a new viewer's reactions when it all tumbles down

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
mammaluser
Adam

Re: a new viewer's reactions when it all tumbles down

•      
  •      

Postby mammaluser » Sat May 14, 2016 7:42 pm

View Original PostHannibal942 wrote:I am another new viewer who just completed the original series (DC episodes) and EoE. I shall preface this with a quick note: I really dislike most anime. There's always something small that completely throws off the entire production for me. Either it's really weak writing, blatant fan-service (which I despise), or some otaku bullshit. Most anime feels like it was written by people who don't understand how humans interact. I had watched the first episode of Eva years ago, and decided it wasn't for me. For whatever reason, I decided to give it another try.

I sit here, physically shaken by the end of EoE. I feel nauseous, and sick, and as a film student I haven't been this excited by anything I've watched in a very long time. I'll post back here once I've let my thoughts coalesce, as I felt the ending of EoE was one of the most bleak artistic experiences I have ever encountered.

Never in my life (short one btw) have i seen someone being soo moved by EoE!, will be waiting for your next post c:
"I wish that i could turn back time..."

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”