Why is a big 3?

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
User avatar
Age: 15
Posts: 154
Joined: Jul 09, 2016
Location: Riiiiiiiight into the news!
Gender: Male

Why is a big 3?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:06 pm

There are thousands of animes out there and only 3 shows are popular?Why,this isn't console wars to choose only 3?And why are they so long?
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

NONAME
Embryo
User avatar
Age: 21
Posts: 35
Joined: Jul 03, 2016
Location: The glorious land.
Gender: Male

Re: Why is a big 3?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby NONAME » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Do you mean the super-known shonen? I guess it's because it's the most visible part of the anime, and not many people want to involve more. It is a course that only a few people get rid. I agree with you, it's ironic that they watch series with infinite chapters, when they could watch better series with no many chapters.

Why are they so long? Because of the money, and the audience, who is always wanting more.
Morning... The start of today... The start of an unpleasant day... I don't like it.

Sicarius VI
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 21
Posts: 1143
Joined: Aug 12, 2014
Location: United States
Gender: Male

Re: Why is a big 3?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sicarius VI » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:27 pm

^ I agree. While I am a fan of One Piece, I will say a factor is always getting more out of the IP compared to shows that have ended. Believe me once these Big 3 have ended other shows will take their place, it's just because they've been running for so long and started during the right time to attract their audience.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
User avatar
Age: 15
Posts: 154
Joined: Jul 09, 2016
Location: Riiiiiiiight into the news!
Gender: Male

Re: Why is a big 3?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:28 pm

View Original PostNONAME wrote:Do you mean the super-known shonen? I guess it's because it's the most visible part of the anime, and not many people want to involve more. It is a course that only a few people get rid. I agree with you, it's ironic that they watch series with infinite chapters, when they could watch better series with no many chapters.

Why are they so long? Because of the money, and the audience, who is always wanting more.

I agree and Evangelion, a 26 ep. series with massive budget cuts is much more better than this 6000+ ep. shounen combined.And there are so long because these creators have a boner to filer.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

NONAME
Embryo
User avatar
Age: 21
Posts: 35
Joined: Jul 03, 2016
Location: The glorious land.
Gender: Male

Re: Why is a big 3?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby NONAME » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:34 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:^ I agree. While I am a fan of One Piece, I will say a factor is always getting more out of the IP compared to shows that have ended. Believe me once these Big 3 have ended other shows will take their place, it's just because they've been running for so long and started during the right time to attract their audience.


I have to confess that I'm still watching Naruto Shippuden and I don't even know why, since the manga had already finished and the chapter are most of the time disappointing, not to mention the shitty animation. I guess it's more like a habit. I think I have been watching it for about 10 years, so that proves your point too.
Morning... The start of today... The start of an unpleasant day... I don't like it.

Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx
Tunniel
User avatar
Age: 15
Posts: 154
Joined: Jul 09, 2016
Location: Riiiiiiiight into the news!
Gender: Male

Re: Why is a big 3?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Xxx_Generic Name_Xxx » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:44 pm

View Original PostNONAME wrote:I have to confess that I'm still watching Naruto Shippuden and I don't even know why, since the manga had already finished and the chapter are most of the time disappointing, not to mention the shitty animation. I guess it's more like a habit. I think I have been watching it for about 10 years, so that proves your point too.

Well that's me when I watch Bleach,the story is a let-down after the soul society arc and the animation is terrible,but I still watch/read it.
Asuka Langley Soryu is our Lord and Saviour.

Sicarius VI
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Age: 21
Posts: 1143
Joined: Aug 12, 2014
Location: United States
Gender: Male

Re: Why is a big 3?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:25 am

One Piece has been pretty upbeat, we probably got the best Arc in all of the series so far being Zou. It's literally the most information Luffy has gotten to finding the One Piece because he actually know where to go now, it's just a matter of a few other problems he need to deal with before that.

The anime finished the 2 year long Dressrosa arc and is currently in filler, the animation for a lot isn't usually that good or is downright shitty. Even in moments where it should be super it just doesn't look like it. One Piece is far better being a Manga than an Anime IMO.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Stan
Zeruel
Zeruel
User avatar
Age: 24
Posts: 846
Joined: May 15, 2011
Location: Toronto
Gender: Male

Re: Why is a big 3?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Stan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:51 pm

The big 3 don't exist anymore, this concept has slowly died out post 2010. That's what it feels like.

View Original PostXxx_Generic Name_Xxx wrote:Well that's me when I watch Bleach,the story is a let-down after the soul society arc and the animation is terrible,but I still watch/read it.


I disagree.

Bleach story has ups and downs (not counting the filler), some parts are really good.
The animation is very good, much better than many other long running shonen shows. It beat Naruto and One Piece in the animation department.
Stay Positive, Be Kind, and Work Hard - then everything will be alright
Judge a man not by his wealth or class, but by the purity and kindness of his heart

Javik
Adam
Age: 27
Posts: 63
Joined: Dec 01, 2014

Re: Why is a big 3?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Javik » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:53 am

The big 3 wasn't really a random choice of manga, it specifically related to three best-selling shounen manga. That's something you can objectively measure.

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul
User avatar
Age: 20
Posts: 664
Joined: Apr 03, 2016
Location: Jahogal
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Why is a big 3?

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Director Black » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:52 pm

To me, saying that's there a big 3 of anime is bullshit. There's plenty of more influential anime shows besides those three.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.


Return to “Anime and Manga”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests