." (Yes, I'm aware that a lot of Eva fics do this-- I just wanted to try my own hand at a semi-feasible one, given what plays out in the story)
- "I'm going to write a serious Eva fanfic that isn't incredibly OC-heavy and poorly scraped together!" (R.I.P. Messenger of the New Century, you will most certainly not be missed)
- and a little bit of "I really want to see the characters like this." (generally more mentally/socially developed, that is)

This is the result.

Current status: 41 out of approximately 80 chapters finished.

Please read, enjoy, and review! Thank you! :kaworusparkle:
Last edited by Fyrstorm on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:10 am, edited 6 times in total.
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion: (Not) the End

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:25 am

There is so much I'd like to say, but it's all spoilery, so I'l keep it short. Well, I just read Chapter 23 and can say this is a fantastic story. I can't wait to see what else you do with your AU, it should be quite interesting. All the changes you've made have been for the better, especially the inclusion of Mari with the other pilots, and her relationship with Asuka. I also like what you've done with Rei and her story, seeing as everything is two years further ahead then normal, it should be a great story! And the story is only a third done? So much story to go I'm dying from the anticipation already!

Also... a sequel you say? This is all I can say in response.
SPOILER: Show
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:36 am

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:Link to the story on Fanfiction.Net: NGE: (Not) the End

Just started reading this really enjoying it so far I will give you some reviews over on ff.net :asuka_thumbsup:
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:10 pm

Thank you for your feedback! It means a lot to me!

We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:11 am

Preview for Chapter 024!

Chapter 024.1  SPOILER: Show
“Hiiiiiii-yaaaaaaaah!”

*Shunk!*

Even with Unit-02 obscuring most of the view, it was clear what had just happened. The oscillating blade of the sonic glaive had pierced straight through the Core in one hit, driving its tip out through the Angel’s back. Israfel stood, frozen in place.

“Hmph,” Asuka sniffed, her Eva glancing over its shoulder. “Now, that's how you kill an Angel, everyone. One hit, and done. This thing never even got a chance.”

Slowly, the other pilots relaxed, their weapons drooping towards the ground.

“Well,” Misato sighed. "Good work, Asuka. Blue Pattern's fading away… so I guess all that's left is to clean up.”

The fiery haired girl gave a cocky smirk.

“That’s right.” Unit-02 leaned forwards, shoving the glaive in another meter for good measure. “Pity I didn't get a real fight; then I'd at least see what this thing was capable of.”

Israfel looked down at the red Eva, and blinked.

The Second Child's smirk disappeared in an instant.

“... W-what?”

Oh yes, now we can have fun.

What? She's 28 now.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:45 am

Gonna make a start on reading this whilst at work, based on the comments here I'm looking forward to it. Will leave reviews for you as well as I go :)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:15 pm

Oh, that preview, I can't wait to see what happens next. I bet it'll involve matching outfits though
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:51 am

Well I'll be really interested to read this update. :asuka_thumbsup:

Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:55 am

Have some more, in the meantime!

Chapter 024.2  SPOILER: Show
Slowly, purposefully, Israfel reached across, and grabbed the shaft of the sonic glaive. The Angel tugged, pulling the weapon from its body with a bloody spurt. Blue liquid dribbled from the rent in its core… before the glassy orb began to seal itself back up. The mask began to spin, as shapes pushed out of the Angel’s back, from under its skin, a jagged line tearing itself down the monster’s front…

“Oh… oh no…”

[Warning, New Pattern Blue Detected!]

[Warning, New Pattern Blue-​

“Oh go-”

Chapter 024.3  SPOILER: Show
- A couple hours later. NERV physical training facilities.

Asuka screamed in anger, and threw a sharp right hook into her target. The punching bag jolted back a few centimetres, quivering before the girl followed up with her left hand.

“Unvernünftig! Blöd! Gott! Verdammt! Engel!” she snarled, spitting out a curse with each blow. The girl stepped back, huffing and scowling. Her body ached all over, a side effect of the beating that she and the other Children had sustained from the beast.

