Preacher

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Preacher

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Mon May 23, 2016 3:01 am

Anybody watching this?

A couple of weeks ago I started reading the comics to prep for the series, but it seems they put the whole thing through a blender and focus-tested the shredded remains because this is pretty unrecognizable. I mean I figured they'd have to do some editing to avoid things like Sheriff Root blaming "martian niggers", but this is WAY past that.

I'm also amazed that they gave Arseface subtitles despite him being almost perfecty understandable, but not for Cassidy who I still can't understand after rewinding a few bits multiple times.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Re: Preacher

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon May 23, 2016 4:04 am

Funny you bring this up, and that you mention you're reading the comic; I'm actually planning on rereading it soon as well. Preacher was one of the very first series I read when I was actively getting into comics circa 2009-ish. Been feeling the need to revisit it for a while now. Don't know if I will bother with the TV show though, as I rarely, if ever, double-dip with properties. Evangelion is probably one of the few exceptions, having obviously seen the show and read the manga, too.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

xPearse
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby xPearse » Mon May 23, 2016 6:23 am

Do not like all the changes they're making. Especially to the characters and plot. I knew they would fuck it up but not this bad. It's not even Preacher. Why couldn't HBO make it instead of awful AMC?
SPOILER: Show

SPOILER: Show
Evangelion, Higurashi, Terra Formars and video game translations
http://pearsehillock.blogspot.co.uk/

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon May 23, 2016 8:08 pm

Haven't read any of the comic, but my bf is a fan so he tuned into the premier. I tried giving it my full attention. Nothing especially captured me, and I faded out a few times. Not having closed captions on was probably a bad idea. Hard to be interested when you can barely understand anything.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Film and Video”