FML general thread [8]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: FML general thread [8]

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:03 am

My FML today is political (see today's breaking UK news), so I can't put it here - FML!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Kaworu starts to prepare Shinji for dual-piloting (details); Past avatars.
Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Update:

Since Saturday I've been at my parent's house cleaning up my old junk. Fortunately, everything has gone smoothly with the family. No incidents. It's been live and let live. That sure takes a load off. Now I have to worry about the other proverbial load, though -- actually getting my room cleared out in a timely manner. I've been working my butt off for days here and it still feels like I've accomplished almost nothing. Doesn't help matters of speed, I'm sure, that my back wasn't in great shape to start with, and I managed to mess it up even more, particularly the right shoulder girdle and traps. (Chiropractor appointment on Wednesday can't come soon enough.) But, still, some tangible progress has been made. As long as I keep going and don't let myself get "stuck" on anything, the room will eventually be cleared out.

Returning to the apartment today for a couple days' break. It's been really difficult to sleep here at the parents' place and I feel like shit.
Avatar: "That's right. I'm a gay robot." (David 8 image by Junseo)
Crying Man
(Or, How Dr. Katsuragi Found God): Read at AO3 & Discuss Here.
Status: First Draft. Chapter 10: Idle Hands released 5/24/2017.

"Fighting idiocy is like fighting a hydra. Cut off one head, two more grow back and need to tell you their uninformed opinion." - PeeJee, Something*Positive

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:57 pm

Good on you for gritting your teeth and managing to get somewhere with it, though. Here's hoping it continues to go your way!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: Kaworu starts to prepare Shinji for dual-piloting (details); Past avatars.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:23 pm

Food poisoning two days before a math test. Not fun.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:56 pm

If this rug doesn't stop fucking with me it's going in the dumpster. Stupid Wayfair piece of shit.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:04 pm

What's it doing to you? Wrapping you up like Masamune?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:36 pm

It refuses to be flat. I just discovered that it's not actually rectangular so part of the problem has been I've been trying to get two sides parallel to the wall when one must be crooked no matter what.

Zeak
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:10 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:It refuses to be flat. I just discovered that it's not actually rectangular so part of the problem has been I've been trying to get two sides parallel to the wall when one must be crooked no matter what.

I have a similar issue with one of mine upstairs. Solution I nailed it to the floor because the kids refused to fix it.
Writer and Lead animator of Cold Heart
webpage

MuscleRobo
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:12 am

I had to renew my lease for a year and I've been so depressed. It's been a lifelong dream of mine to move to Japan. I even have this old letter I wrote in second grade where I say my dreams are to move to Japan. Due to family issues I've had to take care of my little sister and our two dogs for over a year now and I'm just so depressed. I feel so trapped, day in and out of my boring office job just to afford supporting all of us. I'll probably have to go back to school and get my Master's so I can get a better job and I worry that I'm never really going to feel happy again. I have to pretend I'm fine with it though since my little sis is still in school and always so anxious all the time. When I'm too obvious about missing Japan or feeling sad she puts it on herself and cries even that she feels awful. I'm thinking of starting an anime club at my local library though so I could at least try to make some friends.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon May 01, 2017 12:46 am

I was too sick to take my last test so I'm going to have to retake my math class over the summer.

:deskbang:

Silver Lining? I also didn't get those tickets for Comic-Con I wanted. Probably for the best, I don't think I could have gotten a refund for those if I had got them.
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!
Avatar: "There's a Starman, waiting in the sky. He'd like to come and meet me, but he thinks he'd blow my mind."
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon May 01, 2017 1:05 am

View Original PostMuscleRobo wrote:I've been so depressed. (snip)

I can't even imagine the kind of pressure you must be under, but I can certainly relate to anxiety and depression and having a lifelong dream dashed into the dirt. You mentioned the difficulty with your sister, but not the rest of your family. Are any of them in a position to give you emotional support? Is there anyone you can open up to? Feeling isolated and alone during hard times makes them all the more difficult to get through, naturally. Whatever the case may be, looking for opportunities to meet like people is a good idea, and definitely go through with that; just keep your expectations leveraged, and all. (When my public library had an anime club, almost all of the members were irreverent loudmouths who wouldn't put their damn phones away and absolutely trashed the viewing area. Ugh!)

