FML general thread [8]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Re: FML general thread [8]

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri May 11, 2018 1:28 am

That really sucks, DarkBluePhoenix. I'm guessing there's nothing you can do about this?
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri May 11, 2018 1:36 am

Thanks child of Lilith ^_^

And unfortunately as a temp I have little recourse, which does suck because it was a decent job that kept me busy 40 hours a week, and I was allowed overtime if I needed it, something that's hard to find these days.

Still there is a bright side, being out of that environment, the replacement they have waiting is probably the intern, and they're not that bright, so I expect things will be right fucked in a few weeks back to how they were before I got there. It took me over a month to clean up the mess that was left by the rest of them from before, so its only a matter of time.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri May 11, 2018 2:49 am

That's what I figured. Being a temp doesn't offer you much if any protection from this sort of bs. :(

It's bit petty of me, but knowing they shot themselves in the foot when they kicked you out brings me some satisfaction. Some sort of justice will come crashing down on them at least.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Fri May 11, 2018 5:27 am

Sorry to hear it, DarkBluePhoenix. Hope you find a better job soon.
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri May 11, 2018 8:54 am

^ Thanks, imprimatur13 ^_^ I hope so too.

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:It's bit petty of me, but knowing they shot themselves in the foot when they kicked you out brings me some satisfaction. Some sort of justice will come crashing down on them at least.

Not petty at all, cause that's part of what makes this so hilariously stupid. They get what they deserve from who they're hiring. Just to give you an example, this person couldn't divide 100,000 by 50,000 in their head. NO you're not having a stroke, you read that correctly. My boss' boss had to tell them the answer after an entire minute of internal screaming on my part. So yeah... :rofl:
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Fri May 11, 2018 9:25 am

Id like to say thank you for everyone who commented on my mothers passing..I really appreciate it..

DarkbluePhoenix: I'm sorry to hear about losing your job. (Now you'll have more time to listen to Night Vale..at least. Maybe you can take a job as Cecil's intern?) In all seriousness though best of luck while job hunting. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Sometimes a change of scenery is needed..
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri May 11, 2018 5:41 pm

^ Ah, yes, the most dangerous job in the world, Cecil's intern. Well, Night Vale is a sweet little berg, it may be worth a shot to apply :wink: Thank you though, it was a blessing in disguise I think, because I'm not even that upset. I just hope to find something soon. Sitting home today was painful... I'm used to doing work.

And I'm sorry to hear about your mother, it's always difficult losing people we care about.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri May 11, 2018 6:45 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote: Just to give you an examNple, this person couldn't divide 100,000 by 50,000 in their head. NO you're not having a stroke, you read that correctly. My boss' boss had to tell them the answer after an entire minute of internal screaming on my part. So yeah... :rofl:
Wish I could say I find that hard to believe, but after some of the incompetence I've seen it doesn't surprise me at all.:um:

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Fri May 11, 2018 10:36 pm

@DarkBluePhoenix: Sorry to hear that you were a victim of office politics. Did you originally get this job from that company or did you get it through a temp agency? If it's the latter, you hopefully might get another job soon.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sat May 12, 2018 5:20 am

Sound like the kind of person that was ultimately responsible for my last job ending, DarkBluePhoenix. Dunning-Kruger syndrome all over them, and the best is that they won't ever understand they are stupid and causing damage to the company.

I think the one at my previous job is still raging about the 'quality' of my work, which is 'bad' because I didn't listen to her 'criticism' (read: yelling her head off in a highly unprofessional manner). Meanwhile, my 'shitty' work actually lead to a book chapter being published elsewhere...clearly, I did something wrong along the way. :rolleyes:

View Original Postrobersora wrote:
Shamsiel-kun, I know the Psycho Neighbor sucks, but reading this story is weirdly captivating. Maybe it's just because you've got storytelling talent, lol.

And now for the Continuing Adventures of Psycho-Neighbour:

Psycho-Neighbour-Mom was there today, again (something tells me things aren't going very well for Psycho-Neighbour). Psycho-Neighbour-Mom is not a psycho, but a fairly withdrawn calm old lady. Psycho-Neighbour started slamming doors and drawers and being obnoxiously loud because earlier this morning people in an apartment on my floor but several apartments away were doing work in their newly purchased home. Psycho-Neighbour-Mom got exceeded by her son's behaviour and amazingly raised her voice, telling her son he shouldn't behave that way (sometimes those thin ceilings are a blessing... :w00t: ).

Psycho-Neighbour reacted by blaming his behaviour on the neighbours at first, and after being rebuked by his mother, blamed all of his antisocial behaviour on his dad :facepalm: , who apparently asked too much of him...

End of discussion.

Ironically, his dad also slams doors and also claims he doesn't when you point it out, so Psycho-Neighbour isn't entirely wrong... :emogendo:

I might have material for a novel here I think. Or perhaps a giant robot series, if I change the story so his mom is dead and disappeared and his dad is the officer in chief of a secret organisation defending the world against supernatural creatures called A...hold on, am I living the normal version of NGE here? :tongue:
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat May 12, 2018 8:11 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:@DarkBluePhoenix: Sorry to hear that you were a victim of office politics. Did you originally get this job from that company or did you get it through a temp agency? If it's the latter, you hopefully might get another job soon.

Thank you charming. To answer your question, I got the job through an agency as a temp, though I was promised a full time job by my boss if I met certain conditions, one of which was melding with the team. I'm kinda glad I was temping because at least I'm not alone in the job search, which isn't exactly a fun task.

