New & Upcoming Games Thread

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Shinoyami65
Seed
Seed

Re: New & Upcoming Games Thread

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:38 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Guys, I am so hype that Last of Us 2 is on the way, you have no idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Wnvvj33Wo

Apparently, the developers have stated that if the first game was about the familial love between the two main characters, the second will be about hate.

Last of Us 1 Ending spoilers  SPOILER: Show
Considering that the writers of the original game said that their interpretation of Ellie's final line was that Ellie, on some level, hates Joel for taking away her choice in the end (although it's all up to individual interpretation as well) this could lead to a very interesting exploration of their dynamic and how Ellie feels about Joel's actions at the end of the first game.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

IronEvangelion
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:03 pm

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time is coming to PS4 via the PS2 on PS4 program!

http://gematsu.com/2017/02/star-ocean-t ... ounced-ps4

While it's not a true remaster, it's the next best thing! PS2 Games ported to PS4 in this manner receive enhancements like 1080p upscaling and trophy support. Going by the price of the other games in this category, it should cost around $15-$20. Instant buy for me. Coming this year, by the way.

Now all I need is for SoulCalibur 3 to get ported to PS4 or remastered, then I can officially retire my aging PS2 for good.
Final Fantasy VII is being remade, all's right with the world.
BASCH LIVES 2017
#1 Duck Team/Akebi Sasaki (Girls und Panzer) fan.
"There are two things I can't stand: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch." -Nigel Powers (Austin Powers: Goldmember)
"Oh no, Haruka! My butt's already split! I think my whole team's butts are split!" -Minori (Senran Kagura: Estival Versus)

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:14 pm

^OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Dreams really do come true. If I can get this and Radiata Stories, then I will truly have no need for my old PS2. Radiata Stories seems like way more of a pipe dream though. I adore that game.
"Chaos is merely a human construct. The world only knows its own natural law of harmony and order."
"So you are saying it's the human heart that throws the world into confusion."

IronEvangelion
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:28 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:^OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Dreams really do come true. If I can get this and Radiata Stories, then I will truly have no need for my old PS2. Radiata Stories seems like way more of a pipe dream though. I adore that game.

Yeah I did some fist-pumping when I saw the article. S-E did state that this is part of their new Ultimate Hits HD series of PS2-on-PS4 games, so there is hope for Radiata Stories as well. You can actually tell Sony what PS2 games you'd like to see on PS4 using Twitter. I created a Twitter account solely for that purpose last year. One of the games I requested was SO3, and now it's actually happening, so you may want to tell them you want Radiata Stories.
Final Fantasy VII is being remade, all's right with the world.
BASCH LIVES 2017
#1 Duck Team/Akebi Sasaki (Girls und Panzer) fan.
"There are two things I can't stand: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch." -Nigel Powers (Austin Powers: Goldmember)
"Oh no, Haruka! My butt's already split! I think my whole team's butts are split!" -Minori (Senran Kagura: Estival Versus)

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:55 pm

A Big leak from WB games division Via a rogue Target Employee.

This is the video game that WB was planning to be a 'spiritual successor' to their Batman Arkham series.

SPOILER: Show
I’ll escape now from this world, from the world of Jean Valjean, Jean Valjean is nothing now! Another story must begin!

Phew, I’m not tense anymore… now I’m just miserable.
People say "be yourself" but that's bad advice, if we were all to "be ourselves" many of us would stop wearing clothes. -Chuckman

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”