Persist and struggle on! I hope the setbacks you face now can be eventually surmounted.
Avatar: "That's right. I'm a gay robot." (David 8 image by Junseo)
Crying Man
(Or, How Dr. Katsuragi Found God): Read at AO3 & Discuss Here.
Status: First Draft. Chapter 10: Idle Hands released 5/24/2017.

"Fighting idiocy is like fighting a hydra. Cut off one head, two more grow back and need to tell you their uninformed opinion." - PeeJee, Something*Positive

MuscleRobo
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Mon May 01, 2017 8:53 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Persist and struggle on! I hope the setbacks you face now can be eventually surmounted.

Thank you so much for the kind words. Unfortunately the circumstance behind me becoming the provider for my sister and puppies was a nasty divorce between our parents. They're kind of being selfish and awful and I don't want to be around them. I only saw them three times last year even. Despite being an adult myself part of me wants to channel that anime protagonist who shouts about how adults are irresponsible! I am trying to stop sulking so much. Staring at Japanese events on twitter isn't going to help me feel better. I want to finish Transformers now so I can make a slightly silly topic on the chit chat board about AT Fields vs Sparks :lol:

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed May 03, 2017 7:09 pm

I like coffee, but I had espresso for the first time in my life today and I couldn't even finish drinking it, it's sooooooo bitter! it's like I'm drinking sin, and not the fun kind of sin! The taste just won't leave my mouth.

:yuck:

big_big_bozo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby big_big_bozo » Wed May 03, 2017 8:55 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:I like coffee, but I had espresso for the first time in my life today and I couldn't even finish drinking it, it's sooooooo bitter!

You probably just had a really shitty espresso. Thing is, a whole lotta coffee franchises have a tendency to go a little overboard with the caffeine, specifically in their espresso lineup. Given that the ratio of caffeine per ounce is jettisoned way above traditional recipes, you get an extremely bitter taste. Trust me, a good espresso is much more palatable, and this is coming from a fella that has a ridiculously low tolerance for bitterness.
sacred cum swamp denizen

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu May 04, 2017 5:28 am

^Indeed. There's a coffee shop on my college campus, and the quality is rather inconsistent. I order the same thing every time I go, and there will be days it's made so poorly where I honestly would have rather had a McDonald's coffee.
"Chaos is merely a human construct. The world only knows its own natural law of harmony and order."
"So you are saying it's the human heart that throws the world into confusion."

movieartman
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sat May 06, 2017 11:52 pm

- Grandma is dying. Was found unconscious (her blood sugar went below 30), went too long without Oxygen. Almost no brain activity so they took her off the Ventilator today. She is managing to breath on her own for now. :uhh: :sniffle:
- Mom's sick (harsh coughing, congestion, sinus) & meds aren't helping. She is afraid her asthma is returning (she had it as a child)

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon May 08, 2017 7:02 am

Keep your chin up art man. We're here for you.

movieartman
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon May 08, 2017 11:46 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Keep your chin up art man. We're here for you.

Thanks man.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed May 24, 2017 1:22 pm

Misplaced my phone for a moment while at school, and now it's gone. Yay.

Although, maybe this will be a good opportunity to have my number changed before my birthday. My birthday wish is not not have to hear from certain people.
"Chaos is merely a human construct. The world only knows its own natural law of harmony and order."
"So you are saying it's the human heart that throws the world into confusion."

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Wed May 24, 2017 10:35 pm

Hit a deer on the way home from work. Compared to what I've heard happened to other people, I got off easy, bu there is still damage.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”