Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

antinitrogen
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby antinitrogen » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:38 am

Last edited by antinitrogen on Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Can't read a certain thread

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:34 am

It's not just you. Something is seriously broken here.

Stepping through the thread a post at a time, thread/2994/Extra-Curricular-Lesson-with-Hideaki-Anno/27/ works and thread/2994/Extra-Curricular-Lesson-with-Hideaki-Anno/28/ fails, so post 48 in the thread is the first suspect one. Similarly thread/2994/Extra-Curricular-Lesson-with-Hideaki-Anno/66/ works but thread/2994/Extra-Curricular-Lesson-with-Hideaki-Anno/65/ fails.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:51 pm

I'm still checking out the database to see what the problem is, but I suspect we've discovered an unaddressed hiccup from the big transfer to the new forum software. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, antinitrogen.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:09 pm

I did some digging. Post 48 of that topic is attached to a user_id whose user entry in the database... does not exist. And now to figure out what the hell happened there.

EDIT: The same user ID is missing from the equivalent table in my copy of the database from the previous iteration of the forum as well, and this orphan ID is attached to that same post. Weeeird.

EDIT: It seems pretty clear that the error is a result of the software being unable to display posts made by a user ID with no user entry in the database. So far I've identified two such "ghost users": 2028 and 3519. User 3519 gets quoted in that topic, and from that I learned that his name was "kenbladex4", but nobody quoted user 2028.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:15 am

The Wayback Machine isn't being particularly helpful at getting at the affected pages or members, either.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:28 pm

Tonight I'll create some fake user entries for these user IDs so that those pages will (I hope) be visible.

EDIT: I didn't. :(
System Administrator

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”