[FanFic Series] Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

[FanFic Series] Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:12 pm

Original Post from August 4, 2016 12:12a  SPOILER: Show
Hello Eva Fans!

My name is DarkBluePhoenix, and I am currently writing a new fanfic entitled Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy.

The premise of the story is to completely rewrite Evangelion, and combine elements of the anime, manga, rebuild, and the Raising Project manga, and show the origins of the adults, and the Pre and post 2I world, before getting into the Angels attacking. I go over some details of the Evangelions construction, WWIII and how the UN took power, the MAGI construction, all while weaving in the small fragments of backstory the anime and manga gave us, and that's just the first arc!

The story is split into three arcs, of three episodes each, and there may be a few side stores in the future.
SPOILER: To be specific, two crossovers and an epilogue.

The second arc deals with the events that happen during the show, and the third arc will deal with, well
SPOILER: the events following 3I and Shinji's decision to not end everything, which will lead into well, a lot of battles, more angels and maybe even Godzilla (that'll show Anno a thing or two about leaving us hanging for Final) and a few references to the rebuild that i haven't already brought up by that point. Plus the final showdown between the Evangelions and SEELE during - 4I.
Trust me, it will be better than it sounds!

If anyone would like to read this story, please give me any feedback you'd like. I'd be honored if you read it, and highly appreciative if you were to give me feedback. If you decide to give feedback, either post here on this thread, or PM me on FanFiction, and feel free to leave a review, good or bad, all opinions are on my work are important to me!

My profile is on FanFiction.net

The links to the two stories I have posted are below.
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode I: The Phantom Menace Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode II: Attack of the Seeds In Process, 10 of 12 Chapters

Please read and enjoy! :w00:

Hello everyone!

Welcome to my fic's thread! So, after some time, and realizing this story is becoming very long, and will only get longer (a shit ton longer ^_^), I'm here to post the complete chapter list of each story! As for the original post, it is in the spoiler box at the top of the page, as I would never delete that ^_^

So, first up is the supplemental information for the fic, the links below will bring you elsewhere in the thread where I've posted it.

Additional Fic Information
Now for the important shit, the chapter list below will be updated periodically (basically when I post a new chapter, or shortly thereafter), and are broken up by arc, as with my standard signature in this thread. Please enjoy!

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy
Master Table of Contents (all links lead to fanfiction.net) If you're looking for my stories on AO3, go here

Origins Arc – Complete!

Angels Arc – Complete!

Resurgence Arc – Underway

Supplemental Stories – Underway
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:12 am, edited 103 times in total.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Re: New FanFic! Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:33 am

I actually need to get around to reading this after you asked me on ff.net :P

Going to make a start this afternoon I think, did mean to earlier but been really busy.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:27 pm

Just starting reading this finding it really enjoyable I will put up some reviews over on ff.net :)
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:26 pm

Just a quick update, I have fixed my grammatical errors for all of Episode I and posted them late last night, and inserted line breaks between each chapter section, for easier reading. I didn't notice I could that before, or I would have done so from the beginning.

Also a large thank you to those who have posted replies, :asuka_thumbsup: and to those of you who have read the story as well!
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:40 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Just a quick update, I have fixed my grammatical errors for all of Episode I and posted them late last night, and inserted line breaks between each chapter section, for easier reading. I didn't notice I could that before, or I would have done so from the beginning.

Also a large thank you to those who have posted replies, :asuka_thumbsup: and to those of you who have read the story as well!

No problem, as I said on FF.net looking forward to reading more. You did remind me that I should probably make a thread for my stuff on here sometime. Keep on forgetting.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:39 pm

Hello again!

Another update, The grammatical errors from the released chapters of Episode II have also been fixed. Chapter 11 will be released on Thursday. I'll post another update after the chapter has been loaded on FF.net

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:43 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Hello again!

Another update, The grammatical errors from the released chapters of Episode II have also been fixed. Chapter 11 will be released on Thursday. I'll post another update after the chapter has been loaded on FF.net

Don't beat yourself up to much about the grammar I think Evangelion fanfiction is one of those fanfictions where editing is a big thing. Looking forward to the next update as I'm really enjoying the first story and am just starting the second and its great that there will be more chapters.
:asuka_thumbsup:
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:04 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Don't beat yourself up to much about the grammar

This is really true, the ones that I noticed were fairly minimal and from my own experience it is really hard to catch mistakes like that. I edit my own works quite a lot and still miss a few. I've started reading through part 2 of it, looking forward to seeing more.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:21 pm

Hello again!