“What sort of cheap tactic is that anyways?!” Asuka demanded at the bag. “You’re not allowed to just split into sixteen fucking Angels! Honestly, what the hell?!”

Poor Asuka. Don't worry, it gets better.

What? She's 28 now.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:30 am

Oooh this sounds interesting, I'll be looking forward to the next update :)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:54 am

16?!? Is Israfel on PCP and HGH? I can't wait to see what happens next, and how they kill the damn bastard.

And Asuka and the others must be feeling like this after that kind of ass whooping
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:44 pm

Um... I'd appreciate you cutting down on the gif usage, Phoenix.

Chapter 024.3.5  SPOILER: Show
“What sort of cheap tactic is that anyways?!” Asuka demanded at the bag. “You’re not allowed to just split into sixteen fucking Angels! Honestly, what the hell?!”

As expected, the bag did not reply.

The Second Child grunted, and took a few steps back to lean against a beam.

~Not only does it have the nerve to not just stay dead,~ Asuka thought. ~The bastard took our four-to-one superiority and threw it out the damn window!~

Her second sortie, and she'd lost-- again. The frustration of it all grated like sandpaper on the Second Child's nerves. While she could stomach the first loss-- she did get her revenge in the end, after all-- this one was inexcusable. For Pete's sake, she'd just stood there in shock when Israfel had revealed its duplication ability-- she hadn't even thought to retreat! And what had happened? Well, yes, everyone had lost, but she'd been taken down first. NERV had to drop an N2 mine before they could rescue her and the others.

'Come on, Princess,’ she could practically hear Mari saying. 'Everybody has a few off days. And it's not like we could have predicted the Angel was going to do something like that.’

The girl grumbled, reluctantly agreeing with her subconscious’ assessment. It didn't change the fact that she hadn't managed to do anywhere near her best… but it did make the humiliation of it sting a little less.

Behind her, the door to the centre slid open.

“Pilot Sohryu.”

“What is it?” Asuka demanded, not bothering to turn around. Unphased, the Section Two agent replied.

“Captain Katsuragi has called all pilots to the briefing room.”

The girl sniffed.

“Fine,” she replied. “I’ll be there in a few minutes.”

So there we have it.
1. Mari is the voice of Asuka's self-reassurances.
2. Gaghiel's had a far worse impact on our favourite redhead than it did in canon.
3. Guess how well Misato's plan is going to fly. Guess.

What? She's 28 now.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:51 pm

Fyrstorm wrote:Um... I'd appreciate you cutting down on the gif usage, Phoenix.

Yeah, sorry bout that, I collapsed them for ya.

As far as Misato's plan, its going to go over as well as a screen door on a submarine.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:05 am

Hey there, guys! Just recently finished drawing some pictures of the main cast! Hope you enjoy!

Shinji  SPOILER: Show

Rei  SPOILER: Show

Asuka  SPOILER: Show

Mari  SPOILER: Show

My current thoughts/other stuff:
- Shinji and Asuka turned out the best.
- Someone hug Shinji.
- I'm not a fan of how Rei's proportions turned out. Her arms are a bit too long for my liking, and her hair's a little shorter than I'd wanted.
- Stupid pen screwed up Mari's mouth a little. Eh, it's not awful.
- Our resident two-girl couple are outputting far too much sass. Clearly, Shinji is worried that this post cannot contain their sheer sass.
- If the plugsuit changes don't look too obvious, they're not supposed to be-- the designs work for a reason.
- I did take cues from Mari's 05b plugsuit for Asuka's 02b... but I've only now realized just how similar it looks.
- Shinji's squared-off shoulders are really pleasing to look at. I don't know why, but they're awesome.
- Shinji seems pretty standard in his build, Rei's almost as skinny as her canon self (or as skinny as Manga!Asuka), Asuka's put on some muscle, and Mari? Well, Mari's probably the squishiest of the quartet. And that's just fine.

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:50 am

Should have the last of Chapter 024 finished up before the week is out! We're almost done, people-- just the very last section to do, and we're on to Chapter 025!

One last thing; just because Asumari's the main deal, doesn't mean that Asuka (or Mari, for that matter) can't get some love from the other Eva cast members! And believe me, after this chapter, she's going to need it. Asuka, that is, not Mari. Mari is fine. It's our poor redhead who can't catch a break.

