FML general thread [8]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Re: FML general thread [8]

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:35 am

I got a %45 in an assignment I was expecting to ace lmao. It'll be fine, there is a path to an A- that isn't unreasonable. Just a word of warning; always read and reread your briefs, I put a whole lot of work into something that just wasn't what the assignment was about.

Also I'm getting mad tired of people pooing on Evangelion because that's the in thing to do :irked: . Honestly it's gotten to the point where I tend to just refuse to talk to people about it, and that sucks because this show is so discussable. I've rewatched this show like 6 times and each time I find something new in it.
Leave Shinji alone

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:14 am

Sgt. Griff wrote:Also I'm getting mad tired of people pooing on Evangelion because that's the in thing to do :irked: . Honestly it's gotten to the point where I tend to just refuse to talk to people about it, and that sucks because this show is so discussable. I've rewatched this show like 6 times and each time I find something new in it.

Well, those people clearly have poor taste or they just can't understand the show. Or both.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:31 pm

I got a D on my test. . . ugh. I'm gonna have to hit the bricks even harder if I want a shot at passing this class.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:23 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:I got a D on my test. . . ugh. I'm gonna have to hit the bricks even harder if I want a shot at passing this class.

Sorry man.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:02 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:I got a D on my test. . . ugh. I'm gonna have to hit the bricks even harder if I want a shot at passing this class.

I'm sure you can do it, Ray. And look on the bright side, you passed, and its way better to recover from a D than an F.

And just out of curiosity, what class is it?
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:12 am

That's too bad, Ray. :(
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:25 am

When I was in my third year of highschool I got a -2.5 (rounded to 2 because it was the minimun possible score for a non white paper) on 1 to 10 scale, and I still managed to end the year at the level required, so you can do it too. ^_^

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:21 pm

Next one is this week and not only am I under prepared I'm also feeling a tad sick.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Still Sick and the test is today. . . FFFFFF.

Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:58 pm

Ray wrote:Still Sick and the test is today. . . FFFFFF.

May the Force be with you

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:05 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Still Sick and the test is today. . . FFFFFF.

Good luck ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:27 pm

I'm pretty sure I bombed it. . . :facepalm:

Death take me now. . .

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:08 pm

Tonight I hit my second deer, and it hasn't been six months since the last time it happened. Is my car cursed or something?
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:06 am

View Original PostRay wrote:I'm pretty sure I bombed it. . . :facepalm:

Death take me now. . .

School is astoundingly traumatic. I'm not trying to use hyperbole here; I'm 100% serious. Ask anyone who's done with school if they have nightmares still about sitting for a test they didn't study for or accidentally missing a bunch of lectures and the large majority can remember a nightmare somewhat recently. How else would you describe something so stressful and anxiety inducing it still haunts you with nightmares years after the fact? I'm sorry you're in the thick of it but I promise you that you'll beat it one day and be free.

This consulting job from hell is still destroying me. Something went wrong and my boss was swearing at me and calling me names. I kind of broke down when I went back to my cubicle and he caught me crying and got even angrier pounding my desk and telling me to stop. I keep trying to tell myself I can handle anything for a month and I need to tough it out since I've been thrown into a parental role with my younger sibling but all this stress is taking its tole physically on me. It's pretty hard to just be tough for me.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:11 am

View Original PostMuscleRobo wrote:This consulting job from hell is still destroying me. Something went wrong and my boss was swearing at me and calling me names. I kind of broke down when I went back to my cubicle and he caught me crying and got even angrier pounding my desk and telling me to stop. I keep trying to tell myself I can handle anything for a month and I need to tough it out since I've been thrown into a parental role with my younger sibling but all this stress is taking its tole physically on me. It's pretty hard to just be tough for me.

How big is the company and is there anyone who happens to be above your boss because there is absolutely no excuse for what your boss is doing for you. It sounds like it's actually verging on workplace bullying and that needs to be looked at? I'd look into finding out if there is a support department you cna speak to for issues like this.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:47 am

View Original PostMuscleRobo wrote:This consulting job from hell is still destroying me. Something went wrong and my boss was swearing at me and calling me names. I kind of broke down when I went back to my cubicle and he caught me crying and got even angrier pounding my desk and telling me to stop. I keep trying to tell myself I can handle anything for a month and I need to tough it out since I've been thrown into a parental role with my younger sibling but all this stress is taking its tole physically on me. It's pretty hard to just be tough for me.

You should go to HR about this and file a report regarding this boss and even think about sending a formal e-mail to there boss above as this is bullying and office abuse and a clear misuse of power. Its worth doing this as I knew someone whose boss used to play the bullying game and used to come out with dark comments that the person could loose there job during things like Xmas. They filed a report and this person was disciplined and later moved completely out of that department and never retuned. These people behave this way because they believe they hold all off the power over others, once they realize there not in control and there will be serious consequences involved they'll back off real fast.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:45 am

I thank you for the advice but I'm in such a unique and messed up situation there's no real hope for me. I'm a temp so already I'm an outsider and the HR lady has been pretty mean to me already. My boss is retiring in two months and the company relies on him a lot. I'm at a stupid sales company that spends money like water to impress clients but thinks three accountants and a bookkeeper is enough to handle finance; plus one of those accountants is part time. My consulting agency doesn't even have an HR department as well. I'm just a product for them to sell.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:49 pm

More than a month since someone on this forum has had a FML moment? This must be a record.

I had plans all week to take Amtrak up north to visit my dad for this birthday, and we were going to see the new Star wars film. I don't normally get the chance to take time off for travel, and right now inbetween holidays seemed like the best time to take a vacation. Well, I make it all the way to my seat on the train, and as they're doing their announcement before departing, they say they can only go so far north due to the California fires, and anybody else that needs to go further is basically screwed. Had to take another train back to the original station and get a refund for my ticket, plans now cancelled. The frustrating part is that I didn't get any notice about the fires affecting the train lines and that my ticket was basically useless until the damn train was already departing.

On the plus side though, using the refund from my train ticket, I made new plans to see Star Wars today rather than tomorrow. :D

But to keep things on the sour side, I sliced my hand open last week, earning myself six stitches. It's already pretty much okay, stitches removed, but it cost me a pretty penny. So much for my savings.. again. Oh well.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:02 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:More than a month since someone on this forum has had a FML moment? This must be a record.

Some could point to this as an example of a lack of activity on the forum, but I like to see it as a celebration of a lack of less than necessary FML posts, i.e. something like "I ate ice cream too fast and had a brainfreeze." Though, it is nice when the thread is used by someone to try to iron out some existential crisis they've been going through in real life.

Anyway, sorry about your loss of funds and your Amtrak woes, Sachi! I think trains basically exist in this country as a way to drive people nuts by never doing what you want them do to(I take a train to work every day, fml).
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:28 pm

I went to sleep last night with huge bouts of depression and thoughts of suicide. Doesn't help me that a couple of nights ago, I dreamt that I was drowning and actually felt at peace with it, making no effort to make it to the surface. My whole suicidal outlook seems to stem from the opinion that if I did it, I would somehow rectify all the wrong things I have done with my life. Anyway, today hasn't been all that great since I am still a bit depressed. I wish the doctors who help on these issues weren't on leave till January so I could deal with these thoughts right away instead of having to bear with it.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”