You Can Start Again

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderator: Board Staff

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Re: You Can Start Again

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:06 pm

View Original Postroyabr121 wrote:If Misato did indeed confirm it was Shinji and not an Ikari-Type on the Wunder's bridge, why did they put the DSS system on him to begin with?

Ritsuko told him in 3.33 that it was as an insurance policy as well as a punishment. Keep in mind as well that when on the Wunder's bridge, Misato asks Ritz if it was really Shinji, she replies that it "seems that way." In a latter scene, they said that they are identifying him as Shinji "on a provisional basis." At the time, I found it curious that if their scans showed that it was really Shinji, why were they hedging their bets. It was these things along with some other scenes on the Wunder which led to the idea of the Ikari types.

Also, why did she insist on trying to have him fitted with it once he was in the city, when they should have confirmed by then that it was really him? It is very clear that she knows it is in fact Shinji, and still expresses concern for his well being - so why?

It was due to a combination of fear that he could still be a clone, an understanding of his nature both physical and mental, and some of her own issues in dealing with Shinji. I addressed these concerns both in Chapters 7 & 16, but perhaps I didn't do it clearly enough.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:44 am

And here is Chapter 21. I have to admit that I feel a little uncomfortable with this one, particularly the ending. I keep having the idea in my head that it's not up to snuff compared to previous chapters. It makes me wonder if there are any other fanfic authors who feel the same way.

royabr121
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby royabr121 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:28 am

It was a good chapter. I liked it.

jcmoorehead
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:38 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote: I keep having the idea in my head that it's not up to snuff compared to previous chapters. It makes me wonder if there are any other fanfic authors who feel the same way.

Each and every piece of work I do. Doesn't matter what it is I write, if it's a continuation of a story, if it's a one shot or even one of the smut pieces I've wrote, I never feel my work is up to par, hell I never feel my work is any good at all. I have that brief moment of being proud but then immediately go to "Well this is awful" :tongue:

As it is, you did a great job with the latest chapter. I left a big review over on FFN but there is a reason this is one of my fav fics at the moment and continues to be. You do a great job.

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:15 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote: I keep having the idea in my head that it's not up to snuff compared to previous chapters. It makes me wonder if there are any other fanfic authors who feel the same way.

Yeah I get that a lot and there are chapters I write which I sometimes hate but the readers love them, or I have concepts but think there not that great and tend to run them by other Eva writers just to check that the idea is okay. ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:25 pm

Here is Chapter 22 for your enjoyment. I had some difficulty writing this one, but I think it turned out okay. The next chapter I've wanted to tell for a good while, but it might be some time before I it's completed. So what will come first, the next chapter coming out or NGE premiering on Netflix? We'll just have to see.

royabr121
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby royabr121 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:17 am

So here's a question:

Since Shinji is a Human-Angel hybrid and was basically created almost completely from his mother's DNA, meaning his was basically a Virgin Birth, does that make Shinji Angel-Jesus?

Return to “Fanfiction”