FML general thread [8]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Re: FML general thread [8]

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:21 pm

Good luck Sachi, I hope its nothing too serious.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:42 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:My dog developed a hematoma on his left ear yesterday. Gotta bring him into the vet, and possibly get him surgery to remove it if they can't drain it and seal the rupture. I really hope it was caused by him just rough playing and not from an ear infection. I'll spare no expense for my baby, but my wallet really can't handle something like this right now.

I swear it's like reality is constantly finding new ways to screw you over. :(

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:12 pm

I hope it's not a difficult one, Sachi.

My old dog has gone up in weight from 19.5 to 20.4 kg; this will cause her insurance to change from "medium dog" to "large dog" (more expensive, of course) unless we can get her weight down again in a few weeks.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:12 pm

The vet saw Oswald today. He has a minor ear infection which caused the hematoma. He'll be going in for surgery tomorrow morning for the hematoma, and while he's under they'll clean his ears really good. He'll need to stay overnight, and I can pick him up Wednesday evening for a lofty sum.

I'm just glad I caught it while it was still relatively small. It could potentially spread to the entire ear, permanently disfiguring it. I'm ready to get this over with and put it behind us.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:59 am

Good luck, Sachi. I hope your pup makes a full recovery.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:11 am

Glad to hear that it got picked up before it got serious :)
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:10 am

I had a similar problem with both my dogs believe it or not. I hope puppy isn't too fussy about the cleaning solution after you'll have to use. Good luck!

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:07 pm

Oswald got to come home today. Procedure went smoothly. Turns out his ear infection went a little deeper than they originally thought, so I had to pick up extra medicine for him, but his other ear is fine, and everything else about him is fine. He has to wear a cone for a couple weeks until they can take the sutures out of his ear. Still has his personality and everything, even though I can tell he's uncomfortable. Scary part is out of the way, though, and I just got to help him through the recovery process.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:07 pm

Sachi wrote:Oswald got to come home today. Procedure went smoothly. Turns out his ear infection went a little deeper than they originally thought, so I had to pick up extra medicine for him, but his other ear is fine, and everything else about him is fine. He has to wear a cone for a couple weeks until they can take the sutures out of his ear. Still has his personality and everything, even though I can tell he's uncomfortable. Scary part is out of the way, though, and I just got to help him through the recovery process.

Glad your dog came through the operation ok, and hope he has a nice speedy recovery too ^_^
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Lots of treats for Oswald. Doctors orders.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:03 pm

*removed by user*

I really should post like that, I always regret it immediately afterward.
Last edited by Vegeta 20XX on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

FrDougal9000
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby FrDougal9000 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:56 pm

You're not boned. Going from what you've said, you're going through a really rough time (not helped by the circumstances that serve to push you into a bad state of mind), but you're not forever screwed.

Here's the thing: you're only 24 years old. That's a fairly long time to be around, to have stuff happen and to think about all manner of things, but it's not very long compared to the average person's lifespan. That's not to suggest that "you have so much of your life ahead of you", but more to suggest that if you're both physically and mentally healthy (and I'll admit to not knowing on that front, so I apologize in advance if I made a bad assumption) that you'll be living for a long time. That sounds like hell if you're not happy, but here's the point I want to make: you can change things in your life to make you happy.

No, you can't change everything in your life. You can't completely change the circumstances that leave you in whatever financial position you're currently in. You can't change the past, nor the mistakes you or others have made. You can't change what happens outside of your control. But you can change more in your life than you might realize. You can mitigate what few parts of life are very difficult to be marginally less difficult. You can adjust your perspective on things and figure out a way to deal with things. You can even change who you are, in terms of personality, if you wanted to.

That all sounds fairly trite, I know, but I'm saying all this because that's what happened to me. When I was 16, I was convinced that I was human garbage. I felt like I didn't understand anything, that the only thing I was good at was being selfish at everyone else's expense, and that the only reason I could say I was happy was because I'd never really thought about it before. I didn't have a reason for living in a meaningful or happy way; I just existed. But in the five years that have passed since then, I've taken steps to figure out what to do with myself. I've gotten better at understanding people and why they do the things they do, I make sure to try and help others out to the best of my ability, and I'm continually working on things that make me happy and give my life meaning, in the hope that they'll one day do the same for others.

I may not have experienced the same things you have, but I know what it's like to be convinced that you're utterly useless, that things are never going to get better, and that it would be easier to die than to exist without meaning or desire. But I'm better now. I won't say that I'm completely fine; I'm going to have bad days where I feel like I want to give up; but I can say that I do have the strength to go on. And that's largely through my desire to improve myself and change the things surrounding my life that previously made it harder.

And to be honest, I feel that you're in a similar position. You're in a rough place right now, and that can frame everything around you as being so much worse than it might actually be, but that will pass. Through your own actions, or otherwise, you'll be better someday. I won't say when or how, but just that the rest of your life is not set in stone. You can change things for yourself, you can keep moving forward until things improve, you can go on.

