List of future promotional events?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
mammaluser
Adam

Re: List of future promotional events?

•      
  •      

Postby mammaluser » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:54 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Oh cool, I didn't know that. I checked the festival on Google and I also found old articles with Eva related stuff on those lanterns and it seems like they are going to appear during 7th-9th August.

- March 10th. The special re run of NGE on NHK ends with episode 26 on that day. After every episode they run a small special called "Evanashi" in which they interview famous japanes actors and ask them about their relationship with Evangelion. Maybe something can come out of this but I don't know how likely it is since the episode airs at 23:45 so it's a late hour.
- April 1st. Usual date for announcements in Japan due to the start of the fiscal year.
- July 19th. 20 years after the release date of EoE.
- August 7th-9th. Lantern festival.
- September 1st. 10 years after 1.0.
- November 12th. 5 years after Q.

Six dates now.

June 27th. 8 years after 2.0/Ha (i don't know if it's an important date, but i had to mention it nonetheless).
"I wish that i could turn back time..."

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Re:

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:20 pm

I could see them maybe doing a little drawing for the lantern festival or a full movie name reveal at the end of 2017. Don't think it'll be out this year lol.

View Original Postrobersora wrote:November 17, 2012 - 5 years since the release of Q.

Time flies :um:

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:11 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't expect anything other than April 1st, Q's TV release has been done for almost three years now and that's the latest we got any last minute advertising for the next movie. Anything else for me would be grasping at straws.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:22 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Oh cool, I didn't know that. I checked the festival on Google and I also found old articles with Eva related stuff on those lanterns and it seems like they are going to appear during 7th-9th August.

- March 10th. The special re run of NGE on NHK ends with episode 26 on that day. After every episode they run a small special called "Evanashi" in which they interview famous japanes actors and ask them about their relationship with Evangelion. Maybe something can come out of this but I don't know how likely it is since the episode airs at 23:45 so it's a late hour.
- April 1st. Usual date for announcements in Japan due to the start of the fiscal year.
- November 12th. 5 years after Q.

Six dates now.

I realised I've made a mistake here: episode 26 will air in March 17th and not on March 10th.
NHK also announced (http://www.nhk.or.jp/bs/lineup/pdf/bsp_nextmonth.pdf) they'll air Death & Rebirth on March 24th and The End of Evangelion on March 31th, coinciding with the already mentioned April 1st possible date.
So I guess I'm going to look forward to April 1st and thesubsequent disappointment, then I'm going to be disappointed again mid Summer.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:25 pm

The Eva website had an update about the movies airing on NHK BS Premium too. http://extr.b-ch.com/cgi-bin/eva_news/o ... ctg_c=1001 "BS Premium Edition?" I wonder what that's about? :???:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:24 am

Sounds like just a silly term for the movie airing on NHK BS Premium. Like if when Eva 2.22 aired on Toonami calling that "The Toonami Edition".

Fingers crossed though they'll do something Final related after EOE finishes airing. Having a 28 week long high-gloss NGE airing end on a date that usually involves major film announcements seems very intentional.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:57 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Sounds like just a silly term for the movie airing on NHK BS Premium. Like if when Eva 2.22 aired on Toonami calling that "The Toonami Edition".

Fingers crossed though they'll do something Final related after EOE finishes airing. Having a 28 week long high-gloss NGE airing end on a date that usually involves major film announcements seems very intentional.

I don't think they'll announce anything right after EoE, it's in the midle of the night and Eva is too big for that time slot.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:30 am

Like I said, fingers crossed. Not really expecting anything. But you never know with these films.
Very little in the major announcements/marketing of Rebuild makes practical sense or plays by actual rules so while it's fun to make guesses (And it is fun to put on a detective hat) I admit it is foolish to do so. Pretty much every revelation of new information regarding the film series since first announced in 2006 has been out of the blue. The last film dropped the official title at like the stroke of midnight on New Year's out of nowhere, threw out entire trailers that were just rotoscoped animation of rainbow pianos with zero actual footage & kept the entire narrative of the film a complete secret to the entire world right up until the first theatrical screenings finished on opening night. I wouldn't hold it past Anno & Co to not even announce the title of Final until the film is finished & then just go "Oh yeah, we quietly released the last Eva movie in theaters last night. You can get a ticket now."
That Khara Krew is an interesting bunch.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:41 am

We'll probably get something April 1st since that's when Japanese big announcements are made.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:55 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:We'll probably get something April 1st since that's when Japanese big announcements are made.

Maybe there's nothing to announce (yet).

I kinda hope they don't announce a date because I fear it's going to be a long time in the future (winter or 2018).

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:54 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Maybe there's nothing to announce (yet).

I kinda hope they don't announce a date because I fear it's going to be a long time in the future (winter or 2018).

They wouldn't announce a date unless it was somewhat nearby, Japan doesn't operate like Hollywood where they set dates for movies years in advance.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:36 pm

April 1st 2015 was when Shin Godzilla was announced.

At the VERY least, we'll get an international title.

My bets are on:
You Must (Not) Run Away
You Will (Not) Find Love
You Must (Not) Be
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:45 pm

"You Must (Not) Run Away" is the title I've been hoping for for years.
That and "You Can (Not) Die".

Of course I still expect to hear nothing on April 1st & quietly shrug.
But I've got hope.
You Can (Not) Hope?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:11 pm

If we take the start of this year as the start of real work on the film, then we are looking, realistically, at late 2018 for the release (this film is a big, big deal - they're not going to rush it! If they spend twice as long per minute as they did on The Dragon Dentist that'll be no surprise). I don't expect any announcement until New Year 2018.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Kvanu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Kvanu » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:01 pm

So now we have:

- January 1st. New Years Eve.

Bolded are sort of likely bets, italics are maybes.
()

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:30 am

Maybe it's relavant, maybe not, but Shin Godzilla is going to be aired on TV on November 12th. Considering the Evangelion x Godzilla partnership they could put a small teaser for 3.0+1.0 at the end.

420 posts here

Update: the twitter account of Eva Information retweeted the ammouncement. It may be something real.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:04 pm

That is MIGHTY CLOSE to the 5 year anniversary of Evangelion 3.0's theatrical release. I won't start doing backflips just yet but I will keep a close eye on my Twitter feed that day.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:08 am

Looks like NGE is getting another tv broadcast on AbemaTV along with Shin Godzilla: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-5252.html
Maybe something to keep an eye on?
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:58 am

So Shin Godzilla and "NGE theatrical edition" (I don't know what that is) both airs on November 12th. It's basically an "Anno day".

(I really hope for something, even a subtitle or a tentative release window).

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:38 pm

Fun trivia:

Someone on Twitter did the math and on October 14, 2017 we were exactly as many days from the Japanese theatrical release date of Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone as that film was from the theatrical release date of The End of Evangelion.

Anywho, I expect we're gonna start getting some details soon.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”