Comic Books!

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Comic Books!

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:46 am

Hope this is the right place for this.

The sequel to the 1982 The Dark Crystal film called Power Of The Dark Crystal which never made got made in to a movie is coming out in comic book form just in case anyone's interested and a fan of the original film as the first issue is out now. ^_^

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dark-crystal-sequel-finally-coming-life-thanks-comic-book-series-949591
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:52 am

In preparation for the TV shows release there was a comic book adaptation of American Gods . And it's something else. . .

NSFW  SPOILER: Show

That's right boys and girls this is the infamous "vagina swallowing a man whole" scene from the book.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:20 pm

The Peter Parker/Mary Jane Watson Marriage Will Never Ever Return “Up To Infinity” Says Dan Slott

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/18 ... dan-slott/

Since Slott is long, rude and rambling, I'll summarize. Peter and MJs marriage can never return. Other things from OMD can be addressed ( such as the deal with Mephisto) except the marriage itself. Changing editors won't fix that. Everyone at Marvel, from the interns to Disney overseers are against it, because they don't think people want to see an older 'married with Children' Spider-Man. Especially considering the current Spider-Man in their movies is a teenager (edit: gotta keep up dat brand synergy). Slott goes on to say he believes future fans will not care, because the events of OMD will always have been a part of the character for them and will not be "betraying any core value" with the character they currently know. You would get a hard reboot to high school Peter Parker before he gets married again. Renew Your Vows is the only outlet we will ever get for a married Parker in the comics.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:45 pm

People were just as certain Trump would never be president, and yet here we are. Would I bet money on it happening eventually? No. But anyone who's been reading comics for any length of time knows that just about anything is possible, and that dismissing any story idea, no matter how outlandish or inane, with such certainty is a fool's errand.

So, grab some salt and chill. It's not worth the irritation.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:10 pm

Marvel Releases a series of 'Multiverse' Mary Jane Themed covers.

http://imgur.com/a/4wRJ5

A lot of them are infinitely more interesting as concepts than the current run at Marvel.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:57 am

View Original PostRay wrote:In preparation for the TV shows release there was a comic book adaptation of American Gods . And it's something else. . .

NSFW  SPOILER: Show

That's right boys and girls this is the infamous "vagina swallowing a man whole" scene from the book.

Well, that is literally how it happened in the book. I wasn't really expecting them to water it down for the comic release (although I doubt it will appear on television). I think this artist has worked with Gaiman previously on one a Sandman mini-series, as well.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:26 am

We got a entire 5 issue Unworthy Thor mini series sold to us as male Thor discovering and eventually using the Ultimate Hammer... only for this to happen...
SPOILER: Show

Aaron is trolling us... fuck's sake man... I am done, so god damn done.

Plus they revealed what Fury said to Thor to make him Unworthy... and as everyone predicted...
"Gorr was right"

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:33 pm

Nice little BTS vid of artist Mark Brooks drawing a new Secret Empire cover with Thor, Wanda & Vision.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ixmig9bOcM

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu May 11, 2017 3:33 am

I finally finished up reading League of Extraordinary Gentlemen after years of putting it off, and to be honest I'm a little disappointed. Which I guess was part of the point of Century. The story is about disappointment, and frustration with the way the world turned out when compared to the dreams writers from the Pulp era the characters of the story originated imagined it to be.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu May 11, 2017 3:39 pm

I don't understand Moore anymore. (heh)

The ending of Black Dossier is one of the most thunderous declarations of the power of fiction I've ever read and the ending to League is an old man bitching that the trash these kids today read isn't cool anymore.

To me it reads as him being bitter that the whole fiction-as-magic thing has gone mainstream and he isn't quirky anymore. It makes me dislike him.

Dude has a serious case of magus-itus.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu May 11, 2017 4:36 pm

Alan has a history of getting screwed over by corporations.

First Marvel sued him and forced him to change the name of his character Marvel man to Miracle Man.

Then DC screwed him out of the rights to his Watchmen characters through a contract loophole. Which led to him refusing to work for either of the big two ever again.

Then came the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie, And it was bad. And not a Watchmen, V for Vendetta bad, or a Killing Joke bad. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen the film is terrible. It was so bad he actually took legal action to have his name removed from any future film adaptations of any of his works.