Another update for you EVA fans out there. Chapter 11 of Episode II is now up! Chapter 12 of Episode II and the first Chapter of Episode III should be out next week.

The links to the two stories I have posted are below.
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode I: The Phantom Menace Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode II: Attack of the Seeds In Process, 11 of 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode III: Revenge of Ikari is coming soon!
I'd also like to thank everyone on ff.net for the kind reviews and the continued reading. :asuka_happy:

silvermoonlight wrote:Don't beat yourself up to much about the grammar I think Evangelion fanfiction is one of those fanfictions where editing is a big thing. Looking forward to the next update as I'm really enjoying the first story and am just starting the second and its great that there will be more chapters.
:asuka_thumbsup:

jcmoorehead wrote:This is really true, the ones that I noticed were fairly minimal and from my own experience it is really hard to catch mistakes like that. I edit my own works quite a lot and still miss a few. I've started reading through part 2 of it, looking forward to seeing more.

Now as to the grammatical rewrites, I'm very appreciative of the concern you've shown. It was very nice of you to tell me to take it easy.
Thank you kindly  SPOILER: Show

I'm just anal retentive when it comes to that, I guess it's cause I'm half-German - it's the Grammar Nazi in me. This, by the way is how my mind treats me most of the time. It nags me a lot
My Mind Hates Me At Times  SPOILER: Show
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:38 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode III: Revenge of Ikari is coming soon!

General Jet-Alonevious when? :V
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:58 pm

BREAKING UPDATE

I have posted the last chapter of Episode II, and also posted the first chapter of Episode III. Time for some happy dancing.
HAPPY DANCE!  SPOILER: Show

I'd also like to thank everyone for the continued positive feedback on fanfiction.net. :shinjismile: :reioishi: Thank you for keeping me motivated! :asukahearts: :marihearts:

The links and status of the saga are below:
Origins Arc
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode II: Attack of the Seeds Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode III: Revenge of Ikari In Process, 1 of 12 Chapters
Angels Arc - Coming Soon!
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IV: The Last Hope
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VI: Return of Reality
Resurgence Arc - Under Construction...
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VII: Awakenings
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VIII: Echoes of the Past
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IX: Daybreak
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:54 pm

I feel obligated to repeat my review of Chapter 12 here, because reasons.

Fyrstorm wrote:Jesus Skateboarding Christ, Lilith. Go fuck yourself with the Lance of Longinus, you goddamn arsehole of a progenitor. At least Adam didn't torment his kids.

All in all, an interesting chapter. Did not expect Mari vs. Lilith.

Because really. Dick move, Lilith, dick move.
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:32 am

Ok, so I decided to do a post about why I named everything the way I did for this story. I didn't really go into a lot of detail before, and I realize the naming scheme can come off like some sort of crossover with Star Wars, but it's not. See my original post for this forum above for a rough plot synopsis of this AU.

So the reason I wanted to split the story into different arcs is because I wanted to split up the things that happened before, during, and after the show. Then I figured, with three arcs, each arc should have a beginning, middle, and end, which led me to parody the names of the (currently at time of posting) seven Star Wars movies that have been released.

The three arcs break down this way.
Origins Arc: All the events leading up to and immediately following Second Impact. Starts with the origins of SEELE, The Katsuragi Expedition, and of course Second impact. Delves into the backstories for several of the adult characters and shows the production of the Evangelions, and some of the struggles faced in their production.

Angels Arc: Pretty much the arc that will mirror the anime with the basic plot. Pretty much angels angels angels. It will also feature a no more hospital scene version of EoE, and Shinji making an different decision during Third Impact.

Resurgence Arc: The arc where additional angels and enemies appear, mainly the remains of SEELE trying to destroy NERV. It will take place several years after the end 3I. THis arc will culminate in a four part finale, aptly called "The End of Evangelion" which, yes, cliche, but totally worth it, and the name will take on a new meaning in the end.

So the meaning of the names of the stories are below

Origins Arc
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode I: The Phantom Menace: Well, the name itself references SEELE and the fact they work from the shadows. It's the only name I didn't change form the movies, because, well, it fit.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode II: Attack of the Seeds: This title references the two seeds and their discovery and also the fact that 2I takes place during this one.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode III: Revenge of Ikari: I named it this way because Gendo wants to get back at SEELE for what they did to Yui, and so he plots his revenge.

