What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus
User avatar
Posts: 4811
Joined: Oct 08, 2007
Location: The Land Up Over
Gender: Male

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:53 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Didn't you notice that the Wam stopped working in the ending (and the other artefacts as well)?

I suspect that the "child" professor got one working somehow.
"It's all fun and games till one of you gets my foot up your ass." - FofR, TrivialBeing.net Webmaster

"I blame teenage girls for everything." - Dr. Dave

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland
User avatar
Age: 71
Posts: 9225
Joined: Nov 18, 2012
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby pwhodges » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:09 pm

Well the plan is clearly to leave humanity to develop their own way to access the anisotropic, though I expect that they think it'll take a little longer than that even if her work becomes the basis for it.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: "Don't take Rei!" (details); Past avatars.
Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FrDougal9000
Lilith
User avatar
Age: 21
Posts: 125
Joined: May 11, 2013
Location: Cork, Ireland
Gender: Male

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby FrDougal9000 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:33 pm

So, I ended up watching episodes 18-21 of Gurren Lagann yesterday. The fact that I was hooked enough not just three, but FOUR, episodes in one sitting likely speaks volumes of how much I've gotten into this show. Unfortunately, watching more than a couple of episodes results in them blurring together in my mind, so I'm not really going to detail my thoughts on each episode like previous posts. However, I will note things that stood out to me in some way:

-Everyone in the Gurren government wears special uniforms, which are adorned with a certain number of stars depending on their rank. Pilots like Gimmy and Darry get one star, guys in higher up positions like Leeron, Rossiu and nearly everyone else from Team Dai-Gurren get two stars, while Simon gets three stars. I wouldn't note this, if not for the fact that Simon's prison uniform has three scratches where his stars would be. That's a pretty cool touch.

-I really like the downbeat remix of Rap Is Man's Soul (also known as the 'Row Row Fight The Power' song) played at the end of Episode 19. I'm not really a fan of GL's soundtrack, but I feel like this piece is not only one of the show's best tunes, but it also helped to make Simon's imprisonment a much more memorable scene than it otherwise would have been. Very nicely done.

-Maybe it's because I've spent more effort just keeping track of everything that's going on and what's changed, but the storyboarding hasn't been particularly impressive in some time. I'm not saying any of it's bad, but it never stood out to me the way episodes 3, 5 or 11's storyboards did. Hopefully, that'll change up as we head into space.

-Did we really need to dedicate most of an episode to know that Yoko went off to be a teacher for a bit? There's nothing wrong with it, and I'm sure I'd have no problem with it if I actually liked Yoko (she does nothing for me), but I didn't feel like there was anything particularly well done that it couldn't have been condensed into the first half of the episode. Provide a 'past/present' contrast between the two halves, maybe? Oh well.

At this stage, I think I get more enjoyment from just watching Gurren Lagann than I do from thinking about what's happened. I don't know if that's a criticism of the show, or simply an acknowledgement of my feelings towards it. Either way, I've only six episodes left. Let's keep going forward, and see what lies ahead! (Though I'm going to leave it at two episodes per sitting, so that more of each episode actually sticks out in my mind!)
Pen-Pen died for your sins!

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus
User avatar
Posts: 4811
Joined: Oct 08, 2007
Location: The Land Up Over
Gender: Male

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now Bl

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Alaska Slim » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:58 am

Knights & Magic

Ah darn, I want to like this series, the Da vinci-esce line drawings we see of the mecha are pure metal, and I was simply giddy seeing this "historical" image:

Image




But it keeps making the Naruto mistake of having almost no world building; nothing to indicate that these people actually live in this world, so much as apart from it.

Very little of the setting is adapted either to the threat of giant bugs roaming the countryside, or the technology of the giant robots used to guard the people.


You don't see giant causeways around the city for the robots to travel through to expedite movement. The wagons don't seat the driver in a place where they have 360 view of their surroundings, the horses aren't covered in spikes to deter bugs from grabbing them ( or at least give the bugs indigestion). The Grandfather didn't have a spear or polearm that would have made more sense in combating large creatures, or at least something with more heft to cause damage/knock away giant claws.

