Evolved Genesis Arvongelion

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

CarlosIXA
Embryo

Evolved Genesis Arvongelion

•      
  •      

Postby CarlosIXA » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:59 am

I'm going to post this here, for the sake of my own collective sanity. Basically, this is a story I thought up back in 2011 (and wrote the first few chapters for during that timeframe) which is receiving a fresh coat of paint. This post will serve to make this topic (which'll be considered my work place for the time being), the eventual table of contents as we reach a point where such a thing will be useful, and as the place where I'll post up an archive of the original 14 chapters of this story.

Be warned, though; the original chapters of what was originally Evolved Genesis Marker are probably going to be one of the most idiotic things ever written and conceived. After reading it, you'll be surprised that anything good could be salvaged from it.

To end this, I hope you enjoy reading Arvongelion as much I'll enjoy writing it.

----

Table of Contents -
ARVONGELION - verse (Prologue)

----

Archive of EGM

----

before you ask, no, the title isn't just a nonsensical replacement of letters (Arvongelion) or words (Evolved). It'll make sense in due time.
Last edited by CarlosIXA on Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evolved Genesis Arvongelion - go here

CarlosIXA
Embryo

Re: Evolved Genesis Arvongelion

•      
  •      

Postby CarlosIXA » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:48 pm

ARVONGELION - verse

SPOILER: Show
The black sky, covered in murky haze and the violent winds which swirl around and blare the sounds of crashing air smashing into each other, hovers overhead. It, however, cannot escape being pierced by this pillar of white light, pulsing from the ground and overshadowing the overall darkness which has veiled the environment in a tight film of greys. This high frequency squeal echoes from the pillar as it continues to pulsate and stab through the dark clouds. It is almost a cacophony of deafening noise here, where it almost seems like the sound made when the natural world is violated and abused.

Industrial buildings litter the landscape around the base of the light, the streets empty and abandoned, pile ups of vehicles lay bare and still, even at the scene of something so strange and surreal occurring just several meters away. Cars and sedans, trucks and vans, crashed wreckage and broken down humps of trash sit as though left untouched in the last half-decade. This seeming city is almost bereft of life, almost like panic had stricken this place like a lightning bolt onto a jungle. However, like a crashing tsunami on the edge of a coastline, the base of the pillar begins to spread out farther into the deserted city, the energy which makes up the light splashing against the buildings.

The windows breaks under the pressure and let the light come inside the buildings, filling the interior and melting away at whatever was left inside. Cubicles, electronics, offices, the foundations of the buildings, all are burnt away before the tall structures topple over. The rust red-colored metal rebar which keeps most normally constructed buildings from being ripped down by winds snaps easily as it is eroded by the light, allowing for the structures to fall over, crashing against another building in front of it. Finally, the wave of immense power forces itself through the buildings which line the radius around the pillar, reducing everything into ash and melted chunks of metal and concrete.

All bits fly away, thrown about by the shock-wave and force of the glowing white wave of water-like energy, just as it reaches the abandoned automobiles that pile up on the streets. They shake under the sudden increase of air pressure being pushed onto the vehicles, before finally being sent flying off the ground, away from the splash of energy just as it arrives. The light devours the landscape and floods the place where it resides.

Soon, a giant object, shrouded in darkness along with everything else around it, smashes against the side of one of the decrepit buildings, as if thrown like everything else affected by the tsunami-like nature of the energy. The sound made as it makes contact with the building, thousands of window glass planes shattering all at once, the grey concrete being crushed into rubble under the weight of the unknown giant, and the crimson red I-beams being bent due to impact, is the only interruption to the cacophony made by the pillar and all affected by the pillar. The hole made onto the side of the building hides the giant thing inside, besides for what look like giant human legs sticking out from the shadow. However, the legs are covered in what would be dark blue armor, with a slit for movement in the knees and ankles, with light blue trimming used sparsely around it. However, due to the sheer grey that everything is submerged in, most of the color looks dulled, or even completely colorless.

What looks like a dark blue right hand sticks out of the right side of the impact hole, its fingers grabbing onto the untouched section of building right next to the hole, as if using it to attempt and pull itself out. Soon, the other hand reaches out from the darkness and grabs onto the opposite side of the undamaged section like the right hand. A further look at the hands makes it seem that they are covered in dark blue glossy latex, with two pieces put together around the hand and joined by a seam-line at the sides. Pieces of light blue rectangular metal are bolted onto the knuckles of the four fingers, as if to protect them for some unknown reason. The metal piece on the index fingers is slightly larger than the rest, with a yellow circle embedded inside.

The fingers crush against the untouched sections, the glass underneath cracking with the concrete being pushed inward, as it begins to pull itself from the hole the giant being rests inside of. Struggling to pull itself out, as the edges of the hole began to sink into it due to the hands of the giant. However, it manages to lift itself out, leaning forward as its head moves out of the shadows. A horn protrudes from where its forehead is located, with two bits of what look like protective pieces of metal that wrap around the base of the massive and prolonged thin sheet of dark blue metal. Their appearance made it look like two smaller horns over and under the larger one.

Its glowing yellow eyes are the only thing visible about the giant’s face, as the rest remains covered in the grey film of darkness, along with everything else within sight. All that could be told about the giant was that it was humanoid in shape, though with exaggerated slim proportions, with a tube-like waist, which was the meeting point for the upper torso and the hips of the giant. It slouched forward before being able to stand upright, looking up at the pillar of light as it continues onward.

This giant isn’t the only being watching this horrific and destructive sight, however. Somewhere, inside the giant, sits a tube-like interior, with the rounded walls displaying the surroundings outside. This includes, in front and center, the pillar of light, along with the buildings around it tumbling to the ground from the sheer power that the pillar is exuding out. Inside the interior, bolted onto a non-existence floor, is this grey structure, built like an overtly complicated control system, or cockpit. Two long slits rest on the sides of the structure, with a pair of what essentially equate to sliders connected to whatever’s beneath the gap where the sliders run.

The sliders are shaped for human hands, with a handle attached to where a person would be sitting, along with four buttons where the fingers would rest. Two rows of buttons, both rows containing three columns of buttons going down, sit in front of the handles, within finger’s reach of the handles. Human hands suddenly wrap around the sliders’ handles, which apparently operate as the controls to the giant. The owner of these hands is leaning forward from the seat of this grey structure, as if readying himself to rush at the pillar of light which stands in his way.

His brown eyes gaze at the light, anger obvious on his face as his face wrinkles at the mere sight of it. He bows his head down, his black hair shifting with such a motion, as his mouth opens, taking in a single breath. His quick movement causes a reverberation inside, as if submerged completely in water. It is soon confirmed to be so as he quickly breathes out, air bubbles suddenly being blown out of his open mouth. He immediately looks up at the pillar again as his right hand loosens the tight grip on one half of the controls, lifting it up to the left side of his chest, where one of his pectoral muscles is located.

Outside, a red glow appears on the chest of the giant, in the shade of a crudely drawn A on its left side. Inside, the same red glow emerges from the clothing the young man is wear, though what exactly is glowing is hidden underneath a white shirt and black jacket. The glow is only visible through the collar of the shirt, as it seemingly bounces off the man’s right hand, which simply hovers over the place which is seemingly glowing. The man inhales again, quickly throwing his right hand back to gripping on the controls as he leans more forward.

"This is it…" he mutters almost like a whisper as he quickly shoves the controls down the gap, sliding until hitting the end of the gap.

A loud slam echoed inside the strange cockpit.
I hope you enjoy what essentially constitutes the prologue/establishment of Evolved Genesis Arvongelion. While it throws you into somewhat of an out of nowhere situation, trust me, it'll make sense in due time.

(Note: I'm using the spoilers tag for the sake of your sanity and mine when either you or I scroll through the inevitable backlog of chapters that'll begin to pile up.)
Evolved Genesis Arvongelion - go here

Return to “Fanfiction”