The Puppy Lady

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
namada
Embryo

The Puppy Lady

•      
  •      

Postby namada » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:15 am

So I was watching eva episode 10, and in one scene we see this unknown person talking to Kaji about very top-secret sounding things as if they have known each other for a long time or at least have some level of trust between each other.

SPOILER: Show

(she is the one talking here)

Without any proof at all besides this scene, I've come to think that maybe this person is very important to the story:
Could the puppy lady be the one who killed Kaji?

Edit: I haven't seen the show in many years (I like the rebuilds a lot because they're shorter and easier for me to watch) so forgive me if this is a known + semi important character

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Re: The Puppy Lady

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:33 am

Kaji is a triple agent working for the Japanese government, Nerv, and Seele. This would appear to be his contact within the Japanese government. They have another conversation regarding the Marduk Institute.

It's unlikely that she is the one that killed Kaji, or that anybody else in the Japanese government is responsible. Before his death, Kaji double crossed Nerv by kidnapping Fuyutsuki, and later Seele by releasing Fuyutsuki back to Nerv. Fuyutsuki warned him that this stunt would cost him his life, but Kaji insisted that his only goal was to learn the truth. The natural assumption is that Seele is responsible for Kaji's death, hiring some random goon to pull the trigger.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

namada
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby namada » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:49 am

Thank you for the in-depth response! Now that i know this woman probably isn't the killer I think that it would be cool if there is a point in the show where you see the person who kills him at least once, similar to this scene. It feels kind of sad if someone we haven't seen even in the background did it.

BC Baron
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby BC Baron » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:21 am

I wonder if the so called "puppy lady" from episode 10 and the "cat lady" from episode 15 are actually one in the same. Kaji meets up with her in Kyoto near the beginning of that episode while researching dummy corporations associated with the Marduke Institute.

Due to the whole feline connection, I think it might've been kinda interesting if this unnamed informant turned out to be Ritsuko's grandmother, but I don't think the series ever followed up on Kaji's extracurricular activities enough to give the audience any indication one way or another.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:15 pm

Dog Lady and Cat Lady not only look different, they have different VAs (former is Junko Iwao, aka Hikari; latter is Miki Nagasawa, aka Maya), so chances of them being the same aren't good.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:24 pm

View Original PostBC Baron wrote:Due to the whole feline connection, I think it might've been kinda interesting if this unnamed informant turned out to be Ritsuko's grandmother, but I don't think the series ever followed up on Kaji's extracurricular activities enough to give the audience any indication one way or another.

There's some justification to the "Grandmother Theory" since Ritsuko seems to recognize the cat trinket Kaji gives her later in the episode.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:04 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Dog Lady and Cat Lady not only look different, they have different VAs (former is Junko Iwao, aka Hikari; latter is Miki Nagasawa, aka Maya), so chances of them being the same aren't good.

How about the odds of them representing the same agency? (ie, the Japanese government; that's the only particular detail that matters to me)
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:54 pm

Seems likely and would explain why they're linked the way they are. I'll look through my books later and see if anything is mentioned.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”