News [NO POLITICS]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Re: News [NO POLITICS]

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:45 pm

Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Tue May 01, 2018 7:01 am

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue May 01, 2018 7:29 am

^ That is hilarious. I mean, I don't see the point of the show... but subversion seems a bit... over the top.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Thu May 03, 2018 7:25 am

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu May 03, 2018 7:37 am

You know what, those meatballs are still f-ing delicious, and it reminds me of a line from Babylon 5 that every culture has their own "Swedish Meatballs". Also this seems to fall in the vein of pizza and pasta being Chinese inventions appropriated by Italy.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu May 03, 2018 12:47 pm

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:52 pm

I know this doesn't belong here but here is an old NPR story/review on Evangelion
https://www.npr.org/templates/story/sto ... Id=1778628

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri May 04, 2018 3:59 pm

Number of children in Japan falls for 37th year to hit new record low

Low birthrate and fairly strict immigracy policy probably means that the trains are going to be a bit more empty in the 20 years or so.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Fri May 04, 2018 5:22 pm

Portugal also has super low birth numbers. Hopefully the situation changes before governments impose laws or something. The situation would have to be really dire for that to happen though.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri May 04, 2018 5:34 pm

Most of the developed world has low birth rates. It's pretty much inevitable that this will happen in countries that are wealth and stable.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat May 12, 2018 1:06 pm

Two recent news stories

The first is the continuing issue on Hawaii's big Island, Hawai'i where the volcano Kilauea has been erupting for the last week, raising concerns that it could suffer from steam explosions not seems in over a century, sending boulders the size of refrigerators hurtling through the air and causing further damage to the island, and forcing a mandatory evacuation. Hopefully the volcano goes dormant again soon for all those affected.

And on a lighter note, a tanker truck in Poland crashed, sending it's cargo of liquid chocolate all over the motorway.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed May 16, 2018 9:58 pm

Tornadoes just aren't something you think of happening in the hills of New England, its more of Midwest thing, right? So... quite out of the ordinary for New England, two EF1 tornadoes touched down in Connecticut yesterday during some severe thunderstorms. Two fatalities have been reported so far.

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Fri May 18, 2018 11:18 am

Another school shooting.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sa ... 3cdba128a5

blah blah thoughts and prayers blah blah clearly a mental health issue blah blah act of evil

:facepalm:
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri May 18, 2018 11:24 am

^ Soon it'll be blah blah blah violent video games blah blah blah and all that all over again. Yet no one ever brings up bullying as a cause :shrug:

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:34 am

I am actually a little close to where this shooting is and I have family there my age so I am a little worried that none of them go to school there

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri May 18, 2018 2:34 pm

Another one? Fuck. Time to steer clear of social any form of social media the next few days
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:40 pm

Tell me about, you have no idea how many nutjobs are saying, "The whole things is just a conspiracy to make gun owners look bad." Ugh I hate ignorant people

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Fri May 18, 2018 6:51 pm

View Original PostTokpile Quohog wrote:Another school shooting.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sa ... 3cdba128a5

blah blah thoughts and prayers blah blah clearly a mental health issue blah blah act of evil

:facepalm:

One answer: just don't let guns fall into the hands of lunatics. :facepalm:

Ambiant23
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ambiant23 » Fri May 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Agreed

Tokpile Quohog

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Mon May 21, 2018 7:17 pm

Amazon to pick up The Expanse after syfy dumped it.
https://news.avclub.com/amazon-decides- ... 1826210325

IMO one of the best scifi shows in the past decade.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”