And we see this isn't simply because that wagon was dedicated-civilian use; even the convoy of students expecting to run into creatures weren't equipped this way. They don't even make camp the way someone expecting a omni-directional threat would.


I've yet to see a justification for the main character being a reincarnated Japan-man. There are other ways to make a kid like this precocious and serious minded about robots. He also isn't utilizing "knowing humor" about his situatio like how, say, Kazuma does to comment about a world operating under RPG-logic.

It's the first episode, maybe they'll make better use of this last aspect, or maybe they'll make the battles interesting/gritty enough for me to ignore the rest... but at the moment, my suspicions are that I'm watching lazy wish fulfillment.
"It's all fun and games till one of you gets my foot up your ass." - FofR, TrivialBeing.net Webmaster

"I blame teenage girls for everything." - Dr. Dave

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

IronEvangelion
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 29
Posts: 1491
Joined: Oct 14, 2014
Location: The Hype Train bound for Midgar!

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby IronEvangelion » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:37 pm

Girls und Panzer: der Film. It was pretty good, I like the large-scale battles in this one. I liked the friendly match at the beginning of the movie a lot better than the actual main-event match, though. The enemy university team (whose name I have already forgotten) in the main battle had 30 tanks, but the vast majority of them were the exact same model. I got tired of seeing the Pershings pretty fast. Most of the battle was forgettable because all the Pershing scenes blended together. There were thankfully a few unique tanks on the enemy team to spice things up, otherwise the match would have been boring as hell. The segment with the Gustav Morser in particular was a lot of fun to watch. It was also cool to see Miho and her older sister Maho team up at the end to take down the enemy leader (whose name I have also forgotten, those girls were pretty forgettable), but there was too much WTF going on in that fight for me to enjoy it a whole lot (tanks racing around like rally cars on a 45-degree slope!?).

I do like how they gave Duck Team an important role in this movie, instead of them being relegated to a support role like in the TV series. I also like how Rabbit Team actually got some exposition/development here (in the TV series, we didn't get any information about them other than their names). Come to think about it, a lot of the Ooarai secondary teams got more meaningful screentime here than they did in the entire TV series. My favorite addition, though, was the new Chi-Ha-tan School. Those girls and their single-minded obsession with charging at the enemy regardless of whether or not it was a good idea (to the point where other friendly tanks had to physically block them from suicide-charging) managed to be both hilarious and endearing at the same time. They have become my favorite school in the series, though Ooarai's Duck Team remains my favorite individual tank team.

I do wish we had gotten to see the Maus again, though. It puzzled me as to why Kuromimimimimimimine (or however it's spelled) neglected to bring their strongest tank to a university-level battle. A fight between that thing and the enemy team's T28 superheavy would have been awesome.
Final Fantasy VII is being remade, all's right with the world.
BASCH LIVES 2017
#1 Duck Team/Akebi Sasaki (Girls und Panzer) fan.
"There are two things I can't stand: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch." -Nigel Powers (Austin Powers: Goldmember)
"Oh no, Haruka! My butt's already split! I think my whole team's butts are split!" -Minori (Senran Kagura: Estival Versus)

robersora
Evangelion
Evangelion
User avatar
Age: 25
Posts: 3316
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Europe, Austria
Gender: Male

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby robersora » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:39 am

Royal Space Force Honneamise:

