The Day The Clown Cried: Jerry Lewis Holocaust Movie

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

The Day The Clown Cried: Jerry Lewis Holocaust Movie

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:09 pm

I had to come back to let you all know this.

After decades of saying he will never allow the movie to be released, (for better or worse)The infamous Jerry Lewis World War II movie "The Day The Clown Cried" has been leaked online.

http://www.masslive.com/entertainment/i ... famed.html

It appears to be 100% legit.

The movie is has been mentioned in hushed whispers around Hollywood for a while apparently originally made as a serious WW2 drama and Tragedy, was interpreted as a horrible joke at the expense of Holocaust Survivors. The star of the film, Jerry Lewis himself has said he was thoroughly disgusted with the finished product, buying and destroying all but a few prints, not planning to have the film officially released until it enters the public domain decades after his death.

The plot is basically Jerry Lewis as a Jew that escapes death at a concentration camp by agreeing to lure innocent Jewish Children into the Gas Chamber by dressing as a clown. And his fear of death, conflicting with his genuine love for children.

Yikes.

As a follower of film history, I've wanted to see this film for years. But I don't want to disrespect the wishes of the actor, and the people involved.

You may as well hear news about it here.

Return to “Film and Video”