Angels Arc
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IV: The Last Hope: This title is a double reference. Part of it is naming the Evangelions are the last line of defense for humanity, and the second part of it is a reference to Shinji and his eventual role in deciding the fate of humanity.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back: Well, SEELE is pissed that things aren't going according to plan, so they step up their attacks on NERV, because they want their version of instrumentality.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VI: Return of Reality: I named this one for the fact the 3I happens during this one, and Shinji decides the fate of humanity.

Resurgence Arc
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VII: Awakenings: Well, after being dormant after 3I, the Evangelions wake up to counter a renewed angel threat.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VIII: Echoes of the Past: This episode is named for a few Angel grudge matches that will occur, as well as some other moments to bring back memories of past battles.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IX: Daybreak: I chose this episode name as an homage to the three part finale episode of the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica. This one will feature the aptly named final four chapters "The End of Evangelion" which as I mentioned above is very cliche, but I will embrace it. The episode name also points out that the characters are coming out of the perpetual night that SEELE has had over the world for so long.

So now the cast have some stuff to do, like save the world.
SPOILER: Show
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:15 am

Chapter 2 of Episode III has been submitted. It's title is When Shinji Met Asuka... prepare for some feels folks.

Again, I'd like to thank everyone who's been reading and a special thanks to those who have been reviewing them as well.

You can check out my fanfiction account in my signature below, or follow the massive list to each of the posted stories. Your choice!

Origins Arc
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode I: The Phantom Menace; Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode II: Attack of the Seeds; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; In Process, 2 of 12 Chapters
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:05 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Chapter 2 of Episode III has been submitted. It's title is When Shinji Met Asuka... prepare for some feels folks.

Great chapter I really enjoyed it :asuka_happy:

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:29 pm

I have posted two new Chapters for Episode III!
Chapter 3 - Contact Lost
Chapter 4 - The Sorrow of Gendo Ikari

Be prepared for a lot of feels... I apologize in advance.

Again, I truly appreciate the continued support of those commenting, reading, and favoriting my story. I really means a lot, and makes all the time I spend on writing this so very worth it.
Thank you so much!  SPOILER: Show

You can check out my fanfiction account in my signature below, or follow the massive list to each of the posted stories. Your choice!

Origins Arc
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy – Episode I: The Phantom Menace; Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode II: Attack of the Seeds; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; In Process, 4 of 12 Chapters
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:40 pm

Well these to chapters really broke my feels and were one hell of a ride can not wait for the next updates. :asuka_sad:

SPOILER: Show

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:05 pm

Hello again everyone!

So, seeing as I have released a third of the chapters for Episode III, I figured I'd give you the titles of remaining chapters for the Episode.
    Chapter 5 - Please Don't leave Me
    Chapter 6 - My Sorrow, Your Hope
    Chapter 7 - Raggedy Asuka
    Chapter 8 - Best Served Cold
    Chapter 9 - University Blues
    Chapter 10 - Death and Rebirth
    Chapter 11 - Isolation and Rage; Shattered Lives
    Chapter 12 - Return from Beyond
I'm sure some of you can guess the contents of a few of these chapters, while others will remain a mystery.

Also, just so you know, this is coming soon in Episode IV: The Last Hope.
Evangelion Unit-01, Launch!!!

Origins Arc
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode II: Attack of the Seeds Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode III: Revenge of Ikari In Process, 4 of 12 Chapters

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 am

I have just posted the next three chapters detailing the lives of our three young pilots after the accident that took their mothers away from them.

So here for your reading pleasure:
Be warned, these will probably draw out a bunch feels

Now it may seem strange that I release multiple chapters together, but its just how I do things. If chapters are interrelated in some way, or happen at around the same time frame, I try to release them together so they can be read imminently.

Speaking of multiple chapters, Chapters 8 and 9 will be coming out by next Saturday, and if all goes well, by the end of the month, the Origins Arc will be closed out with the end of Episode III, and the Angels arc will be opening with Episode IV, meaning the Angels will be arriving shortly.

Origins Arc
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode I: The Phantom Menace; Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; In Process, 7 of 12 Chapters

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:55 am

I did give a review for each chapter but very strong stuff in each chapter. Delving massively into the backgrounds of Asuka and Shinji and how their lives were affected by what happened to their mothers. Also I liked how you handled the creation of Rei as well.

I look forward to what comes next.

Return to “Fanfiction”