Shamsiel-kun wrote:Sound like the kind of person that was ultimately responsible for my last job ending, DarkBluePhoenix. Dunning-Kruger syndrome all over them, and the best is that they won't ever understand they are stupid and causing damage to the company.

That theory is basically what happened, and it sounds like you've experienced similar. It's a shame such bias can exist, but everyone is replaceable in their job, but not everyone realizes it.

Also, your saga of a crazy-ass-neighbor reads like a tellanovella, and I can't wait to see more. Though I hope the situation resolves itself in some manner soon, cause no one should have to endure that.

I had a roommate in college who used to lock himself in bathroom for hours at a time for "happy fun time" and would sometimes leave... evidence of such activities on the floor or toilet, so I can sympathize about having someone completely inconsiderate in a living situation.

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sun May 13, 2018 5:50 am

I need to make a small correction to the saga of Psycho-Neighbour: He has a girlfriend. Who could just as well be a clone of his mother: same length, same body shape, same hairstyle (but curly instead of straight), same type of personality. :facepalm: :freud:

I crossed them while going to the supermarket.

Also, the guy is a metalhead, long hair + beard, guitar, motorcycle, the works. The girlfriend? Plain as heck. Looked like the kind of well-educated girl from a protestant family that can be found by the dozens in this region (and who would be happy to receive a washing machine for their birthday so they have something to keep them company in the kitchen* ). The kind of sheltered person who gets all excited from a WILD-looking man (and are likely to conclude 20 years down the road that they should have been smarter). I wonder how long this one will stay...

* I wish I was making that one up. :deskbang: But then again, part of this region is an extremity of the Dutch Bible Belt...ah, Psycho-Neighbour-Girlfriend is doing his vacuuming for him... :facepalm:

Come to think about it, when I was still at university there was a similar guy in my year: typical suave Nice Guy(TM) with long hair and a guitar, with girls of a certain type always swarming around him, ending up in his bed anywhere anytime anyplace (e.g. in his tent at a camping during a field trip so the rest of us could enjoy their fornication sounds during the night :uhh: ). The other girls thought the guy was an arrogant asshole poser whose guitar was merely an extension of his penis :D .
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun May 13, 2018 3:03 pm

View Original PostShamsiel-kun wrote:I need to make a small correction to the saga of Psycho-Neighbour: He has a girlfriend. Who could just as well be a clone of his mother: same length, same body shape, same hairstyle (but curly instead of straight), same type of personality. :facepalm: :freud:

I crossed them while going to the supermarket.

Also, the guy is a metalhead, long hair + beard, guitar, motorcycle, the works. The girlfriend? Plain as heck. Looked like the kind of well-educated girl from a protestant family that can be found by the dozens in this region (and who would be happy to receive a washing machine for their birthday so they have something to keep them company in the kitchen* ). The kind of sheltered person who gets all excited from a WILD-looking man (and are likely to conclude 20 years down the road that they should have been smarter). I wonder how long this one will stay...

* I wish I was making that one up. :deskbang: But then again, part of this region is an extremity of the Dutch Bible Belt...ah, Psycho-Neighbour-Girlfriend is doing his vacuuming for him... :facepalm: .

If he has a temper and bangs things not long once she realizes it as bad girls/boys are only fun when your living with the false illusion that won't do you any harm, once that illusion is shattered and she realizes he's abusive foul tempered and possibly violent and will never settle or care for 2.4 children she'll run away like a terrified gazelle running from a big cat.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun May 20, 2018 7:45 pm

Bit trivial but when i went to WalMart and bought my copy of 2Pac's Greatest Hits CD, i opened it and when i popped it in it turned out to be the censored version. :um: What sucks worse is the fact that it's open so i can't get my money back even if i returned it so i have to resort to ordering it through Amazon.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Mon May 21, 2018 7:04 am

Did it say it was the censored version on the packaging?

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Mon May 21, 2018 12:18 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Did it say it was the censored version on the packaging?

TBH, i suspected it might've been the censored version since it didn't have the parental advisory symbol on the front but i really wanted the CD so i went ahead and bought it.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed May 23, 2018 10:37 pm

Well, I've haven't been on much the past few days. Haven't had the time really to come on due to a minor car accident I had last week. I'm fine, but I've been dealing with all the fallout, like the insurance and the new car and all that. NOt what I really need right now, but it is what it is, I guess. Now I'm just hoping for things to start looking up, cause its been a long few weeks :dejected:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu May 24, 2018 3:31 am

Not exactly FML, but sad story for me.

Some of you will recall that my son Nic is a concert pianist of considerable repute. His talent became apparent with the remarkable development of his playing from start to the highest level of school exam (what we call "Grade 8" in the UK) in barely five years in his first boarding school. His piano teacher for most of that time was obviously a major aid to this development. However, only a couple of years later he was jailed briefly for inappropriate behaviour with minors; we, and Nic, had never seen any evidence of this, and provided character reference documents at his trial.

We met him a few times over the next couple of decades, not least for birthday meals (his birthday is the same as Nic's); and on one occasion early in Nic's professional career he and Nic played the piano and harmonium together in a London performance of Rossini's Petite Messe Solennelle, of which I have a recording.

But now, after all this time, this:
http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/13360028.Swimming_pool_pervert_who_filmed_boys_changing_is_jailed/
We feel sadly let down; but his contribution to Nic's musical development remains as genuine now as it has always been.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Fri May 25, 2018 12:23 am

Ouch. That's pretty awful.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:45 pm

My kitty had a super long vet trip and has a inflamed pancreas and I'm not mad about that but I swear my hands are getting so many scratches from trying to give her meds and I have a lot more nights of meds to go...I think my hands gonna be full of plasters by the end...

SPOILER: Show
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”