(While I am evil, and love the suffering of fictional characters, I simultaneously despise the suffering of characters-- fictional or nonfictional-- and seek to remedy it asap. Ah, the writer's dilemma, thou art a cruel and heartless bitty.)

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:08 pm

Chapter 024 is up and ready! Read it here! Chapter 024.

What? She's 28 now.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:58 am

Read and reviewed really enjoyable stuff :asuka_thumbsup:

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:24 am

Oh no! I forgot to post my preview for Chapter 025! But wait, what's that coming over the horizon?...

It's Bardiel.

Chapter 025.1  SPOILER: Show
Mari was practically in heaven. The sleeping girl had no idea what she was up against, but it was comfy, warm, and soft as all hell, so she didn't really care. Mari snuggled up to it enthusiastically, practically burying herself in the warmth. The girl sighed, a sound of complete contentment.

“Mmmmmmm…”

Then, something poked her in the head.

“Mari.”

“Mmm,” the Brit huffed, wriggling in. No use; the mysterious thing just poked her again.

“Mari, get off me.”

The brunette groaned, wiggled some more… and slowly opened her eyes. Mari glanced up, and saw Misato staring back down at her, a look of mild exasperation across her face.

Aww… but Miso, you're so comfy,” Mari whined, not budging a centimetre from atop the older woman.

“Mari,” Misato replied, one eyebrow moving millimetres up. “You have until the count of three.”

“One…”

The brunette groaned.

Fine,” she sighed, reluctantly pushing herself off of the captain, and rolling to the side-- an act that, much to the latter's chagrin, ended up yanking the covers off the bed.

Misato gave an exaggerated sigh-- clearly, other than being squashed under the Fifth Child, the whole thing hadn't been that awful.

Meanwhile, Mari stood up, letting the blankets fall to the floor. The girl spread her stance, stretching the sleep out of her limbs with another yawn.

“Well, how about we head down to the kitchen or something?” she asked. “If I’m not allowed a few more minutes of cuddles, I should at least get a proper breakfast.”

Eh, it's just some cuddles. Chapter 025 is mostly going to be half fluff, half actual proper plan making/executing, and one negative sixteenth possibly more eva pilots.

What? She's 28 now.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:37 am

Ooh I enjoy fluff, looking forward to the chapter. I'm really enjoying the fic so far, you're doing great work on it. :)

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:22 pm

Seeing as I still don't have 025 finished, you lucky lot get another preview.

Chapter 025.2.1  SPOILER: Show
Sunlight shimmered in from the window, brushing across the foreign girl's face. Asuka's eyes flickered open, squinting against the brightness. The redhead stifled a yawn, and propped herself up on her elbows.
The girl smacked her lips, glancing around the room. Curiously, there was no sign of Shinji around, aside from a second mattress on the floor. Then again, she didn't exactly remember him coming in either.
~Did he sleep on the couch or something?~ the girl wondered to herself momentarily.
~...no,~ she considered. ~He probably just gets up early. Why else would there be another mattress down here?~
The girl stood, rolling her neck, and made her way towards her case of clothes. Something straightforward would do for today, she decided.
Changing took very little time for Asuka, and only a couple minutes later, she emerged from the room, wearing some casual pants and a t-shirt. A scent caught her attention, wafting from the general direction of the kitchen. The girl sniffed the air, catching the aroma.
Food.
Asuka slunk down the hall, turning into the living room and kitchen at the end. In the latter, Shinji worked away, regularly switching between dishes. Asuka could admit it-- she was surprised by the boy's focus. He had a bunch of different supplies out, arranged in small groups and spread across the room, but he seemed to be keeping everything under control.
As she watched, the boy slid something into the oven, moved the other dish to an inactive burner… and let out of a breath.
“Should take care of that for a little bit,” he mumbled, before he began to turn around. “Now all that's left is the--” Shinji caught sight of the girl, and paused.
“...Morning, Third,” Asuka said.

What? She's 28 now.

Return to “Fanfiction”