Alan Moore isn't so much mad that his ideas have gone mainstream it's that his ideas have been hijacked by corporations. Ever watch that episode of The Simpsons he did a guest cameo on?

" You ignorant- Corporations are like leeches! LEECHES! They take your ideas and dreams and suck them! suck them dry until they've gone every last drop of marrow from your bones!"
Last edited by Ray on Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri May 12, 2017 12:33 am

Harry Potter had to be shopped to dozens of publishers before one took a risk on it and J. K. Rowling is one of the richest authors, if not the richest, in human history. She wasn't exactly screwed and now she's got fuck you money and can declare a major character of her children's stories to be gay.

The idea that it was made to be mainstream is ludicrous. Rowling wanted to tell her story and she did it.

Before you point out that her work is derivative... let's remember that Alan Moore's most noteworthy works are all directly from, inspired by, or derived from other people's creations (which to varying degrees is true of all fiction...) or historical events.

Like I said, Alan Moore has a serious case of magusitis. You let too much power flow through you and you start to think you are the power, and the power inevitably decides to show you who's boss.

Yeah, the comic book companies screwed him, but tell it to Jack, man. Comic publishers and the film industry have fucking over writers as part of their business model. So it goes.

Oh, and look more into the League movie thing. Moore didn't arrange for his creator credit to be removed permanently from future films and books because of the poor perform,since of the film. Moore was called to testify in a suit against the production of the film by another script writer who claims that the final product has a lot in common with a similar script, which was titled Cast of Characters. He got salty because he got called into court and was exposed to the idea that he didn't invent crossover fanfics.

Moore wasn't even the first major author to do a mashup of Victorian and pulp heroes. It's old news.

I find it really strange and hypocritical that this guy is arguing that one period of fiction is better than another and derivative and successor works suck somehow when his entire career is built on taking other people's ideas and evolving them with fresh interpretations and concepts, something he's very good at.

Maybe it's the left hand path, maybe he's just old. He is what he is.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:55 pm

Dark Knight 3 - The Master Race is done, was very meh overall, however I highly recommend the final issue to people who believe Frank Miller hates Superman, people are calling the issue & especially the back up a apology of sorts or at least a affirmation that he understands Clark now.
How much of the issue was Miller or Azzarello's writing isn't clear but Miller did draw the back up so I think it's fair to conclude that he approved the message it sent.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:18 pm

In other more controversial news . . .The internet already spoiled this for everyone else.

Batman finally popped the Question to Catwoman.

It's not going to last. I mean seriously do you think Selena wants to be Damians stepmom?

We all know how this is going to end right? Selena's going to stick around for a few years but the writers aren't going to know what to do with the character, until eventually she just leaves Bruce again because " we worked better together when we weren't together".

Or the Multiverse will collapse in on itself again like it did with the new 52 and rebirth. Whichever comes first.

and. . . yeah can I just say what a phenomenally boneheaded Idea this is for the creative team?
Last edited by Ray on Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:09 am

"WHY CAN'T WE EVER DO ANYTHING WHEN IT"S DAYTIME AND NOT RAINING BRUCE?"
the prophecy is true

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:13 am

View Original PostRay wrote:
Batman finally popped the Question to Catwoman.

It's not going to last. I mean seriously do you think Selena wants to be Damians stepmom?

We all know how this is going to end right? Selena's going to stick around for a few years but the writers aren't going to know what to do with the character, until eventually she just leaves Bruce again because " we worked better together when we weren't together".

Or the Multiverse will collapse in on itself again like it did with the new 52 and rebirth. Whichever comes first.

and. . . yeah can I just say what a phenomenally boneheaded Idea this is for the creative team?

I guess the problem with the continuous nature of the comic book narrative is that characters with any kind of romantic attachment can never actually be in a relationship for too long.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:17 am

The constant reboots deboots underboots and das boots are proof that continuity is an anchor dragging down cape books.
the prophecy is true

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:04 pm

Now Aaron has revealed that Thor repeatedly cheated on Jane years ago...
I fucking hate Marvel so much...

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Well he is a God what did you expect? If Zeus couldn't keep it in his pants what makes you think Thor could?
Last edited by Ray on Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:31 pm

I quit reading all Marvel when One More Day happened and now I'm utterly confused as to what's going on.
the prophecy is true

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”