Since the Blue Uru Movie has finally entered production, I figured I'd erase one of my last huge gaps in GAINAX history. After watching, I honestly don't know, what took me so long.
This movie is definitely a Slice of Life with the vague promise to go to space - Basically like the Space Brothers - but superior in almost every way.
For starters, I love mah boy Lhadatt. His expressions, his way of talking, his mannerisms. SUPER HOT. He immediately made me wanna watch the movie. Now I finally better understand the imminent appeal of K-On!. BUT like K-On, this movie's qualities go far beyond a hot MC. I love the world they crafted, brought to life by innumerable small moments between the cast. In terms of adding flavor through character animation this movie might be one of the best. It was just a blast watching whatever was going on. Also it looks amazing, but it sounds kinda weird. Kinda jarring, .... I'm not sure, but the music might be a point I didn't like.
So this movie has the imminent appeal of a gorgeous production featuring amazing animation used purposefully, backed up by winding, but always entertaining writing, which reminded me a lot of Windaria from the same decade.
Speaking of purposeful animation - this was something I dearly missed from AKIRA, which seemed to care only for the spectacle for the spectacle's sake. Which can be cool, but bored the hell out of me. I might have liked it more, if I didn't think that Akira's aesthetic is god-awful
Benath the surface level appeal of a high-level production filled with people you wanna hang out with, Honneamise has a very subtle thematic conflict between technological advancements and chaste frugality running throughout. It's done in a good way, swinging neither in favor for one or the other side. It definitely made think about this topic once again, but alas, after consuming so much media and being 25, I don't feel like the movie had anything profound to add to that conflict.

In the end, I'm glad I've watched it. I think, I'd think of it as a masterpiece, had I watched this movie in the 80s, aged 25, without prior anime exposure.
I still enjoyed it a whole lot, but it didn't quite blow my mind. 8/10
2Q||3.33 _ 神殺しを行う
Decadent Stoned Slacker Socialist

chazthesilencer
Armisael
Armisael
User avatar
Posts: 915
Joined: May 22, 2008
Location: Pole Land
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby chazthesilencer » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:22 pm

View Original Postrobersora wrote:BUT like K-On, this movie's qualities go far beyond a hot MC

lolwut Did one of the K-On girls catch fire at some point? I don’t understand this statement otherwise.
Come on, Rob, you can't post anything about Honneamise without at least mentioning that scene. It's a rule.

Dragon Ball Super's tournament of power has begun. My inner 12 year old is very happy.
EGF's best posts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

A blog I sometimes write something about stuff on

robersora
Evangelion
Evangelion
User avatar
Age: 25
Posts: 3316
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Europe, Austria
Gender: Male

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby robersora » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:30 pm

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:lolwut Did one of the K-On girls catch fire at some point? I don’t understand this statement otherwise.

I always thought a big point of appeal was that the K-On! cast was that the cast was considered desirable, something I can't judge since there's no men in K-On.

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:Come on, Rob, you can't post anything about Honneamise without at least mentioning that scene. It's a rule.

SPOILER: Show
Do you mean the rape scene without consequence, because she basically says it's her fault?
2Q||3.33 _ 神殺しを行う
Decadent Stoned Slacker Socialist

Ray
Elder God
Elder God
Age: 23
Posts: 6034
Joined: Feb 10, 2014
Location: USA
Gender: Male

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Ray » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:42 pm

It was the 80's , some anime studios back then wouldn't agree to fund a project if there wasn't going to be some hentai content in it. Because before the internet ruined it for everyone, you were almost always guaranteed a return on an OVA with explicit content in it.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!

Avatar:
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

robersora
Evangelion
Evangelion
User avatar
Age: 25
Posts: 3316
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Europe, Austria
Gender: Male

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby robersora » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:55 pm

^
SPOILER: Show
But there is no explicit content. He gets knocked out before anything happens.
2Q||3.33 _ 神殺しを行う
Decadent Stoned Slacker Socialist

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus
User avatar
Posts: 4811
Joined: Oct 08, 2007
Location: The Land Up Over
Gender: Male

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:45 am

Aho Girl

The male lead just... punched a girl. Really hard. This is really bothering me for some reason.
"It's all fun and games till one of you gets my foot up your ass." - FofR, TrivialBeing.net Webmaster

"I blame teenage girls for everything." - Dr. Dave

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Justacrazyguy
Pilot
Pilot
User avatar
Age: 21
Posts: 2249
Joined: Jul 06, 2012
Location: Portugal, Kingdom of Al-Garbh
Gender: Male

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Justacrazyguy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:36 am

^
And that girls mother wants to get her married with the guy that beats the shit out of her daily. So yeah.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma
User avatar
Age: 35
Posts: 22555
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: 高地園、新槍ノ島
Gender: Female

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:54 pm

I wonder if "that scene" from Royal Space Force is the real reason I haven't been in any hurry to revisit the film after over ten years. I honestly had erased THAT SCENE from conscious memory, but, being reminded of its existence, that weird squicky feeling is back...
Avatar: Guu is uncertain...
Crying Man
(Or, How Dr. Katsuragi Found God): Read at AO3 & Discuss Here.
Status: First Draft. Chapter 10: Idle Hands released 5/24/2017.

