FML general thread [8]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Re: FML general thread [8]

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:26 am

My favorite Sushi bar. The one I've been going to with my parents since I was a toddler is closing it's doors for good.

This Sushi Bar is very important to me because I literally would not exist without it. My parents met there, and remained good friends with the owner all the way until I was born. But he's old now, he's like almost 90, has been a Sushi Chef since the 60's both in Japan and here in America. He has to retire but none of his children want to take up the Sushi Trade. Succulent Tuna, Salmon, traditional Japanese street food, Green Tea made from leaves and not that store bought powder or honey in a jar, things that you just don't get from treadmill sushi places or even those expensive five star dining places. . . . Gone forever. To be replaced by some hipsters Ramen Bar that wont be able to be one tenth as nostalgic or shape as many lives as this Sushi Bar did.

The Deli I could accept. But my Sushi bar too? The world around me is changing and I don't like it. I love my Sushi Bar and I wanted it to be around for years to come. But it's going away. Just like everything else about my Childhood.

I got to eat there one last time at least. The chef made me a very nice Sea Bass dish with rock salt. He made the octopus taste better than it ever had before. The waitress I'm friends with and I talked. We exchanged contacts, so that's something I guess.

It's bittersweet to say the least. The end of an era man, the end of an era.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

silvermoonlight
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:34 pm

So storm Eleanor broke a large part of my fence...and threw a small tree...this fucking sucks, added bonus insurance from what I've heard never insure broken fences from wind damage, because there acts of god. :irked:
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:44 pm

I think I have a cold. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:48 am

View Original PostRay wrote:My favorite Sushi bar. The one I've been going to with my parents since I was a toddler is closing it's doors for good.

This Sushi Bar is very important to me because I literally would not exist without it. My parents met there, and remained good friends with the owner all the way until I was born. But he's old now, he's like almost 90, has been a Sushi Chef since the 60's both in Japan and here in America. He has to retire but none of his children want to take up the Sushi Trade. Succulent Tuna, Salmon, traditional Japanese street food, Green Tea made from leaves and not that store bought powder or honey in a jar, things that you just don't get from treadmill sushi places or even those expensive five star dining places. . . . Gone forever. To be replaced by some hipsters Ramen Bar that wont be able to be one tenth as nostalgic or shape as many lives as this Sushi Bar did.

The Deli I could accept. But my Sushi bar too? The world around me is changing and I don't like it. I love my Sushi Bar and I wanted it to be around for years to come. But it's going away. Just like everything else about my Childhood.

I got to eat there one last time at least. The chef made me a very nice Sea Bass dish with rock salt. He made the octopus taste better than it ever had before. The waitress I'm friends with and I talked. We exchanged contacts, so that's something I guess.

It's bittersweet to say the least. The end of an era man, the end of an era.

Oh gosh, I know exactly how that feels.

A small vegetables/bread store around the corner of my house is closing down after more than three decades; the nicest old man used to run it with his kind wife but she recently got sick, and it seems like they're heading back to their village; it managed to stand tall despite all the chain food stores emerging close to my place the last years, since the neighborhood always supported it.

I'm gonna miss those little mundane exchanges I had with them; it has been one of the many "constants" of my childhood (I used to frequent it a lot more) and seeing it empty right now...well, like it was stated above "the end of an era." Quite the melancholy around, realizing how many places/people will only be a part of your memory as time passes by.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”