Oh The Horror!

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

AdamMalkovitch
Sachiel

Re: Oh The Horror!

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:50 pm

The only horror films I ever really enjoyed were ALIEN, Dawn of the Dead (I've only seen the first 40 minutes of the extra long cut on YouTube, but I'm really enjoying it so far), Silent Hill, End of Evangelion, Blair Witch Project (was okay), CREEP, and IT (2017). I've seen a bunch of stuff that I thought was so bad it's good, or entertaining because it's so insane and over-the-top (see: The Human Centipede: First Sequence), but the vast majority of stuff I've forced myself to watch is just garbage. I can respect that OP likes V/H/S, but it was so formulaic and the characters were so hopelessly stupid that I couldn't make it past the second story. On the topic of modern and upcoming horror, it's almost all cheap, jumpscare trash. The only modern horror films I've enjoyed were 10 Cloverfield Lane, and IT. Hereditary looks interesting, but I'm sure it will just be the same thing as every other movie that's come before it.
I've reached a point where I just generally don't give a fuck anymore. In a good way.

Return to “Film and Video”