"Fighting idiocy is like fighting a hydra. Cut off one head, two more grow back and need to tell you their uninformed opinion." - PeeJee, Something*Positive

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus
User avatar
Posts: 4811
Joined: Oct 08, 2007
Location: The Land Up Over
Gender: Male

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:43 am

Man, I like Atom: The Beginning, but I keep fustrating myself while watching it, partly out of wishing it was a different show (sort of like how I watch Lupin III, wishing it was anime Ocean's 11, but keep getting a gag show with James Bondisms thrown in.)

I want it to be a hot-blooded anime robot fight show. But what it wants to be is the story of an emerging human-like AI, and the pressures that are pushing it towards self-awareness.

That's not a bad thing to be; it just makes me feel like the OP is misleading.


The other frustration (and again, just like film or series plot Lupin III), is that I wish the plot points were a little better thought out.

"This developer is bad, because they work for a major military contractor"


...Says the show that based its high school competition on one held by DARPA. Why the hell would military contractor involvement be scandalous? This is a form of phoning in of intrigue that bores me stiff.

It's not like you couldn't create a way for this to be scandalous, (robot is given a technology that breaks the rules, the contractor buys out suppliers to starve competition of parts, cover up of a malfunction that makes deployment of said bot dangerous, etc.) but no, invocation of there being a "military contractor" in the competition is supposed to be enough.
"It's all fun and games till one of you gets my foot up your ass." - FofR, TrivialBeing.net Webmaster

"I blame teenage girls for everything." - Dr. Dave

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Gus Hanson
Leliel
Leliel
Age: 29
Posts: 730
Joined: Oct 24, 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
Gender: Male

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:38 pm

Hajimete no Gal episode 1

Certainly brings a lot to the table in how to get away with censorship of the naughty bits without using the usual white mosaic. Like a huge heart in Yukana's panty shots and female hands covering her breasts in Junichi's fantasies during the confession scene. That aside, idk if 10 episodes plus an OVA is enough length to flesh out Yukana at least who might hide an ulterior motive behind admitting she wants to go out with Junichi despite prior scenes showing her disgusted with his behavior.
Gundam Wing is the N-Sync of mecha anime. - NemZ

Gus Hanson
Leliel
Leliel
Age: 29
Posts: 730
Joined: Oct 24, 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
Gender: Male

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:31 pm

In my week of anime viewing, I saw episode 1 of Martian Successor Nadesico, episodes 1-4 of Tenchi Muyo! OVA series Japanese subbed then for comparison, I tried out the first episode English dubbed.

Since I saw Nadesico subbed and I hadn't seen it in a long time, I have to say that the voice work is stellar. Houko Kuwashima in her debut role as Yurika sounds so cute and especially when you consider she's the captain and somewhat of a love struck ditz, it fits perfectly.

I knew that the dubbed episodes of Tenchi Muyo! OVA had the ED songs dubbed as well at least as far as I knew when I still had the VHS tape of episodes 5 and 6 for reference. Also, the "Next Time" crawls had no dialogue compared to the Japanese version speaking of which, I prefer now the original lyrics of the ED song over the English one. I think Chisa Yokoyama (voice of Sasami) sang it and I should be grateful since she's got a beautiful voice both singing and speaking.
Gundam Wing is the N-Sync of mecha anime. - NemZ

Guy Nacks
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Posts: 2769
Joined: Nov 28, 2012
Gender: Male

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Madoka Magica: Rebellion

Well...that took the whole story to its logical conclusion.



