Problems Running Girlfriend of Steel

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Retro Chocolate
Adam

Problems Running Girlfriend of Steel

•      
  •      

Postby Retro Chocolate » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:42 pm

So I finally decided that I was going to play girlfriend of steel. I download it off the internet, but when I tried to start it, it didn't work. When I launch the executable, the cursor changes to the loading cursor for a second and then it stops. The game never starts up.I tried running it in compatibility mode for windows 7 and windows xp but it still didn't work. I think it's probably just that it doesn't work on windows 10, but I wanted to make sure. Do I have to have it in a specific directory? And has anyone else tried running this in windows 10? and lastly, are there any fixes to this?
Thanks.
"That's not it at all. Trying to go on living is different than trying to escape fear. Those who acted in order to live until the end, without losing themselves to fear and what was happening around them, are the ones who survived properly. We don't know what "God" is thinking, but both fortune and misfortune are thrust upon people. Even so, people exist within a domain that is theirs in which to act."
-Luca, Berserk

"Surely, a true Buster Machine pilot, the real Nono-Riri, would have a Buster Machine in the heart!!" BUSTER BEAM SLASH!!!
-Nono, Diebuster

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Problems Running Girlfriend of Steel

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:38 am

I failed to get it going in Windows 7 or 8, even with an actual CD in my hand.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Retro Chocolate
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Retro Chocolate » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:23 am

I figured it was something like that, but i just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the help.
"That's not it at all. Trying to go on living is different than trying to escape fear. Those who acted in order to live until the end, without losing themselves to fear and what was happening around them, are the ones who survived properly. We don't know what "God" is thinking, but both fortune and misfortune are thrust upon people. Even so, people exist within a domain that is theirs in which to act."
-Luca, Berserk

"Surely, a true Buster Machine pilot, the real Nono-Riri, would have a Buster Machine in the heart!!" BUSTER BEAM SLASH!!!
-Nono, Diebuster

xPearse
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby xPearse » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:03 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:I failed to get it going in Windows 7 or 8, even with an actual CD in my hand.

Microsoft disabled a driver that helped older games run last year. Did you know that? If not, follow this guide to reactivate it and try again. It should then work on Windows 7. Windows 8 onward doesn't even have the driver so that's most likely why it won't run. P.S. - I use windows 7.

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/11577 ... ing-issue/
Evangelion, Higurashi, Terra Formars and video game translations
http://pearsehillock.blogspot.co.uk/

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:12 pm

Interesting, thanks!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

marynou
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby marynou » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:10 pm

Digging this up as I have the EXACT same problem. The link didn't really help me as I'm running Windows 10 and couldn't find the required driver. There were instructions to enable it for sure, but they aren't working on this version of Windows.

Could somebody lend me a hand please? I really am bad at computer stuff...

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”