Whatever happens from here is your choice, and I'll understand and respect that choice no matter what, but I sincerely hope that things get better for you. If I've sounded like a patronizing arse that's done nothing to help, then I apologize completely for what I've said.
Pen-Pen died for your sins!

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:21 pm

It has just not been a good month for me...

I've had my asshole of a grandfather move in with us (more on this in a minute), and I'm back at the walk in clinic for the second time in five days because my right big toe may be infected. Had the ingrown toenail removed Saturday, they numbed it, and clipped the sides of the nail away so it can grow back in normally. Now, several days on, it's oozing pus and hurts like a motherfucker. So, I'm sitting in the exam room waiting for them to come and fix the issue, because apparently staying off it and keeping it clean just weren't enough.

As for my asshole grandfather. We haven't talked to him in four years because he's just an asshole, but a month ago, he wrecked is truck, broke his neck and ended up in the hospital. Now he's living with us, and will be permanently because he has the early signs of diabetic induced dementia. So, because we can't afford a TV, that self centered asshole is using mine, leaving me with no way to really vent my anger playing video games and leaving the entertainment center in my room looking retarded because of a lack of TV. And all the man watches is sports and game shows, anything else isn't something he's interested in, and because he doesn't like being left alone (yet wants to go back to living alone...), we're stuck watching repeats of game shows from 40+ years ago and thankfully he watches baseball alone, because good lord baseball is boring. I hate him being there, I admit it, and I'm not ashamed of it either. He acts like a spoiled brat and thinks the world literally revokes around him. He actually thinks (and has for a while) that McDonald's makes hash Browns in the afternoon just for him, even though they have all day breakfast... God I just hate him.

Needless to say, it doesn't seem that I catch a break :raincloud:

Zeruss
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Zeruss » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:46 am

I'm unable to sleep, so here's this trivial nonsense.

We've been having some freak storms these last couple of days and they've been messing with the power grid and internet; kind of a nuisance but nothing too bad for now. On Friday I had to send a couple of large files to a client and couldn't do it because the power was down--Thankfully the client wasn't too far away, so I decided to take 'em myself via usb.

I hop on the bus, sit down, and after a while start noticing that most traffic lights don't seem to work; I hear people saying we might be like this for as long as the weird weather lasts, which might be a couple of more weeks--Suddenly, while in the middle of an intersection, a bunch of us notice a car is slowly -but steadily- coming right towards the side of the bus; we try to get away but, in what I can only describe as an 'infinite instant', the car hits the bus and launches most of us across (cue the Benny Hill theme).

No one seemed injured, and once we get down the entire thing doesn't look so bad: the bus was somewhat dented, and the damn car was practically intact except for a busted light; seems the driver was just distracted by the... useless traffic lights.

I get out of there because I really don't want to miss the deadline; I arrive at the client's office in time, deliver the files, then someone tells me: "you got a bit of blood in your eye".

I manage to remember that someone hit my left eye with their elbow during the incident; didn't seem to hurt that much, so of course I didn't pay attention to it back then--Now I have a weird bruise, a bit of irritation in my left eye, some awful headaches and nausea. Still, I am thankful it wasn't worse and that my (what appears to be will be quite humorous) death has been postponed for now, so there's that.

PS: Thanks to my dear friend ibuprofen for helping me get through the day and keeping me company while I can't sleep.
I'm a lurker at heart.

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:27 am

Ah, Zeruss. My best wishes for your recovery. Is your sight impaired at all?

Also, I recommend trying Aleve instead of ibuprofen. The 12-hour action works wonders; believe me, I know.
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:31 am

Don't want to be a wet blanket, but if you're having headaches and nausea you might want to go see a doctor just to be on the safe side.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:36 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Don't want to be a wet blanket, but if you're having headaches and nausea you might want to go see a doctor just to be on the safe side.

I agree with this as you might have whip lash from the accident, as this happened to me as the car I was in was rare ended by another driver years ago and I had similar symptoms like feeling dizzy and wanting to be sick along with awful muscle ache in the neck and shoulders and the doctor will give you a far stronger drug than ibuprofen to deal with the pain and something for your eye.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:29 am

Yeah, it's always better to be safe than sorry.

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:47 am

Hi, folks. I... don't know how to say this. I really don't...

My mother just passed away.

She was the best mother a person could ask for, and all I hope in life is to succeed her as a child. I honestly don't know what I'll do without her...

Needless to say, I'll be kind of inactive on EGF for a while. Don't know when/if I'll come back. I appreciate all of you: Your forum, and its archives/wiki, though you didn't know it, has helped me through these times. Thanks.
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:01 am

Holy shit. That is terrible. I am so sorry for your loss.

My thoughts are with you, man. If you want to talk about anything at all, you know where I'm at. Stay strong, buddy.
- Sachi

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”