FML general thread [8]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Re: FML general thread [8]

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:39 pm

View Original PostMuscleRobo wrote:I just want it to be over

I will send prayers for that to be the case.
Good luck.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:23 pm

Kitty I know you're mad at me but please for the love of God stop peeing in your water dish.

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:31 pm

Only hurting itself, no?
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

PG 134
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PG 134 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:07 pm

Unfortunately my car finally broke on me yesterday. I was just about to leave from Hurricane Ride-out crew at Disney and the front right of my car collapsed onto the tire. Luckily it happened after I arrived instead of on the way to work before the storm. I just wish this happened a few weeks later so I had the extra pay from this weekend. Looks like Ill be getting my motorcycle earlier than expected though!

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:52 pm

After every automotive failure, there is always a silver hubcap.
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:21 pm

I ate ONE hot chili pepper, and now my stomach is punishing me for it. I feel like I ate a hot coal.

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:48 pm

EDIT: Sorry about that. I hope you feel better; see my advice below.
Last edited by imprimatur13 on Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:05 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:I ate ONE hot chili pepper, and now my stomach is punishing me for it. I feel like I ate a hot coal.

Have you tried drinking some milk? I've heard that can help with the pain.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:08 pm

In all seriousness, I agree with child of Lilith. As someone with a lot of experience dealing with that sort of thing, I can tell you that milk helps. However, something starchy (like bread) is usually more effective, I find.

Failing all else, some Tums should do the trick.

Hope you feel better!

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:41 pm

Ray wrote:I ate ONE hot chili pepper, and now my stomach is punishing me for it. I feel like I ate a hot coal.

Oooh, I can sympathize... I ate a cherry bomb pepper once, and it was not pleasant. I had some egg noodles with milk to fix the stomach issues, or as imprimatur13 said, tums should be able to help too. With any luck it'll clear up soon.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:00 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:I ate ONE hot chili pepper, and now my stomach is punishing me for it. I feel like I ate a hot coal.

Milk snack is a good cure for that but make it thick with ice cream and milk not thin it should make the burn go away and settle your stomach.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:59 pm

How do you mess up a dish as Simple as Mac and Cheese, Ray? HOW? I followed the recipe to a tee!

Somewhere out there Gordon Ramsey is sharpening his knife.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:56 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:How do you mess up a dish as Simple as Mac and Cheese, Ray? HOW? I followed the recipe to a tee!

Like form the box, or is it the microwavable kind? From the box, maybe you didn't use enough milk or butter, and the easyac depends more on microwave strength and making sure you're right on that dumb little line in the cup.

Cause this does happen. A girl in college set her microwave on fire because she didn't add water to her easymac. Figured it would just cook itself, clearly it doesn't.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:05 pm

I tried to make it from Scratch.

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:40 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:I tried to make it from Scratch.

Y'know, here's the thing: Speaking as a life-long pasta maker, it really is a delicate art. So many times I have over or under-cooked the pasta... Nothing worse, honestly. As orgasmic as well-made pasta is, mess-ups are like a trip through hell.
I sympathize. Remember, it's mostly trial and error. After a while, you'll develop a sense of when it's ready.
Good luck! :asuka_thumbsup:

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:15 pm

Throw out whatever recipe you're using. make a roux, throw in 3-5 mild meltable cheeses a little a time until you get the consistency you want, make sure you undercook the macaroni by 3 minutes before mixing it, and let it simmer for a while. Spread a less melty cheese on top (like cheddar) or cracker crumbs before serving.

Or you can bake it, in which case may God have mercy on your soul.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:32 pm

The mistake I made was with the sauce. I used sliced cheese instead of grating a block of cheese. I'm poor and working with limited resources. A lot of those brand names spray their cheese with soy to keep the cheese from congealing together in the pack. I thought it wouldn't do anything to the recipe, I was wrong. The cheese shriveled up into grease balls rather than melting.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:56 pm

Ray wrote:I tried to make it from Scratch.

Props for trying that, not many people attempt to make it from scratch, and as someone who has, it's no easy task.
Ray wrote:The mistake I made was with the sauce. I used sliced cheese instead of grating a block of cheese. I'm poor and working with limited resources. A lot of those brand names spray their cheese with soy to keep the cheese from congealing together in the pack. I thought it wouldn't do anything to the recipe, I was wrong. The cheese shriveled up into grease balls rather than melting.

Next time, instead of buying the sliced cheese, just use the pre-shredded cheese from the store. It costs about the same as the sliced packages, and won't turn into congealed balls of grease. Walmart's store brand of shredded cheese isn't too hard on the pocket, and melts just fine. I've used it before to do nachos and chicken parm, and it tastes pretty good. Also, what cheeses were trying to use?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:30 pm

My dog developed a hematoma on his left ear yesterday. Gotta bring him into the vet, and possibly get him surgery to remove it if they can't drain it and seal the rupture. I really hope it was caused by him just rough playing and not from an ear infection. I'll spare no expense for my baby, but my wallet really can't handle something like this right now.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:32 pm

Best wishes for your canine companion, and your wallet, Sachi.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”