I've heard comparisons between this film and Q because of how polarizing they are within their respective fandoms, but, whereas I still think Q is seriously flawed, I can totally embrace and get behind Rebellion.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland
User avatar
Age: 71
Posts: 9225
Joined: Nov 18, 2012
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby pwhodges » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:24 am

Heh! In this case I disagree with you completely, and would reverse those comments between the films.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: "Don't take Rei!" (details); Past avatars.
Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Guy Nacks
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Posts: 2769
Joined: Nov 28, 2012
Gender: Male

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:49 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Heh! In this case I disagree with you completely, and would reverse those comments between the films.


Well, to each his/her own. I think it's more a statement on my current personal philosophy at this point in time.


Altruism is a paradox.

Time is a flat circle.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Joy Evangelion
Israfel
Israfel
User avatar
Age: 27
Posts: 491
Joined: Jun 12, 2013
Location: South Side, Chicago, USA
Gender: Male

Re: What anime are you watching right now? Summer 2016 to now

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:57 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Madoka Magica: Rebellion

Well...that took the whole story to its logical conclusion.



I've heard comparisons between this film and Q because of how polarizing they are within their respective fandoms, but, whereas I still think Q is seriously flawed, I can totally embrace and get behind Rebellion.


The last couple episodes of the Madoka series are a little too happy, aren't they? It's sort of like if in Episode 25' of NGE Shinji saved Asuka from the Harpies then in 26' used the magical powers of Shogouki to eliminate all of the anxiety and loneliness in the world. I do love the ending of the series(who doesn't remember watching those last three episodes for the first time??) but yea, Rebellion does seem to be more of a fitting ending. The first time I watched Rebellion I felt a little bit betrayed, like I did on my first viewing of old EoE(except I was a lot less traumatized[I never felt too betrayed by Q because Anno can't fool me twice]), but then I rewatched the whole series and basically realized how bats Homura was, then I watched Rebellion again and really really loved it.

But, the most mind boggling thing about Rebellion and its tone is the fact that in the two compilation films that came before it the scene in which Homura basically tells Sayaka she's prepared to kill her for Madoka's sake was omitted. On my rewatch that scene was one of the ones that allowed me to get behind Rebellion.

Anyway, Rebellion is so great. The OP, the ED, the transformation scene, the cake scene, I could watch it everyday man.

pwhodges wrote:Heh! In this case I disagree with you completely, and would reverse those comments between the films.

Can I like them both? haha

Gus Hanson wrote:Hajimete no Gal episode 1

I love the English translation title; My First Girlfriend is a Gal. Possibly the worst annimay title of all time?

Alaska Slim wrote:Knights & Magic



How are you liking this one four weeks in, Alaska Slim? I wasn't too wild about that first episode either, but I'm kind of liking it so far. They're not making an anime that's going to change the world or anything, but the show comes across like some nice fun pop song; don't have to think about it too much to enjoy it. The idea of a model builder getting a chance to build mechs is pretty cool, though I'm not quite sure why they made the MC look like a girl.

The only other show I'm watching this season is Sakura Wars, which had a pretty good episode this week. The characters are all pretty real, in that you can pretty much understand where they're all coming from and why they do the things they do. None of the characters are easy to dislike, which is one of the better things I think you can say about a series.

I'm also watching Space Dandy, which is actually better than I thought it'd be. About half of the way through; some of these episodes are weird, man. Anyone have any idea how much input Watanabe had in this thing?

About three fourths done with Special A, which is a pretty delightful shoujo school romance. The MCs are a girl who likes pro wrestling and a guy who's the only person she knows who's better at life than she is(like in Kare Kano) I love these types of shows(like Korean daily dramas) because our whole cast gets to find people to fall in love with, like it's easy as can be. Very recommended if you're into that sort of thing.

Also watching Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash(I think that's its title). Pretty decent fantasy "people stuck in another world" anime with an emphasis on character development and music(seriously how many songs are played in this show?), though if you watch enough anime you kind of can see where this one's going before it gets there.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!


Return to “Anime and Manga”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests