E3 2016

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

E3 2016

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:57 pm

I know I've been inactive for a bit, but was just thinking about E3 last year and what awesomeness it gave us. So now being the start to March, we are almost there, which is really crazy. So I post this to ask EGF what do you guys want to see from E3 2016.

Personally don't have a really large list but I'd love to see reveals/new trailers of FF7 Remake, Halo 6, Elder Scrolls 6, FFXV, Souls DLC or a new game, Last Guardian, Shenmue 3(Last Guardian and Shenmue I don't really know a lot about, but they seem pretty cool), and what other surprise might be waiting for us in the Summer.

Also https://www.e3expo.com/ has a list of participating companies if anyone is interested.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: E3 2016

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:40 pm

A little early for a thread, don't you think?
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:59 pm

Shouldn't this go in the Gaming subforum? :tongue:

Anyhow I've been restraining myself from making this topic, but since it already exists I might as well post my wish list.

SPOILER: Show
Stuff I expect to see:

Nintendo NX full reveal, including price, specs, and launch date.
Fallout 4 mod news from Bethesda
Dissidia PS4/X1 version announced
Horizon: Zero Dawn
EA's next Star Wars Battlefront game
Ghost Recon: Wildlands
The Legend of Zelda Wii U
Final Fantasy VII Remake progress report and new trailer

Stuff I'd like to see:

Obsidian announces new Fallout game
South Park: The Fractured but Whole
Dragon Quest Builders physical localization for the west
SOCOM 5
SoulCalibur 6
Final Fantasy IX port for PS4
Final Fantasy XII IZJS HD Remaster
New Kojima IP
Crisis Core HD Remaster
Fallout 3 GOTY/New Vegas UE remaster for PS4/X1 (with mod support)
Final Fantasy VII Remake part 1 release window

Extremely unlikely stuff I'd like to see:

Golden Sun 4 for NX
Obsidian buys full rights to the Fallout series
Assassin's Creed seafaring/piracy game starring Haytham Kenway for PS4/X1/PC
Nintendo patches all existing Wii U and 3DS/N3DS consoles to remove region lock
Twelve Kingdoms open-world action RPG developed by CDProjekt Red for PS4/X1
Senran Kagura action RPG for PS4
MGS: Peace Walker fox engine remake for PS4/X1/PC
Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, and Metal Gear Solid remakes for PS4/X1/PC

Nintendo NX-related wishes:

No region lock
Backwards compatibility with Wii U at minimum. DS, 3DS, N3DS, and Wii backwards compatibility would be amazing.
Powerful hardware significantly superior to PS4/X1, priced in the $400-$600 range (will need kickass hardware to remain relevant if 9th gen starts in 2-3 years)
Controller has similar button layout to conventional controllers and dual analog sticks
A name that doesn't have Wii or Mii in it
Physical disc drive with blu-ray playback
1440p resolution support for games (4K for movies)

I await Nintendo's inevitable shattering of my dreams. :devil:
[Redacted]

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:34 pm

Did I not put it in the the gaming subform? My bad. I usually don't create topics in the first place.
Metal Gear remakes would be pretty cool IMO.

gatotsu911 wrote:A little early for a thread, don't you think?

Not really.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:37 pm

Yeah you created it in the off-topic forum, but it got moved here after I posted that. ^_^
[Redacted]

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:50 am

Uh... mainly I'm just curious to see what the hell Nintendo's game plan is for the coming year(s). A new Monolith Soft project would be nice.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:51 am

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:Not really.

You really want more Metal Gear sans Kojima?

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:33 am

I think the chances of FF7R appearing are slim. Square will want to promote FFXV and if they show anything new about FF7R it will probably steal the show. Also, they have to promote World of Final Fantasy and KH2.8. Nomura specifically said that he will reveal more information about FF7R when these two games come out in 2016. After all, Square didn't even mentioned FFXV at last year's E3. Same goes for PSX. It wasn't by chance that Square Enix never shown these two games together.

E3: FF7R
Gamescom: FFXV
TGS: FFXV
PSX 2015: FF7R

But it would be awesome if there was a new trailer for FF7R at this year's E3, along with more information about the multi-part thing.

View Original Postgatotsu911 wrote:A little early for a thread, don't you think?

Well, it's only 3 months away and most of the companies that will be present have already finished their plans for the show. I heard that they start planning at the end of it's year's E3 and by Christmas they know what they will bring on table. Some things may change at the last minute. They may decide to not announce a game or not show a new trailer but this doesn't mean that they never prepared the trailer itself or the PR announcement for a new game. Some few examples. Bloodborne was planned to be announced at TGS 2013 but instead it was shown at E3 2014 with a different trailer (the TGS 2013 trailer later leaked on the internet with the title ''Project Beast''. You can see it on Youtube, it's pretty cool actually). Horizon Dawn was going to be announced at E3 2014 with a simple teaser trailer, showing the main character but it got pulled off the last minute.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:52 am

I don't see why all these E3 threads need to exist, they're used up once and thrown away, wouldn't it be wiser to stick to one amalgamated thread.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:16 am

I don't know how anyone can get hyped for Halo after 343 dropped the ball for the MCC and Halo 5 was the fastest sinking ship on the planet. I hate what Microsoft has done to one of my most cherished game series. Still going nuts for XV though, it will truly save the gaming industry.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:26 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:I don't see why all these E3 threads need to exist, they're used up once and thrown away, wouldn't it be wiser to stick to one amalgamated thread.

I really don't see why this is such a problem, there are many threads that are used once and thrown away.

@Frisky- Yea ik, but I've always been into the state of wanting to see what happens next with Halo, maybe 6 will do some good.... but then we said the same thing about 5.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:49 am

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:I really don't see why this is such a problem, there are many threads that are used once and thrown away.

Yes for many different reasons, though I doubt this is one of them, there's no logic to having the same thread recreated ad infinitum, that's my opinion anyway so disregard as you see fit.

I wonder about the announcements but I'm not too bothered, E3 seems to grow less relevant outside of major console announcements, even those have lost their appeal. The only attraction for me is the ridicule that comes from what happens in them.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:00 am

Anything about the NX should be interesting. With FFXV we don't have to wait till then, release date and whatnot are going to be reveled on March 31(This month!). There's rumblings about Crash Bandicoot for PS4 again, we will see what happens there, but honestly I'd be happy if they put all the PS1 games on PSN for the PS4, or at least the FFVIII PC port like they did with FFVII.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:19 am

Disney, Activision and EA won't exhibit at E3 this year (this doesn't mean that their games won't be shown to Sony's conference for example).

Is this the beginning of the end for E3?

Maybe Sicarius VI has ''mida's touch'' and with this early E3 thread he will cause the downfall of the event.....
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:39 am

View Original PostDima wrote:Disney, Activision and EA won't exhibit at E3 this year (this doesn't mean that their games won't be shown to Sony's conference for example).

Is this the beginning of the end for E3?

Maybe Sicarius VI has ''mida's touch'' and with this early E3 thread he will cause the downfall of the event.....

So two video game companies that almost never have anything new besides MADDEN/COD/BF not showing up to continue being useless is the start of the end for E3? I don't see the correlation.

And as long Square shows up with KH3, I don't think anyone will care that Disney isn't there either.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:01 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:So two video game companies that almost never have anything new besides MADDEN/COD/BF not showing up to continue being useless is the start of the end for E3? I don't see the correlation.

Not sure if serious.....

Activison:
-Call of Duty
-Destiny (biggest new franchise launch of all time)
-Guitar Hero
-Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
-Skylanders

Electronic Arts
-FIFA
-Battlefield
-Madden
-Star Wars
-Mass Effect
-NBA Live
-Need for Speed
-Plants VS Zombies

All these games were present at E3 last year and are also among the top selling franchises of all time. Activision and EA also make the most money in the industry, so when they decide to skip the biggest gaming event of the year, it doesn't paint a good picture.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:10 am

3 out of 84 companies won't be showing up? Not exactly an apocalyptic scenario for the expo. Most of those three don't interest me anyhow, and EA will be doing its own expo this year. The only thing they could do to interest me is announce a SW Battlefront Prequels game, and it better have playable droidekas.
[Redacted]

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:44 am

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:3 out of 84 companies won't be showing up? Not exactly an apocalyptic scenario for the expo. Most of those three don't interest me anyhow, and EA will be doing its own expo this year. The only thing they could do to interest me is announce a SW Battlefront Prequels game, and it better have playable droidekas.

84 companies doesn't mean much when you haven't heard and can't name most than 15. I can't either, because not all of them get covered by the press and most of them make mobile games.

Also, i never talked about an ''apocalyptic scenario''. When i talked about Sicarius VI that has mida's touch and the downfall of E3 i was not serious and mostly i was kidding. Otherwise i would have never used the words ''mida's touch'' and downfall, lol. Since some members said that Sicarius VI shoudn't have made this thread so early i thought it would be funny to make a connection with the recent news (the 2 biggest companies will be absent form the show) and that's why i said ''mida's touch'' and ''downfall of E3'' in a highly ironic sense. Seriously i was expecting some laughs but it seems my humor was out of taste :uhh: . Maybe i should have put some smiles, if i knew you guys would have taken it so seriously...

But i was serious when i said ''the beginning of the end''. No matter how you look at it, when the two biggest companies of the industry decide to not exhibit, in an event that always get the most spotlight and their games get the most coverage and awards nonetheless, then you can't say it's all nice and rainbows for the E3 as an event. Also, today Disney and Wargaming also announced that they will not exhibit. And we are still in March. So yeah, while not an apocalyptic scenario (yet), definitely it's not good news.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:03 pm

Wargaming does have a legitimate reason to be absent, though. They don't have any new games to announce, and their existing games are free-to-play, while E3 focuses on retail games. Honestly though I wish they would do retail games, I would gladly pay $60 for a physical copy of World of Tanks on PS4. This download is killing my data cap. :lol:
[Redacted]

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:11 pm

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:Wargaming does have a legitimate reason to be absent, though. They don't have any new games to announce, and their existing games are free-to-play, while E3 focuses on retail games. Honestly though I wish they would do retail games, I would gladly pay $60 for a physical copy of World of Tanks on PS4. This download is killing my data cap. :lol:

You are pretty much spot on about Wargaming. Here is what they said

“From a company perspective, we’re focusing a large majority of activities on events focused on our players and community. Whether it’s a small group of players or hundreds at one of our player gatherings, they’re our main priority. From a strictly business perspective, E3 just doesn’t fit our current direction. It’s a show that is very centralized on retail product, and as a free-to-play digital download gaming company, we’ve realized that while the show may be a good fit for lots of other publishers and developers, it’s currently not a great fit for us. And, of course, we appreciate all that the ESA does in their legislative efforts and their work to raise and discuss issues surrounding video gaming as an industry, hobby and way of life.”

Meanwhile, Disney said
“we will have additional direct to fan engagements through the summer this year.”

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”